ONKYO TX-NR609 for Rs. 33109 with ONKYO UWF-1 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER Free

jimmzbond

hi,
I have earlier bought stuff from ebay GEB (wherein they charge one price which is inclusive of shipping and custom duties) and ship to your Indian address from USA.

There is an interesting deal on Onkyo 609 -
ONKYO TX-NR609 HOME THEATER RCVR, 7.2-CH 3D, INTERNET (Rs. 33109)

ONKYO TX-NR609 HOME THEATER RCVR, 7.2-CH 3D, INTERNET
BRAND NEW/ ONKYO UWF-1 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER INCLUDED

Rs. 33109 all inclusive

Is this a good deal considering same product costs Rs. 48K In India?

The only problem is it works on 110V and without warrenty.
pls advise.

Thanks for the link, but I cudnt find it mentioned anywhere that the price includes custom duties. It does say that insurance and delivery is included. I suspect that once the shipment arrives you might get called up by customs to pay the applicable duty.

I might be wrong, but pls check before you place your order.

Cheers

Last edited:
I have bought stuff from GEB earlier and never paid anything extra as custom duties.
You can check this link -
Learn about buying on Global EasyBuy

It takes 21-30 days for item to get delivered. Even if for some reason transaction doesn't get through, refund gets easily processed on ebay.

There are sites like 20north and shopyourworld, who sometimes charge more for shipping as their costs include only 5KG shipping, anything more is payable.

I suggest that you wait for few days, ebay regularly has some offers during festival seasons- diwali, holi, rakhi etc. They had offer which was till 2 sept - ganesh chaturthi offer - http://shopping.ebay.in/ganeshfestival/ (this is expired offer), so don't use the voucher code.

You could have got 1TB HDD free on this purchase ( about Rs. 4500) - best deal one can have !!!
I have used many such offers - and got HDDs, pendrives, etc. free with my purchases.

Last edited:
I ordered TX NR-609 from ShopYourWorld. The product was picked from Amazon USA store. I paid Rs. 30,720 (inclusive of Rs. 6,720 customs). Today they called me and asked me to pay for the extra dead-weight Rs. 2,565 (total weight 14KGs so an extra of 9KGs). When I bought the AVR SYW rewarded me what they call SYW Rupees. As my order was above 30K I got a total of 500 reward points which I used to offset my dead-weight payment of 2,565 and ended up paying only Rs. 2,065.

So a total of INR 32,785 spent for this AVR. I always like to buy from Amazon as I have always had a good shopping experience with them. ShopYourWorld bridges the divide of importing products that Amazon doesn't directly ship to India like this AVR.

I've no experience of shopping on eBay.

I've also ordered a 1000W Auto Step Down transformer from Shah Electronics, Chennai as per many suggestions on this forum.

My AVR is expected to reach sometime late next week. Would update with further details once I can lay my hands on it.

I ordered TX NR-609 from ShopYourWorld. The product was picked from Amazon USA store. I paid Rs. 30,720 (inclusive of Rs. 6,720 customs). Today they called me and asked me to pay for the extra dead-weight Rs. 2,565 (total weight 14KGs so an extra of 9KGs). When I bought the AVR SYW rewarded me what they call SYW Rupees. As my order was above 30K I got a total of 500 reward points which I used to offset my dead-weight payment of 2,565 and ended up paying only Rs. 2,065.

So a total of INR 32,785 spent for this AVR. I always like to buy from Amazon as I have always had a good shopping experience with them. ShopYourWorld bridges the divide of importing products that Amazon doesn't directly ship to India like this AVR.

I've no experience of shopping on eBay.

I've also ordered a 1000W Auto Step Down transformer from Shah Electronics, Chennai as per many suggestions on this forum.

My AVR is expected to reach sometime late next week. Would update with further details once I can lay my hands on it.

Having done shopping on SYW, 20north and ebay, my experience has been good with them.
SYW total price lists - 5KG of weight to be shipped - so you need to be aware what is weight from amazon website. (and they can charge big for extra weight) - when they call up.

ebay GEB - little expensive than GEB, but no hassle of customer care guy calling for more money.

I have bought watches on 20north and other small things, so not sure how they charge extra for shipping HTIB and speaker systems.

btw, congrats on the new buy - I am constrained on budget, so will buy a HTS3400 from a retail shop in India. :)

I too was constrained by budget. I've waited a good long one whole year to get my hands dirty... I believe it was well worth the wait...

Having done shopping on SYW, 20north and ebay, my experience has been good with them.
SYW total price lists - 5KG of weight to be shipped - so you need to be aware what is weight from amazon website. (and they can charge big for extra weight) - when they call up.

ebay GEB - little expensive than GEB, but no hassle of customer care guy calling for more money.

I have bought watches on 20north and other small things, so not sure how they charge extra for shipping HTIB and speaker systems.

btw, congrats on the new buy - I am constrained on budget, so will buy a HTS3400 from a retail shop in India. :)

I ordered one from GEB on Friday. Also purchased the HT870 7.1 speaker set from Onkyo using GEB. Waiting for any status updates.

I have purchased earlier using GEB (computers components) and got products delivered always... though late which is usual as they have to ship from US.

was just browsing the internet fro prices and found Onkyo TX-NR609 @ INR 30976/- customs and taxes included on shopyourworld. that is the cheapest i have seen and very tempting.

only thing is the added 240-110 v transformer/converter which will pull out another INR 5-6 k (for a 1Kva). still INR 37k is a damn good price.

I would not recommend buying from shopyourworld. Have very bad experience from them.

I had originally purchased the TX-NR609 from them.. but after 8 days, they called me and said that the shipment is overweight and it will cost 4k extra to ship it. The listing price was somewhere around 31k (fixed landing price).
#1 They took 8 days to figure it out?
#2 They had not ordered till that time and wanted to know my confirmation so that they can proceed with the order.
#3 I got it cancelled and they said it will take 12-15 days (outrageous) for the amount to get refunded on my credit card.

I went ahead and ordered it from GEB on ebay.

I know other people too who have been called by shopyourworld for more shipping charges. Also they take a lot of time to ship the products to you.

was just browsing the internet fro prices and found Onkyo TX-NR609 @ INR 30976/- customs and taxes included on shopyourworld. that is the cheapest i have seen and very tempting.

only thing is the added 240-110 v transformer/converter which will pull out another INR 5-6 k (for a 1Kva). still INR 37k is a damn good price.

Please be aware that SYW shows shipping for only 5KGs of load (check terms and conditions) wheras this receiver may e weighting 15-20 KGS. They will call you and ask for extra charges - so price will reach more than Rs. 33K easily.

You can buy 1KVA transformer from ebay india - Rs. 4640 (inclusive shipping)
Voltage Converter 1000 Watt 220V to 110V - 1000Watt | eBay

or 2KVA - for about 7K - voltage converter 220volts to 110 volt 2000watt 2000w | eBay

I just missed on HTS-5400 for Rs. 33K (all inclusive) alongwith 1TB HDD on GEB ebay - :( ...was double minded on warrenty stuff - the same product costs Rs. 52K in india.... :rolleyes:

Hi,

Try amazon.de to order Onkyo NR609. The total cost will be around
37k (+-1K for exchange rate fluctuation) including shipping, import fees, and will be delivered between 2-12 days by DHL to India. No additional fees will be charged. Best part : it's 220V. The displayed price includes VAT. But when you checkout, the vat amount is deducted as the shipping address is India (or any other country than Germany). Around Euro 75 is dedecuted from the price shown. Checkout for yourself.

Amazon.de: Onkyo nr609

Cheers...

use google toolbar to translate from German to English

Last edited:
I would not recommend buying from shopyourworld. Have very bad experience from them.

I had originally purchased the TX-NR609 from them.. but after 8 days, they called me and said that the shipment is overweight and it will cost 4k extra to ship it. The listing price was somewhere around 31k (fixed landing price).
#1 They took 8 days to figure it out?
#2 They had not ordered till that time and wanted to know my confirmation so that they can proceed with the order.
#3 I got it cancelled and they said it will take 12-15 days (outrageous) for the amount to get refunded on my credit card.

I went ahead and ordered it from GEB on ebay.

I know other people too who have been called by shopyourworld for more shipping charges. Also they take a lot of time to ship the products to you.

I think you didn't read thru the lines :) missed fine print... but my experience hasn't been bad. Actually you can save on SYW because you buy from Amazon (which has lot better offers than ebay).
I had bought a DJ console which was big.

When shopping on SYW, there are 2 weights mentioned - For eg. for Onkyo TX-SR605 -
Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 17.1 x 6.9 inches ; 40 pounds
Shipping Weight: 67 pounds

Freight companies have a metrics which not only charges based on weight but also factor physical dimensions, so they will charge for 67 pounds and not 40 pounds. ( :) on funny side, you can't ask them to ship 1 KG of cotton which may take 10 KGs equivalent of space in aircraft).

I had good experiences with SYW, Ebay GEB and 20north (they show all price inclusive of shipping - never charge extra-but is expensive).

Generally product landing costs is highest in 20north followed y Ebay GEB and lowest in SYW.

Hi,

Try amazon.de to order Onkyo NR609. The total cost will be around
37k (+-1K for exchange rate fluctuation) including shipping, import fees, and will be delivered between 2-12 days by DHL to India. No additional fees will be charged. Best part : it's 220V. The displayed price includes VAT. But when you checkout, the vat amount is deducted as the shipping address is India (or any other country than Germany). Around Euro 75 is dedecuted from the price shown. Checkout for yourself.

Amazon.de: Onkyo nr609

Cheers...

use google toolbar to translate from German to English

Seems to be little cumbersome, but will browse for sure ...thanks

I think you didn't read thru the lines :) missed fine print... but my experience hasn't been bad. Actually you can save on SYW because you buy from Amazon (which has lot better offers than ebay).
I had bought a DJ console which was big.

When shopping on SYW, there are 2 weights mentioned - For eg. for Onkyo TX-SR605 -
Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 17.1 x 6.9 inches ; 40 pounds
Shipping Weight: 67 pounds

Freight companies have a metrics which not only charges based on weight but also factor physical dimensions, so they will charge for 67 pounds and not 40 pounds. ( :) on funny side, you can't ask them to ship 1 KG of cotton which may take 10 KGs equivalent of space in aircraft).

I had good experiences with SYW, Ebay GEB and 20north (they show all price inclusive of shipping - never charge extra-but is expensive).

Generally product landing costs is highest in 20north followed y Ebay GEB and lowest in SYW.

The total cost from SYW was coming up more compared on GEB.. thats the reason I ask them to cancel it. I ordered the TX-NR609 on GEB last Saturday and the status already shows in Mumbai customs. A lot fast compared to SYW.

I ordered a Samsung D6900 from amazon uk using SYW on 30th last month and the shipping status is shows that it is still there in UK.

Shipping time is important for me and I dont mind paying an extra 1k-2k if they can deliver it on time. GEB appears to be more reliable to me in shipping and order cancellation refunds. It take 1-2 days for the refunds to be processed.. not 12-15 days of SYW. The credit card company will charge you interest and that might be a good sum of money.

Last edited:
Hi,

Last Friday I was told that the Onkyo TX-NR609 was on offer at AED 1799 (US$490) in Abu Dhabi / Dubai. This is AED 1000 less than when I got it a few months ago. I dont know how long this price is valid.

Thomas

Received my Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver in 9 days from GEB ebay.in (cost approx 33.2K)

Still waiting on the order from Shopyourworld.com. Already 20 days of the order and SYW people have no idea what is happening on it. Just got it cancelled today (now need to wait 15 days for them to refund). I guess I will buy a BD player or a Media player from ebay.in or in Bangalore itself. Placed 4 orders with them and eventually one by one all got cancelled. Complete waste of time.

I would never ever recommend using Shopyourworld.com to anyone.

I wish I had cancelled the order with SYW. Its been 18days since I placed order with SYW and today they confirmed that I would receive the order by 30th Sept. This totally sucks!

NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SHOP YOUR WORLD!!

Hi,

I am also currently deciding where to buy exactly this receiver. In you case, I would suggest buying straight from amazon. There are 2 options here ...
1) amazon.com -> cost including shipping comes <32k (110V product)
+ transformer cost
2) amazon.de -> cost including shipping comes <36k (220V product)

I think both these alternatives, imho, better that ebay/shopyourworld.

My general question is will average life 110V Onkyo 609 be more than that of 240V here?
I asked just because heat generated by 110V AVR may be less than 240V by logic.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back