Online purchases

gap g j

Hi Everybody

On 20North.com, I found energy take classic 5.O for 15K incluseive of shipping

Has any body purchased from 20north, are they reliable, they are asking credit card no. for payment and there is no netbanking payment facility.

Thanks
Gap G J

Have you auditoned the speakers dude?It might be worth demoing speakers you want to buy as they might not be what you are after if you havent heard them .I have wanted to buy some speakers based on reviews but when I listened to them they didnt suit me personally,so I tend to listen to them first before I go down th ebuying route.

Check carefully because I think they ship from the U.S. which means voltage will be an issue for electronic items. Not much available on the net about them especially in terms of reviews. I'm thinking of ordering some CDs to check out their service, will keep you posted.

Just had a chat with their support... They ship all their products from US and it takes 15-20 for air shipping and 45-60 for ocean shipping . And the chat agent i spoke to mentioned that most products come under US voltage specifications. But considering the shipping charges+duty+ authenticity of the shipped item i guess paying a few extra 1000's here is a safe bet .

Just my opinion

Cheers

Last edited:
All Oppo's are good and better than anything else. The Toshiba is something I got for a friend at 7K and at that price its a very good DVDP. Upscaling on it is very good. At 5K it will be a very good choice for the budget conscious who are having HD Ready LCD/Plasmas. It does very good upscaling for 720P but pretty good with 1080P. Really good player to have to upscale SD DVDs to 720P, its PQ is very good at 720P upscaling. For my friend we got a PV8 so for him its a very good player. I've not seen Pioneer 610 so cannot compare it with the Toshiba.

How about this? Oppo 980 for 11k odd Shop in the US from India @ 20North - OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio : Electronics . Looks like a great site for stuff which is super cheap in the US.

Yes it is, but this site is having stuff not available locally to many and at the prices indicated on the site, I'm sure a very attractive proposition to many.

Just has a chat with their support... They ship all their products from US and it takes 15-20 for air shipping and 45-60 for ocean shipping . And the chat agent i spoke to mentioned that most products come under US voltage specifications. But considering the shipping charges+duty+ authenticity of the shipped item i guess paying a few extra 1000's here is a safe bet .

Just my opinion

Cheers

My live chat @ 20north.com

Call accepted by operator Suraj. Currently in room: Suraj.
Suraj:
Hello, Thank you for reaching out to 20North Live Help!
How can I help you?
reju:
is it possible to ship to us address?
Suraj:
you would like a delivery in the USA?
reju:
yes, i can save on customs as my friend can carry...
Suraj:
Currently we deliver all over India.
Suraj:
If you need the delivery in the USA, we can work out a way
Suraj:
What we can do is revert back your duty after you make a purchase
reju:
right, base price will remain same + shipping charges will be ahoc?
reju:
oh duty cannot be avoided during check out?
Suraj:
thats right
reju:
what about shipping costs within US?
Suraj:
Since we are considering this as a special case, we currently do not have systems to avoid duty during check out
Suraj:
Regarding the shipping costs, we will let you know how much we will charge you
Suraj:
once we have information about what product you are looking to purchase, we will tell you how much shipping costs will be reverted
reju:
ok shipping by air to india means by airmail? or courier?
Suraj:
It is shipped by air cargo
reju:
yeah registered cargo? are you sure duty is exact? and no further charge?
Suraj:
that is correct, duty is calculated exactly and you will not pay anything extra
reju:
i am curious because it all depends on the custom office who evaluates the item, isn't it?
Suraj:
Thats right, each category of products have particular duties applicable to them and we have a comprehensive database of duties for each product
Suraj:
Our database is updated whenever there is a notification for change from the customs department.
reju:
ok thanks suraj, happy selling!

there's tons of superb value on this site. I missed a conference call with a client, in my excited journey through the site. Damn you guys!

Hello All
I am Adil from 20North. Its very encouraging to see the response to our website. We have been working very hard from the past one year to bring International Shopping to India and are extremely satisfied with the response we have received so far. I would like to clear a few doubts here

a) We have tied up with some of the biggest merchants in USA and prices are completely controlled by them. There are many goods that would be very cheap and quite a few that are more expensive compared to Indian prices.

b) Air Shipping takes 15-20 days and Ocean shipping takes about 40 days. We have introduced free shipping on many of our products for a limited time.

c) For most of the electronics you would have to buy a step down voltage converter (220V to 110V). However the big brands do support 220V in all their products.

d) Payment is extremely secure on our website as we do not collect any card information. While in the process of checkout you will be taken to an extremely secure mastercard payment gateway. We have tied up with Axis bank for our gateway and they consider us to be valuable and secure enough to promote our site in the link below

Axis Bank | Online Shopping - Shopping Stores

Happy International Shopping!

Hello 20North

What happens if a product turns defective and needs warranty service? Will you ship it back to US service center for no charge or lesser price than say DHL or FedEx?

TIA

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back