Onkyo HT s3400 Owner's thread

thank you rupam.I bought it from e bay at 22.5k.the seller told the original invoice is as good as warranty.onkyo india dont provide any separate warranty card.do you have any idea??
now have not called the service centre in kolokta.its around 3 months I bought.
anyway i was trying if I can rectify that.
I will call the service centre lets see what they say.
also problem is i work in tatanagar....anyway thanks again for your concern:yahoo:

polycab speaker cable OR normal electrical solid core copper cable.............anything costlier not required for these supplied speakers.
both are tested by members with good results.

Where can I check for these cables? How much would these cost per meter? Any specific brand?

I recently bought dac cables from hifimart. They are a little pricey at around Rs.70/- meter for 18awg, but I found them to be very good.

using 3400 for about six months....
One issue has been bothering me for some time now.Tried all possible links still no clue.(unless some links were in my blind spot!)

1.I have Panny 42X30D
2.Onkyo 3400
3.Videocon Digital cable

Connection goes like this : Videocon HDMI ---> Onkyo HDMI ---> Panny thru ARC.
I have an external harddisk connected to HDMI in of Panny.

Every thing is working fine ...except when I switch on the hard disk...
Problem is I do not get any sound out when I play from hard disk...??
But if I switch on the system with Videcon HDMI cable removed ...sound comes out.
I tried all possible settings in Onkyo/Panny still no luck ...the direct way.

Hope someone can help ...

using 3400 for about six months....
One issue has been bothering me for some time now.Tried all possible links still no clue.(unless some links were in my blind spot!)

1.I have Panny 42X30D
2.Onkyo 3400
3.Videocon Digital cable

Connection goes like this : Videocon HDMI ---> Onkyo HDMI ---> Panny thru ARC.
I have an external harddisk connected to HDMI in of Panny.

Every thing is working fine ...except when I switch on the hard disk...
Problem is I do not get any sound out when I play from hard disk...??
But if I switch on the system with Videcon HDMI cable removed ...sound comes out.
I tried all possible settings in Onkyo/Panny still no luck ...the direct way.

Hope someone can help ...

One point I missed ..is....external hard disk goes into HDMI IN of Panny...

Can anyone suggest solutions ...?:sad:

this arc dont seem to work perfectly always....or I am missung something.
best is use a media player with hdmi output for usb play and join it hdmi output into ur avr....no hassle.
this way you will enjoy true surround also with original 6 channel files...onk will decode them...

this arc dont seem to work perfectly always....or I am missung something.
best is use a media player with hdmi output for usb play and join it hdmi output into ur avr....no hassle.
this way you will enjoy true surround also with original 6 channel files...onk will decode them...
but why is onkyo able to output the sound from hard disk (that is connected at tv's usb in) when I switch on the power without the stb cable connected...?
Anyone else facing this issue?

hey guyz.........when i took audition of onkyo 3400 and 3300, at high volumes and high bass the subwoofer was dancind on floor making thud thud sound.....i think sw is very light weightwise....how did u guyz fix this?

hey guyz.........when i took audition of onkyo 3400 and 3300, at high volumes and high bass the subwoofer was dancind on floor making thud thud sound.....i think sw is very light weightwise....how did u guyz fix this?

Generally we are supposed to sit on it and enjoy the movie.....:lol:

The subwoofers will rattle if they are new ones. After a few days of use the vibration will reduce. I experienced this with my sub.

but why is onkyo able to output the sound from hard disk (that is connected at tv's usb in) when I switch on the power without the stb cable connected...?
Anyone else facing this issue?
STB has nothing to do with audio coming from files being played from USB hard disk. So whether STB is connected or not makes no difference.

ARC essentially means that whatever audio output you are getting from TV speakers, that audio will be sent to HT-S3400 and it will be output through HT-S3400's speakers.
So say you connected 10 devices to the TV (some via USB, some directly via HDMI, etc, etc), then you select one device and you start playing something from it on TV. If you are getting audio through TV speakers, you can send it to 3400 via ARC.
But you need to turn ON ARC in HT-S3400 for this to happen. The way to do this is...under HDMI Setup --> Audio Return Ch (ARC) set this to "Auto". Then when you want ARC to work, which means output audio from TV speakers to HT-S3400, you select "TV/CD" under "Input Selector" from HT-S3400's remote. Some people think just by connecting devices to ARC ports via HDMI cable will make ARC work, or you need special HDMI cables for that.

Now in your case, you must have set Audio Return Ch (ARC) to "Auto" and you have selected "TV/CD" from remote (or previously had selected "TV/CD" before switching off HT-S3400, which means when HT-S3400 is switched ON the next time, it will start in "TV/CD" mode automatically). So when you switch ON HT-S3400 and play something from hard disk audio is output through HT-S3400. So now you know how to turn this OFF when this happens.......select anything else other than TV/CD from remote.
This is not an issue. It's a feature, if you may.

Guys Im new to here. I got my HTS 3400 sterday, and the wiring setup is done. I need to configure the Receiver. I didn't receive the TV yet and have a standard television, i.e. old CRT one. need advice to have a visual from the receiver. How to make the connections between the TV and receiver?

Guys Im new to here. I got my HTS 3400 sterday, and the wiring setup is done. I need to configure the Receiver. I didn't receive the TV yet and have a standard television, i.e. old CRT one. need advice to have a visual from the receiver. How to make the connections between the TV and receiver?
You could post a picture of the back of your TV where the connections are for correct suggestions.
I guess since it's a CRT it will have either a headphone out or a L/R (red/ white) audio out. If so, for the first case, buy a 3.5mm stereo to RCA cable

1806_small.jpg

and for the second case buy a stereo RCA to RCA cable.

rca-cable.gif

Then connect your TV to HT-S3400 using the TV/CD input in HT-S3400. Then when you want to hear audio from TV, press TV/CD button under "Input Selector" in the HT-S3400 remote.

Whats the cost? Please post your impression about Onkyo hts 3400.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back