Onkyo s-3400 Vs Denon 1312xp HTiB

sktaliyan

Hi,

I am interested in buying a HTib and budget approx Rs 30,000/-. I has almost made up my mind to buy onkyo s-3400 which is available on ebay.in for Rs 24,000/- (incl free shipping)with a free gift of 500 GB EDD. However, yesterday, i visited htstore.in and spoke to mr lokesh about denon 1312xp which is available for Rs 31,000/- with shipping extra. He advised that i should buy a denon 1312xp as it has active sub. so i would request all friends to pl help me in taking a 'informed' decision:)!!

:sad:hi guys,
waiting for your valuable advice to make up my mind!!!

Last edited:
Both have their own pros and cons. They closely match. Audition and then decide.

Reg. onkyo set, be careful when you buy online. It must be an authorised seller or you may risk warranty. Check this

Thanx santy, actually i am in armed force and presently posted to quite a remote corner. Hence, auditioning is not a choice!! which one would you recommend ?? with pro's and con's!!

( EXPERTS PLS CONFIRM)

Denon has active sub ,onkyo is having pasive one.also onkyo does NOT have provision to add one
I'll recheck as I am rushing for work

Hi Hemant , could you get time to recheck the specs? waiting for your valuable input!!

I was Reliance Digital the other day and happeend to come across the Onkyo 3400 .
I did audition it for 15-20 minutes. I had no intent on buying it . But what the heck i had time to kill
Reliance had it for 25k
I found it to be pretty decent. since they had the 3300 next to it . i managed to hear both .
well for one the 3400 was way better than the 3300 .
better front satellites. and I found the Sub although passive to be better as well

If I am not mistaken the Onkyo AVR is HT-R390 and it does not have a Sub out/LFE. which means you cannot add a active sub in the future

The Denon 1312xp. uses the 1312 AVR has a sub out. and thats why they have given a Active sub.

I did find the onkyo's passive sub to be pretty decent and did a credible job
and uses the AVR amp to power them .

I have not heard the 1312xp so no comments

I would request any of our friends who can audition denon 1312xp at htstore.in in bangalore and settle this issue once for all. The contact person is Mr Lokesh n da no.s are 91-9845545429,080-26850866, [email protected].

Onkyo s3400 has had decent reviews by guys who have auditioned it!! lets see( i mean hear!!) the other side for fair comparison.

Looking at the price difference (30% less), I would go for Onkyo.

If you wish to upgrade in future you could plan for components in this way:
Start with replacing front speakers, then centre, and surrounds.
Then get a better receiver and finally sell the Onkyo package to buy a powered sub.

Hi,

I am interested in buying a HTib and budget approx Rs 30,000/-. I has almost made up my mind to buy onkyo s-3400 which is available on ebay.in for Rs 24,000/- (incl free shipping)with a free gift of 500 GB EDD. However, yesterday, i visited htstore.in and spoke to mr lokesh about denon 1312xp which is available for Rs 31,000/- with shipping extra. He advised that i should buy a denon 1312xp as it has active sub. so i would request all friends to pl help me in taking a 'informed' decision:)!!
Hi, I own Denon 1311 XP HTIB which is predesessor of 1312XP. The major difference i would tell you is, 1312XP has on screen display of the settings which 1311 lacs. But in terms of audio quality and performance, its definitely a good package at its price. Lots of flexibility of settings to suit your taste as well as room. Active woofer is another +. Watching movie or listening to music, equally fun.

Hi Thanx for ur recommendation. how much did you pay for the same n did you buy it from htstore.in from bangalore??. just wondering , howz is the servicing support of denon? as compared to other brands like onkyo.

Hi,

go for denon 1312XP for sure!!! active sub will make a difference.

Hi,

I have a Onkyo S3400 and they really sound fantastic.The biggest adv of Denon is the active sub but the Onkyo has Audessey,has support for DTS MA and Dolby True HD.

The DTS MA and Dolby are probably the best feats considering i'm guessing ur going to use Blu rays.

And if youtube,Onkyo S3400 has been rated either #1 or #2,best in class for under $500 budget.:)

Hi Dude,

I m also about to buy an AVR and was kinda confused with Onkyo 3400 and Denon 1312XP....First off, I listened to a Demo and found Denon more impressive. Also, pls be informed that Denon model is expandable to 7.1, has discrete amp (separate circuits for each channel unlike onkyo that has an integrated circuit - pls google more on this to know y this is important:))and also an active sub woofer (Onkyo has passive SW, which means expanding your AVR in future with superior SW becomes difficult)..My dealer quotes 30K for Denon! Cheers....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back