ONKYO TX-NR609 for Rs. 33109 with ONKYO UWF-1 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER Free

Ask you friend to collect "tax refund " voucher from the merchant he is buying the receiver. This will clearly mention the amount of VAT. This voucher is not same as the bill.
At the airport where he is supposed to fly out of Europe, there will be a counter where he will have to present the voucher, orginal bill and also the items for which the refund is sought. He will recive cash there itself. Its not same as VAT as there are some handling charges.

PS: I had done this way back in 2007 so this might be old process.

Thanks amol.

But in my case I am booking the receiver using my CC to my friends hotel address. Then this way he may not able to use the invoice in the parcel to claim the VAT refund right?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I lost the deal for yamaha rx-571. The price has come back to euro 417 now. Can you please suggest some other 7.1 receiver in the same price range in amazon.de. How would denon 1912 at euro 389 be compatible with my energy rc-micro 5.0 speakers. I am planning to upgrade the front speakers to FS later in the year and move the energy speakers for the complete 7.1 setup. I googled but it seems that yamaha rx-571 are best suited with energy speakers.

Hope to listen to some good feedback early as I am desperately need to book as my friend will be travelling in last week of this month.

Thanks

Hi

I am booking the Denon 1912 receiver from amazon.de site for euro 389 which my friend has agreed to bring it to India next week. Is this a good deal? I was looking for a 7.1 receiver for my Energy RC-Micro speakers. Please give your valuable opinions..

Thanks

its a very good deal. 389 is almost 26K INR considering @ 66. Plus power input is compatible with Indian standards.

Its not retailing for less than 38k anywhere that i have checked, with bill and warranty of course, which you won't get in case of amazon.de.!

cheers

Hi Nindo

Thanks for the information.

Also as I had actually decided to buy yamaha rx-v571 for euro 329 the sale had finished at this price last week. But today again there is some stock left at the same price. So planning to book the yamaha instead of denon. Howz the deal for yamaha, its seems to be good for me.

Thanks.

I would suggest you go for Denon 1912. I have auditioned it once with KEF speakers, it was good. Plus most online experts have rated the 1912 better.

any particular reason you want to buy the Yamaha? Though Yamaha has analogue to HDMI video upscaling upt0 1080p and Denon doesn't.!

Hi nindo

There is no particular reason for going on with yamaha over denon as there is only a diff of euro 60. In fact one of my friends in US suggested that the yamaha model will pair good with my Energy RC-Micro 5.0 speakers that I have purchased last month and they should be coming to me in Feb/March thru my friend who is bringing it to India. The power handling of yamaha and energy rc-micro is almost the same yamaha being 105w per channel and the energy being 100w max per channel.

Do you think this matters as the denon is rated at 125w per channel max.

Thanks.

energy micro can handle anywhere from 20 to 100 w rms on continuous supply. hence it hardly matters whether you pump it with 20 w or 100 w it will still sound as its supposed to sound.

further, the output ratings given by most AVR manufacturers in over rated. if it says 100 w rms it will most probably give out 50-75 w all channels driven simultaneously with 8 ohm speakers.! so it finally comes down to what combination sounds good to you in real. (denon AVR is rated at 125 w per channel @ 6 ohms on their UK website)

as you have no option to audition this combination and are going by others (your friends, mine, online experts etc) words, the choice is left to you. yamaha has upscaling, denon doesn't. denon has received good reviews and cnet.com has rated it best buy for 2011, no idea about awards won by the yamaha.

all the best.

Update:

Was received on Jan.17 as forecasted by amazon.de, in good condition. Firmware as received- 1071-0900-0010-6103. Strongly advise not to attempt firmware update directly with the WiFi dongle- it could take up to 4-5 HOURS !! Download the latest firmware to your computer and unzip it DIRECTLY TO USB flash memory. It does not work if you unzip and copy to USB. There are 3 files.

1. Better to connect the Receiver to an UPS. If power fails during update, it might hose up the receiver, which needs a 'factory reset '.

2. IMPORTANT: Turn off HDMI RI !! Turn off Zone 2.

3. Switch off the Receiver.

4. Plug in the USB flash memory. Turn on the receiver.

5. Then follow the instructions on the display.

6. Takes about 45 minutes to update.

7. Latest Firmware Update: 1121-1300-0010-6104.

Setting up the WiFi dongle UWF-1 is slightly tricky, if you use MAC filter like I do.

If anyone has problems, post query.

Speaker set-up.

Bose Acoustimass 10, Series IV, speakers. Sounds great. Only, it does not let you connect the sub-woofer to Onkyo, since Bose uses its own cross-over.

Have not used Audyssey calibration yet, since the speakers have not been mounted.

MPM

Hi all,

I bought new Onkyo hts 5400 from USA. I used 110V converter with 1.5 KVA capacity. It was working fine. But now I am facing problem. My receiver is not powered on properly. I contacted Onkyo service center. They are telling, buying from USA create problems even you have a 110v converter. They are not providing service support also.

If any one faced this same issue, please provide your suggestion.

deal all
i am getting a quote of 45k for NR-609 in Delhi from AV Vision. anyone has got a better offer if at all i want to buy from india. amazon.de doesnot have this in stock and i need only 220v version.
thanks

Back