Oppo BDP-83 .... - bluray disc player

I too use a G wireless router, its fine, but you are better off with a N class router higher speed and I believe better security.

The problem happens at certain scenes with high bit rates you could see the setup struggling.

anyplace in Delhi where one can check out the Oppo BD83 ?
Who is the dealer/importer?
What's the price ?
Is the player multi region (for DVDs) and all zone (for Blu Ray) ?

hi, there was a guy in East of Kailash that I spoke to. He quoted 46k for BD83. I just bought one from Bangkok in 30k.

The player plays all zone DVDs and region A blu rays. The online rental library in Delhi www.moviemart.co.in has blu rays for rentals. They claim 85 % of their collection is either region A or ABC.

Hope this helps.

Hi!

I would like to share my experience with using Oppo BD-83 over the network.
I have connected the Oppo with a wireless brigde (Borrowed from Ashish- G band only). The other side I have a NAS-etrayz which has a miniDLNA server running on it.The etrayz is connected to my wireless router Linksys WRT-610 (Dual N band).

I am able to play mkv format without a hitch. Although, I am unable to see .avi files on the network. <AVI files are imp for me as I have a lot of stuff on avi. I do recall someone mentioned that .avi works on the oppo. Has anybody tried the same. Maybe, it works if one uses PC+Tversity etc. maybe...

Full HD movies struggle during scenes with higher bit rate. I presume the G-band wireless bridge is a problem here. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Full HD movies struggle during scenes with higher bit rate. I presume the G-band wireless bridge is a problem here. Any suggestions?

This depends upon the compression used. If MPEG4 is used, a 720P/1080i needs roughly 15-20Mbps. If the compression used is MPEG2/X.264 your will need 20-30Mbps which is the limit of 802.11G. Full 1080P will need even higher bandwidth.

Try 802.11N.

Cheers

Hi,

I have purchased Oppo BDP-83 from USA and have been using it for nearly one year. Unlike people mentioned in the forum that you cannot make Oppo region free like their eariler DVD players

The only choice is to buy some MOD solution from online sites and they work quite well for extra bucks of 100$

This is not really a problem in India because mostly you get locally created DVDs and not many people are willing to spend that much money to buy original blue-ray titles.

I actually rent some pirated blue rays from Local rental store and watch movies of good quality.

Note:
I learnt some internal details of the player and its chipsets because I was left fixing it by myself as I screwed up loader module during firmware upgrade as power went off.

Thanks
Venkat

Note:
I learnt some internal details of the player and its chipsets because I was left fixing it by myself as I screwed up loader module during firmware upgrade as power went off.

OUCH.. I should not forget to keep praying so that power does not go off for the entire duration of firmware upgrade.. I know how it makes you feel :mad:

With any device whenever u perform a firmware upgrade try connecting it through a UPS before doing it and this will save you in the event of a power failure.

Today I found OppoBDP83 @ Lakozy & found that Lakozy started distributing on order.
Dont get exited as price was given as Rs.1.6lakhs :eek:
Reason given was-
Its regionfree,its faster than standard 83(It actually loaded fast though),
Nuforce & oppo working together(Nuforce logo on Rt.side of player seen)

Today I found OppoBDP83 @ Lakozy & found that Lakozy started distributing on order.
Reason given was-

for howmany pieces ? :mad: 5 or 10

Reason given was-

U r wrong, it may be Oppo SE,,, Still the price for SE is hell:mad:..If we directly import from USA with taxes/shipping prices we can buy 2 pieces.. Well done Lakozy, u set an example why we are inclined towards online purchases.:p

By the by what is the fun in loading fast,, u r going to sit for 2 hours to finish the movie, u cannot wait for 1 to 2 minutes for loading!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only single.
They got 2 out of which one HDMI port got damaged & will be sent to abroad for repair.

Fun to hear these:eek:hyeah: looks like second hand is coming to Indian customers after repairing, then it will be priced to 1.8L, since it traveled 2 times to abroad:eek:hyeah:

He said the same that even having Bill,custom will charge again.Not confirm that price will gain.

Fair Tale?

I think no way that customs will charged again, it could be a funny fairy tale.

V.

Zero Import Duty

As far as i know it is for sure that there is no question of charging customs duty again, because when you are exporting the imported cargo back, with a declaration that it will be bought back after repairs, the game is done with zero import duty. :)

V.

Had been using oppo blu ray after modifying it for region free viewing and has been working excellent for the last 4 months.pictures in my setup pic.

I want to play .mkv files in my Panny 42V20D plasma. The mkv files are in my desktop PC. For playing these mkv files I have thought of two options:

1) upgrade the graphics card to one with HDMI and connect to Panny Plasma

2) copy the mkv file in a Pendrive and put in USB of my Oppo BD-83

Out of the above two options the first one will call for my Desktop PC to run with associated fan noise and hence may not be a right idea.

The second option seems to be better because my Oppo is in any way is connected to my TV through HDMI. Only a pendrive is to be put in it's USB. What do you say?

But to copy 10 GB+ mkv file in a pendrive, whether a 16 GB pendrive will be adequate or I have to purchase a 32 GB pendrive.

How I should format my pendrive so that there will not be any file size restriction while copying mkv file?

Require your suggestions.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back