Onkyo HTS-3400 review please

Dear coolcatric

HT-S3300 is very good! Since one year I'm using it. For movies (HD) the sound is very good. Don't know any significant upgrade in the HT-S3400 model.

Go for HT-S3300 but try to negotiate further down to 21K!
------------------------------
Setup: (1) ONKYO-HTS3300 / Xtreamer / Samsung 32LED (2) DENON PMA-510AE / Paradigm Titan Monitors /PC- Xonar Essence STX

I bought a New HTS 3400 recently from Dubai . Is there any basic setting which need to be done in the receivers .As the Chennai Onkyo dealer was saying there are primary setting that to be made for getting a good quality sound .

.I will be using it for Playing movies & Music only .Presently i don't have a Player so will be using my Samsung LA32D450G TV for playing both .I am planning to connect my Optical out from my TV to connect to my 3400 .

Can any one help me in setting my receivers .

I bought a New HTS 3400 recently from Dubai . Is there any basic setting which need to be done in the receivers .As the Chennai Onkyo dealer was saying there are primary setting that to be made for getting a good quality sound .

.I will be using it for Playing movies & Music only .Presently i don't have a Player so will be using my Samsung LA32D450G TV for playing both .I am planning to connect my Optical out from my TV to connect to my 3400 .

Can any one help me in setting my receivers .
There is nothing special to setup.
Reset the receiver to Factory Defaults and turn of Audyssey. That should be enough.
To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR, press ON/STANDBY. Clear will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter Standby mode.

To turn Off Audessey, navigate to Menu --> Source Setup --> Dynamic EQ, set it to Off

The other setting you could do is set the distance and level from the normal sitting position to all the speakers.
To set speaker distance, navigate to Menu --> Sp Distance
To set speaker level, navigate to Menu --> Level Cal

BTW, how do you manage to bring such a large & heavy box through the airline as well as exit through the airport?

Hi Dinesh,

Congratulations on your new purchase.. I am also planning to buy Onkyo HT-S3400 from Dubai .

From which dealer you brought the system . One of the dealer HIFI City is quoting 999 AED (approx 14000) .. what is the price you paid..

and Can you please tell me what is the dimensions and weight of the Package..and is there any charges we have to pay at the airport.

Thanks in advance

Dinesh also bought for same price. Check in 3400 owners thread.
Is it available for same price in dubai airport?
I am trying to get it through my friend in dubai

I bought it from sharafDJ for 999 AED .They have a site too you can check the deals .The carton weight 22 KG .My friend carried for me . In emirates we can carry upto 30 KG .So he managed it .

Hi Guys ,

I connected my 3400 with my Sam LCD with the HDMI out in AVR but when i switch my TV to the HDMI port which is connected to my 3400 i find a blue blank screen . Is there any option to view the Onkyo screen in my TV .

Pls help.

Dinesh

One more person joining in onkyo family. Getting 3400 from dubai. Price is 999 AED. He will buy it tomorrow. Also the price 999 is coz an offer. Actual price was 1500 he told.

Hi,
Bought HTS 3400, performance is good for movies and OK~OK for Songs. Facing couple of issues. If anyone has faced such issues and knows how to resolve, please help.
1-> While changing the volume the Reciever display shows a particular value and the overlaid on screen display shows a different value. There is always a diff of 2~3 units, the overlaid on screen display being on the showing the higher value.
2-> Which switching on, the recieved first shows Amp:Speaker and then changes for TV in the input, irrespective of whether there is any input given to this port.
3-> Any means or setting to get better quality sound while playing songs.
BTW, I use a LG BD550 player, Airtel HD Box as input to the reciever.
Thanks in Advance
Ajith

Hi,

I am looking to buy an HTIB (20 k approx) and zeroed in on yamaha YHT-196 (21k). In the meanwhile I am getting an offer for an year old HTS-3400 in perfect condition for 15K (move out sale). Is it worthy to go for HTS-3400 at 5K less in comparison to YHT-196 :confused:

I am noob and as usual want the most bang out out of my bucks :), help solicited

If the Onkyo is in perfect condition then go for it. You not save some bucks, but gets an avr with additional features like hd audio decoding. But ensure that there is no problem with the avr.

Hi all, I am planning to buy an HT(Whichever is better HTIB, Component setup, plz suggest in detail as this one will be my first and I am a kind of intermediate person in knowledge). I have looked at the two options in front of me: Yamaha YHT-196(21k) and Onkyo HT-S3400(25k). I want to know is it worth the extra buck(My budget is 20k) and is there a component alternative I should look for? I live in Chandigarh but am open to options in New Delhi as well. Thanks in advance :)

If the Onkyo is in perfect condition then go for it. You not save some bucks, but gets an avr with additional features like hd audio decoding. But ensure that there is no problem with the avr.
As I have inferred from looking at this thread, You are quite an expert. I want your opinion in this: What is the exact difference between S3300 and S3400? And please if you can, reply to my first post^^

Please check the specs of both models to know the exact differences. 3300 is now a very old model replaced by 3400 and 3500. I have heard only 3400 personally and it was quite good for movies.

Hi,
Bought HTS 3400, performance is good for movies and OK~OK for Songs. Facing couple of issues. If anyone has faced such issues and knows how to resolve, please help.
1-> While changing the volume the Reciever display shows a particular value and the overlaid on screen display shows a different value. There is always a diff of 2~3 units, the overlaid on screen display being on the showing the higher value.
2-> Which switching on, the recieved first shows Amp:Speaker and then changes for TV in the input, irrespective of whether there is any input given to this port.
3-> Any means or setting to get better quality sound while playing songs.
BTW, I use a LG BD550 player, Airtel HD Box as input to the reciever.
Thanks in Advance
Ajith

Change speakers if u can

Thanks for your kind advice, has picked up the Onkyo-3400 for 15k, it is exactly 1 year old and found this to be in proper working condition. Watched couple of movies and we are happy with the new acquisition (or should I term it as old :licklips: )

There is a small observation that when we switch on/off any light while using the AVR, we get the black screen on the TV for a second (seems like AVR is super sensitive) Is this normal.

I am using LINE interactive UPS in my home (Luminous sinewave 875 VA), hope this is enough to save the device from voltage fluctuations any experience with the same ?

Thanking the hifi-vision community again, for providing such a nice platform where I learnt lot of things, specific to domain.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back