ONKYO TX-SR707 or Denon 2310

pungan

Onkyo India told me that 706 has been discontinued. I waited 2 months for new stock but got this news. :sad:
So now again, I have to look for another AVR now.707 is upgrade to 706 and also reading through lot of forums and watching this forum, denon 2310 looks an good option. I have soft corner towards Onkyo as they are all rounder.

Please suggest your recommendations.

Onk 707 lacks 7.1ana input which can be helpful.

Thanks for reply,

Yes, that was one of my requirement cause currently I have x-fi titanium but planning to buy the either Asus hdav 1.3 or Auzentech Hometheater HD, will come to know within few days from computer shop guy , once I get one of them then I think should not be issue as i will feed HDMI out from soundcard to reciever HDMI in. (Analog out from sound card to my Tritton ax51 pro 5.1 gaming headset).

What about the performance difference, my usage is 60% HD movies and 40% music (specially vocal trance, R&B, pop).

Thanks for reply,

What about the performance difference, my usage is 60% HD movies and 40% music (specially vocal trance, R&B, pop).

This year Denon AVR are appriciated than Onk,If only mov are concerned ,then Onk OR Denon 1910/2310 are better.Den1910 dont have GUI.

Finally, I have ordered Denon AVR-2310.:) After listening to 2310 blown away with its performance !!! :licklips: It will arrive in First week of November.

Thank you all who have helped me and provided valuable inputs.:clapping:

Finally, I have ordered Denon AVR-2310.:) After listening to 2310 blown away with its performance !!! :licklips: It will arrive in First week of November.

Thank you all who have helped me and provided valuable inputs.:clapping:

Could you please let us know the price of Denon 2310? Also, which speakers you have paired with it and price details? Thanks in advance.

Onkyo TX-SR707 Vs. Denon AVR-2310

THX certified : Yes / No
HDMI Inputs: 6 / 5
Sound Quality: 8/10 / 9/10
Remote Control: 9/10 / 5/10
7.1ch analog input: No / Yes
.2 SW out: Yes / No
Price: 60,000 / 62,000
Winner: Denon by hair margin.

I am currently looking at Onkyo TX-SR707. I like the receiver but I am sick of price variation between various dealers. I've been quoted a price of 55k at one end to 70k at the other end. Is there any "correct" price for these in India? I don't mind paying bit more for a good thing but I'd hate to know that I was overcharged.

I agree with you and it is very irritating to see some local dealers quoting their price as per their wish, Try to get a good bargain from the Onkyo dealers and tell them outside India in most of the places is almost half the price.

I am lucky to find someone to bring SR 608 for me from US, So good luck with your search.
:D

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back