Onkyo HTS-3400 review please

Guys, Can any one tell how you are feeling about when we change the music settings to Dolby ProLogic II, while playing FM or CD or Normal Dolby Surround DVDs? Becuase I have some of the old movie DVDs which are recorded in DD Surround, so when I change the settings DD ProLogic II, not able to hear much voice from the surround speakers. Is it need any settings?

i am getting onkyo hts 3400 for rs 23000 at vijay sales mumbai.is this a good price ?it was rs 25000.

Onkyo HTS 3400 is available for 24,990 (without bargain) in Modern world, domlur, bangalore

But, i def can tell you, it worths the money. Its a great wow to listen to it's effect.

Guys, please post the price around you....

Onkyo HTS 3400 is available for 24,990 (without bargain) in Modern world, domlur, bangalore

But, i def can tell you, it worths the money. Its a great wow to listen to it's effect.

Guys, please post the price around you....

Try with Griha Vaibhava, Jayanagar or RV road, Bangalore. I got 3400 for 23500Rs.

guys, does the 3400 AVR support powered/active Sub woofer ? bcoz the bundled one is passive

The Onkyo 3400 wont support active/powered subwoofer as it does not have a sub pre-out...BTW why do you need a active subwoofer? The bundled passive subwoofer does an excellent job producing deep, tight and thundering bass..

The Onkyo 3400 wont support active/powered subwoofer as it does not have a sub pre-out...BTW why do you need a active subwoofer? The bundled passive subwoofer does an excellent job producing deep, tight and thundering bass..

that means the speakers can't be upgraded unlike the denon 1312xp

just wanted to check..its always good to have a system that can be upgraded

I think you can upgrade other speakers except the SubWoofer...

Thanks...

well, that wont give the full benefit, sub plays a vital part in 5.1, and 3400 AVR is entry level which will cry if you add a tower speaker etc to it

its a big con for this system

If you are serious remember all good things come to those who wait.. if you you just want a no fuss ht ,3400 is brilliant .. but if you have musical ambitions .. neither the avr nor the speakers are good long term investments

Totally agree with kohinoorb, after using the 3400 for about 6 months. Its a great buy at this price for casual movie watching, but may leave you thirsting for better music output rather quickly.

Replacing the speakers is also difficult since the amp will not do justice to good BS speakers. On the positive side, its a good entry level product to get a hands-on experience of what a full feature home theater can do, at a price that no other brand offers.

Also have found that it's sufficient for smaller rooms, but the strain shows when covering larger areas.

Hope other brands come up with killer options at this price range.

Guys, Please suggest where can I find & audition HTS3400 in Pune. I checked with most major dealers (Chroma, Ezone, Vijay), all of them are offering 3300; When I went to AVxelence it was closed.
Moreover when I auditioned Onkyo HTS3300 along with Yamaha YHT294, I was much impressed by Yamaha; I found following issues with Onkyo 3300:
- Bass was weak; (probably since it has a passive sub)
- with a high volume the sub was vibrating madly & it was moving places on the floor
- although the sub has a nice wooden finish, rest of the speakers have cheap looking glossy plastic body
- However Onkyo 3400 has HD sound carrying capability; which probably Yamaha YHT294 doesn't have.
Onkyo owners/fans, please share your comments on above;
going by my experience, I'm inclined towards Yamaha; but want to audition 3400 before finalizing.

Hi did u bought 3400 from pune and what price u got it for if yes update the dealers info and price I asked Blore final quote I got is 24900 is price raise now ?

I wanted to buy HTIB, after going through lot of reviews finally made my mind for 3400. But last i checked it was for 25K, and yesterday the Onkyo dealer in Gurgaon said 27K ( after nego ).

Dont know what to do, reliance digital is offering 3300 for 22K.

Need advice from experts, is it worth spending 5K extra for 3400.

Is there any sound difference among 3300 & 3400, or 1 extra HDMI port is the only difference.

Me open for EBAY option as well, but no good deal on ebay i guess.

Request you all to guide me & provide link for any good deal.

I can wait, but fear that price might go up again....

Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back