OPINION REGARDING TODAY'S 3D TECHNOLOGY?

OPINION REGARDING TODAY'S 3D TECHNOLOGY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

annapl

i have 3d projector and also i watched few movies in theater and i think today's 3d technology is not exciting
recently i watched a movie both in 3d and 2d
and it was so immersive and colorful to watch in 2d than 3d

Guys Give your votes!
and tell me what u all think :cool:;)

My vote is 2D is the best. Sofar i have watched 3 movies in 3D in theaters. Star Wars, Exodus and Life of Pi. ALl three left me dizzy. Also the worst of the 3 above was exodus. Will watch if no glasses required. til then nope.

Earlier I had Sony 46HX7500 3D LED TV and Now have Sony 55x9000e 4K HDR 2D LED TV. Have watched lots of 3D movies in theatre and home. I have atleast 20 3D Blu-ray movies at home.
Now 3D....
Sony 46HX7500...
  1. Get the real depth to the images which brings close to the reality.
  2. Enhance the illusion of images
  3. Some objects pop out on screen.
  4. Flying objects make a remarkable presentation.
  5. Little blurred images compare to 4K in terms of colour, brightness and motion handling.
  6. Feeling of motion sickness or dizziness
  7. Carrying glasses for two hrs is uncomfortable and distracting.
  8. Needs to adjust the glasses frequently.
Overall..... Little thrilling buy tiring experience.

Now 2D in 4K....
  1. Absolutely fantastic picture quality with peak brightness and vivid colours.
  2. Images pop up with limited depth but can feel the depth in image.
  3. Remarkable improvement in overall picture quality compare to earlier technology.
  4. Due to zero distracting of glasses, can enjoy surround sound to the fullest.
  5. Expensive TV units
  6. Limited software availability.
  7. Expensive blu ray movie
  8. High speed internet...

Overall... Enjoyable and relaxing experience....

My vote to 4K HDR 2D.

for 3d ,u may need to watch the films which is shot in 3d or with good conversion 3d (mostly try avoid converted ones).This will give u a real 3d experience .I have few 3d collections and love to watch it. But most of time I prefer 2d bcoz of my kids.

Except for imax, 3D be better watched at home. I’m a fan of 3D and has quite a collection of discs. I too have pathetic experiences in theatres especially in single screens due the use of poor quality passive glasses as we as poor-lit projections. And to avoid fatigue, either use passive 3D equipment/ reduce the 3D depth to least in case of active 3D setup. My experience is with both passive (Sony tv) and active 3D (Sony tv & Epson projector). It is disheartening to see 3D disappearing from market. Wish there was a 4K tv with 3D ☺️

Last edited:
3d isn’t for everyone especially active 3d cause it tends to cause headache. My case i love 3d and just for the sake of 3d I haven’t updated my tv cause last year all brands stopped manufacturing 3d tv’s. And also some movies are meant for 3d. Fantasy movies with lot of graphics like avatar etc gives the best 3d experience

Back