ONKYO TX-NR609 for Rs. 33109 with ONKYO UWF-1 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER Free

even m interested in purchasing this product... i have seen 110v things going dead even using transformer.

Use amazon.de (using google translator) to buy 220 V items. They obviously charge
customs duty and shipping . Still the entire cost come to only 32500 Rs. (Onkyo TX Nr609
I have got one through this route.
Here is the breakup.

Zwischensumme: EUR 335,29
Verpackung & Versand: EUR 40,00
-----
Gesamtsumme ohne MwSt.: EUR 375,29
Umsatzsteuer: EUR 0,00
-----
Summe: EUR 375,29
Vorauszahlung der Importgebhr: EUR 98,26
-----
Gesamtsumme fr diese Lieferung: EUR 473,55

Calculating with 70 Rs as exchange rate also ..(considering the credit card charges) it is a good deal !!

Slightly OT...

Considering the fact that more and more people are taking their chances and opting for buying these things online from other countries...do you think we might see local dealers driving the prices southwards to counter this???

I sure wish they do...I wouldn't mind paying 2-3K extra for stuff bought from an auth dealer with proper A.S.S but if I have to pay 15K more, I might start thinking...

Last edited:
Good point...but you need numbers to make the case.

I spent 45K with Onkyo/Modern Radio for the NR 609, and another $29 for the wireless adapter from Amazon.com. If the shipment is good and customs is included, then thats a better option anyday.

Slightly OT...

Considering the fact that more and more people are taking their chances and opting for buying these things online from other countries...do you think we might see local dealers driving the prices southwards to counter this???

I sure with they do...I wouldn't mind paying 2-3K extra for stuff bought from an auth dealer with proper A.S.S but if I have to pay 15K more, I might start thinking...

Hi,

I am also currently deciding where to buy exactly this receiver. In you case, I would suggest buying straight from amazon. There are 2 options here ...
1) amazon.com -> cost including shipping comes <32k (110V product)
+ transformer cost
2) amazon.de -> cost including shipping comes <36k (220V product)

I think both these alternatives, imho, better that ebay/shopyourworld.

How do you buy it from amazon.com and get it shipped to India ?
I don't see this product being shipped outside of US.
You can get it from amazon.de however.

it is available for shipping to india. if u start the process of checking out after adding it to your shopping cart and specify an indian address for delivery, u will get thext window displaying the shipping charges and customs duty. but tsame product is available with the german amazhis will happen only if u buy it from the amazon store. usually amazon shows u the lowest price at which the product is available and it may not be from the amazon store itself but from any associated store in which case it wont be shipped outside the usa. but u can see in a side window if it is avaiable with amazon and if so the price, it only differs fromthe lowest price by 10-20 bucks most of the time. so once u select it from amazon store u can order it shipped to india.
but i cant see why anyone would want to oder from amazon usa, when the same is available with amazon.de in 220volt version at same price.
all u have to do is use chrome browser to search the site and u will get it translated to english. what i would advise is to check the site as many times as possible daily for a couple of days as there is quite a change in prices , if u do it for a week u will get a pretty good idea of the lowest possible price and u can order it. dont be fooled by the price displayed as it includes vat which will be deducted from the price when u opt for shipping to india. here again it is available for delivery to india only when u buy it from amazon store. i have found that u can always get it for the same price as the 110v version which in effect would mean cheaper than it as this is a 230v model. but u have to wait patiently for that moment.

@ giddavr and new forum members,

Before purchasing from amazon.com or .de please kindly check your local dealers. In India the 609 price will come around 40k(+or_5K) but still you can nego with them with all support and service from them. As my experience in buying online of product with this voltage issue we can go with the local dealers. The important things which you can buy from those sites is the Hi-end Speakers in which we have real price diff of around 20 to 30k diff. And other thing is that acoustics which can play important characteristics in a media room.

This is my view comments for the above is welcome

Re: ONKYO TX-NR609 with ONKYO UWF-1 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER from Amazon.de

Hi,

Ordered one yesterday, details are as follows:

Onkyo TX-NR7609 + WiFi adapter:Euro.372.89
Packing and Shipping to India 40.00
Advance Payment for Import Tax(duty) 101.49

Total 514.38

Paid by credit card but amount not yet debited but using Credit Card rate for Euro vs INR, I think, Rs.33,338.00 ( using credit card rate, Euro=INR +3%)

Shipment expected to be delivered in Chennai between Jan.17 and 26th.

Will post later.

Rgds,
mpm

Nice moh,

Did you bought it from Amazon .de

Me too planning to buy by 15th or 16th wat speakers you have paired it with or planning to.

Last edited:
Re: ONKYO TX-NR609 with ONKYO UWF-1 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER from Amazon.de

The correct amount debited to my CC is: Rs.35764.13.

Rgds,
MPM

Hi,

Ordered one yesterday, details are as follows:

Onkyo TX-NR7609 + WiFi adapter:Euro.372.89
Packing and Shipping to India 40.00
Advance Payment for Import Tax(duty) 101.49

Total 514.38

Paid by credit card but amount not yet debited but using Credit Card rate for Euro vs INR, I think, Rs.33,338.00 ( using credit card rate, Euro=INR +3%)

Shipment expected to be delivered in Chennai between Jan.17 and 26th.

Will post later.

Rgds,
mpm

Hi

I went thru the amazon.de site for the Yamaha Rx-571 Yamaha Rx-571model and came across a model for Euro 328.99 but the model number is listed with BI. What does this BI or Ti stands for? Is this a regular model or refurbished one. I have a friend coming down to India in the last week of this month and I am trying to see if he can bring this model for me.
Also any other model that can be suggested to pair with Energy RC-micro 5.0 speakers, I need a receiver with 7.1 and around a budget of 22k INR.

Thanks.

i have a friend in germany. i am planning on denon avr-2312 for close to 670 euros.i am asking him to send it to me by DHL. is this a good idea ?

i have a friend in germany. i am planning on denon avr-2312 for close to 670 euros.i am asking him to send it to me by DHL. is this a good idea ?

sending it through courier service like DHL might turn out to be expensive. Firstly the basic courier charges itself would be quite high considering the weight (16-18 kg) plus if you end up paying customs duty (which you most likely will), it might turn out to be more expensive than its Indian official price.!

still confirm the total charges with DHL before you decide.

cheers

Remember that amazon.de price is all inclusive and it INCLUDES IMPORT DUTY PAID BY THEM IN INDIA, while your price does not!

mpm

I tried to buy onkyo 709 receiver from amazon.de.. When I tried to checkout, i got an error saying that 'the item cannot shipped to the address specified'...

can anyone help me out to find out either onkyo 709 or yamaha 771 model which can be shipped to India from amazon.de??

I tried to buy onkyo 709 receiver from amazon.de.. When I tried to checkout, i got an error saying that 'the item cannot shipped to the address specified'...

can anyone help me out to find out either onkyo 709 or yamaha 771 model which can be shipped to India from amazon.de??

Pls refer to Kittu response. I think you need to look only for the items sold directly by amazon.de rather than vendors selling there stuff thru amazon.de. I think you might have tried to pick the onkyo 709 sold by the vendors. I tried for onkyo 609 directly shipped by amazon.de and it allowed me till the payment page.

Thanks

Hi

I went thru the amazon.de site for the Yamaha Rx-571 Yamaha Rx-571model and came across a model for Euro 328.99 but the model number is listed with BI. What does this BI or Ti stands for? Is this a regular model or refurbished one. I have a friend coming down to India in the last week of this month and I am trying to see if he can bring this model for me.
Also any other model that can be suggested to pair with Energy RC-micro 5.0 speakers, I need a receiver with 7.1 and around a budget of 22k INR.

Thanks.
Ok I figured it out in the google the Bl and not BI as I had inferred earlier refers to the color of the receiver. In my case it is the Black and Ti refers to the Titanium color. So my friend has agreed to bring in the receiver from Germany. Hence I am booking the receiver today to his hotel address. Also today I realized that the difference in carrying and shipping directly to India is around euro 60 as the vat deduction happens for international shipping. So people who want a good deal for a 7.1 receiver pls refer to the above link and the total amount with customs/shipping to India comes to euro 399.

Thanks.

Ok I figured it out in the google the Bl and not BI as I had inferred earlier refers to the color of the receiver. In my case it is the Black and Ti refers to the Titanium color. So my friend has agreed to bring in the receiver from Germany. Hence I am booking the receiver today to his hotel address. Also today I realized that the difference in carrying and shipping directly to India is around euro 60 as the vat deduction happens for international shipping. So people who want a good deal for a 7.1 receiver pls refer to the above link and the total amount with customs/shipping to India comes to euro 399.

Thanks.

Hi

Can anybody confirm that the VAT deduction can be availed at the airport if the receiver is being carried outside of Germany. I think I had read somewhere in the forum that we can avail the VAT deduction in the airport. If yes can somebody please explain how this can be done, as I am the one who is using the credit card to book in the name of my friend and how can he avail the deduction in the airport on behalf of me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Can anybody confirm that the VAT deduction can be availed at the airport if the receiver is being carried outside of Germany. I think I had read somewhere in the forum that we can avail the VAT deduction in the airport. If yes can somebody please explain how this can be done, as I am the one who is using the credit card to book in the name of my friend and how can he avail the deduction in the airport on behalf of me.

Thanks in advance.

Ask you friend to collect "tax refund " voucher from the merchant he is buying the receiver. This will clearly mention the amount of VAT. This voucher is not the bill. It will be stamped/signed by the merchant.
At the airport where he is supposed to fly out of Europe, there will be a counter where he will have to present the voucher, orginal bill and also the items for which the refund is sought. They will keep the original bill and the voucher. So ensure that you have photocopy of the bill beforehand (merchants in germany are kind enough to provide a photocopy when you ask for tax refund voucher even without asking!). He will receive cash there itself. Its not same as VAT as there are some handling charges.

PS: I had done this way back in 2007 so this might be old process.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back