Onkyo India Warranty

neoisme

Hi All,
Yesterday i bought Onkyo reciever NR808 in Bangalore but when i opened the box i found that the power cable is not of indian standard. The power cable pins were not round in shape but rectangular in shape.
Also, the warranty card says that the warranty is valid only in Hong Kong and Macau.
Hence,i guess the product is made for Hong Kong/Chinese market and by mistake it made its way to India and then to me.

Can anybody confirm about the warranty card that they got from Onkyo India? It would be a great help.

Thanx,
Avinash.

Why not checking with merchant/retailer? Any issues ..

There may be mistake or there may be explaination ..he should be given first chance

Am in talks with the merchant and he is trying to skirt the issue saying that buy some power adapter and all those stuff. So, i just want to know from people who have already bought Onkyo receivers about the warranty that they received.

I am in talks with merchant and he is trying to skirt the issue. Hence i thot of getting information from onkyo owners.

Avinash

Power adapter - China has 100-120 V? Or just adapter pin??
please clear

Is this bill and warenty purchase?
Try to contact HO ,lodge complaint.

@neoisme

Power cable will not an issue you can buy one from outside ,but warranty they should give when you brought from them.

Hi All,
Yesterday i bought Onkyo reciever NR808 in Bangalore but when i opened the box i found that the power cable is not of indian standard. The power cable pins were not round in shape but rectangular in shape.
Also, the warranty card says that the warranty is valid only in Hong Kong and Macau.
Hence,i guess the product is made for Hong Kong/Chinese market and by mistake it made its way to India and then to me.

Can anybody confirm about the warranty card that they got from Onkyo India? It would be a great help.

Thanx,
Avinash.
Looks like you have been duped. Contact Onkyo India HQ and mention this to them. See how they can help.

But, if you have bought from a non-authorized seller (like for example grey market), Onkyo India wouldn't be able to help. In this case there no question of warranty anyways in the first place. You can then forget about the warranty and get a universal adapter socket.

The authorized Onkyo dealers sell receiver/HTIBs etc made for India. All of which have a Indian type plug and work in ~250V AC and have warranty valid in India (mentioned in their warranty card).

You have to confirm serial no with ONKYO HQ & register it(I did in past & got warrenty card delivered to home)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back