Opinions on the LG LD460 and LD650 series

"(1) LG 42LD460: Rs. 52,300 [& Tata Sky set top box free (though you need to pay Rs. 350/- towards installation & regular package charges)]

(2) LG 42LD650: Rs. 66,500/- (with same offer as above)

(3) Samsung 40C530: Rs. 55,000/- [Airtel DTH with 3 months HD subscription free (though you need to pay Rs. 350/- towards installation)]

Somehow when I saw the Samsung 40C530 running (I carried a few .mkv, .vob, .avi on a 4GB pen drive), it appeared quite smooth (could be due to settings), compared to the LG 42LD460 - I felt a bit rough/grainy. On both cases I compared by standing at a distance of about 5-6 ft.

I will be searching this forum to get more idea about 40C530 (Series 5). But what will be a good buy? I am bit lost. Any idea/advise is much appreciated."

Hey just saw this comment. Actually i was looking for decent 42" LCD and finalize LD460 and got final price as 47,500 + tata sky + 50 Movie set. I believe this is a good deal. Also, i am buying from authorized LG Shoppe. So guys anybody looking for this model, just bargain.

^Somebody above mentioned the lack of a D-Sub connect. That's not true. There is a 15-pin VGA (D-Sub) connect on the LD650.
I will check back and post about the RCA outputs.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Today went to check out the models & was quite upset to find that the local dealer doesn't have 42LH60YR. :sad:

I found this (by checking 2 big dealers in the neighborhood):

(1) LG 42LD460: Rs. 52,300 [& Tata Sky set top box free (though you need to pay Rs. 350/- towards installation & regular package charges)]

(2) LG 42LD650: Rs. 66,500/- (with same offer as above)

(3) Samsung 40C530: Rs. 55,000/- [Airtel DTH with 3 months HD subscription free (though you need to pay Rs. 350/- towards installation)]

Somehow when I saw the Samsung 40C530 running (I carried a few .mkv, .vob, .avi on a 4GB pen drive), it appeared quite smooth (could be due to settings), compared to the LG 42LD460 - I felt a bit rough/grainy. On both cases I compared by standing at a distance of about 5-6 ft.

I will be searching this forum to get more idea about 40C530 (Series 5). But what will be a good buy? I am bit lost. Any idea/advise is much appreciated.

:lol:Sorry about that. I meant "Blu-Ray-Players" :)

On that note, I also got an offer for the following:
LG 47LD460 + LG BD550 DVD Player: Rs. 75,100.
Is that worth the price? (little too stretched for my original budget of about 50-60K)

Experts - please guide me.

Thanks & regards

Last edit:
I checked with another dealer (over phone) & he quoted Rs. 57,500/ for LG 42LH60YR. I plan to check it out tomorrow.

Hey just saw this comment. Actually I was looking for decent 42" LCD and finalize LD460 and got final price as 47,500 + tata sky + 50 Movie set. I believe this is a good deal. Also, i am buying from authorized LG Shoppe. So guys anybody looking for this model, just bargain.

Also, confirmed that 42LH60Y is discontinued as it has issues with speakers. The LG guy strongly recommended me not to buy model 42LH60Y.

Man....you got a great deal. Go for it. Somehow...in Kolkata, prices are at least couple of thousands more. I checked this prices across 2-3 reputed dealers & they all quoted the same price. Adding to the fact that I am pathetic at bargaining...I also wanted to close the deal over the weekend (as weekdays simply doesn't give me enough time to visit the shops).

Regarding 42LH60YR: Well, I found it at another dealer. But I somehow wasn't happy with the PQ & also USB performance was way below per (it only detected avi & skipped .vob, .mkv, .mov, .mp4)

Hey I forgot to add, I checked CROMA as well. Initially they quote me 55000/- of 42' LD460 and when i told them that i am getting it of 47500, they told me that LG shoppe must be selling LCD at some "MSP". So CROMA again quoted me 51000/- for same model. If CROMA store is available there, u can give a try.

i got the same quote from chroma pune. but were not willing to reduce prices instead they said they will give DVD player when told about big bazaar offer which was much better.

just bought the LD460. Haggled a lot and got it down to 49K along with reebok kit which LG is giving . happy with the performance so far with tata sky. thought about buying the LD460 just because of 200 MHZ refresh rate since i do not intend to use all that wireless stuff whihc comes with it. But paying 13K extra just for refresh rate was too much. Did not notice any difference in picture on sports channel between LD460 and LD650. Only difference was on very fast scrolling letters ( like CNBC )they were a little clearer on 650. So finally decided on LG LD460 since it was cheaper and it fit all my requiremnts.

LG is ready to bear major share of additional cost of a higher model.

LD 650 replacement or L@ 5500/7500 or consumer court?

LD 650 - Replace twice, third is also defective
===========================

I bought 42'LD650...

As it panel had color problems it was replaced a month later. However, the next TV also had the panel issues & was replaced 3 weeks later.

Now the third TV has speaker issues as the voice cracks..

What should I do?

Should I seek damages or Seek a replacement with LED model?

Replacement with Upper model LE5500/LE5300 is not a good option as LD650 has superiror picture quality.

Please advice....I love the TV as it has the best colour quality..

Is LD650 or 460 model able to give 5.1ch out from its optical out when we play HD moview from USB drive?
Has anybody tested this?

dropped idea of buying LD460. jerky scenes, eyes start to strain, not impressed:annoyed:

I recently bought 32ld650 I use it as all in one.

I can play movies from pendrive.

I connected it to my DVD and Blueray players (hdmi)

I have TATASKY hd with hdmi connection

I have connected my production suit computer to it (hdmi)

I enjoy 5.1 sound from TATASKY with maranz amp
and bose live 50 woofer and Aquastic Analyzer as front speakers
Mission as centre and rear speakers. (all refurbished)

I am ablve to watch broadband netcafe tvs

youtube videos and what not

The picture clarifyt is excellent and movie experience is fantastic with added sound machines I watch all the movie channels like star zee wb mgm lumiere world movies.

I feel as if sitting in a movie hall. I am doing my bit research in 3d also.

Hi,

Even if you watch movies in giant imax screens your eye can perceive
Salman khan's face only in that human size. And also your eye can
focus only to a particular spot that spot enlarges or shrinks
according to the distance you seat from any projection screen.

in a huge hall of 30x40 even your 47 inches LCD can look like a portable tv
from 40 feet distance. if you seat at 10 feet distance then the image purity due to enlargement will not be that good.

For my 20x12 music room it is more than enough to feel the movie experience
with speakers at the right distance and lg 650's excellent colour purity and
smoothness of the picture.

hifi is not reciting gadgets names or owning it: it is knowing to use it
to our purpose and enjoyment in the way it is designed for

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

the joke I enjoyed last week was India Newzeland cricket match in NEO HD
there was not much crowd in the stadium but for few hundreds. The channel added "cheering sound track" of a huge crowd in 5.1 surround and for every occasion the same track was played. Same whistling and shouting noise, in the almost empty stadium Funny :eek:hyeah:

32" gives u feeling sitting in movie hall , thats good :p
It's all about the distance between you and the screen. I've 47inch tv and If I watch that from 16-17ft I get a feeling that it's regular 21inch tv but when I sit at 5ft distance(which I do usualy for watching HD movies) then Only I get a feeling of sitting in theater.

Finally after month long wait my LG LCD is delivered :clapping:

posting my clicks the way it was delivered

will post my review soon

Btw should i open the box myself or let LG guy come to do the honors

Thanks
img3927g.jpg
img3932b.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after month long wait my LG LCD is delivered :clapping:

posting my clicks the way it was delivered

will post my review soon

Btw should i open the box myself or let LG guy come to do the honors

Thanks
img3927g.jpg
img3932b.jpg

Let LG do the honors and ask to check usage hours with service remote ... :rolleyes:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back