Oppo BDP-83 .... - bluray disc player

Got it working for wav and flac using asset upnp server for transcoding them to lossless pcm and then playing them through the oppo.

Got it working for wav and flac using asset upnp server for transcoding them to lossless pcm and then playing them through the oppo.

WAit! Wait! Wait!! You mean you can now play your FLAC files on computer via wireless into your Oppo?!! Hurrah!! Tell me how!! :clapping:

With an external audiophile quality DAC the Oppo can now truly be an all in one transport!! :eek:hyeah:

Is there an usb-wireless device that can work with CD6003 in pace of a USB HDD or stick? (Edit: I meant a usb wireless adapter that pretends to be a mass storage device)

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi friends ... today I've recd my Oppo BDP-83 and Hard Mod kit from JVB Digitals :yahoo:
Ohhh ... :sad: but I've not recd my LCD TV .... the Sony people told I've to wait for another 10 days ... :indifferent14:
shashi

How much was the Hard Mod kit from jVB digitals?

it has upnp/ dlna so you can play files from network - not sure if it can be controlled by a upnp remote.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1215071

WAit! Wait! Wait!! You mean you can now play your FLAC files on computer via wireless into your Oppo?!! Hurrah!! Tell me how!! :clapping:

With an external audiophile quality DAC the Oppo can now truly be an all in one transport!! :eek:hyeah:

Is there an usb-wireless device that can work with CD6003 in pace of a USB HDD or stick? (Edit: I meant a usb wireless adapter that pretends to be a mass storage device)

Cheers

Last edited:

I currently running two media servers in my Win 7 laptop - Tversity for all video files and Asset for audio files.

There are changes to be made on the TVersity profiles.xml file to recognize the different file formats that are supported by Oppo. This will overcome the 4 GB limit that you will get in the USB mode and there are reports of people running >20GB mkv via this route successfully. I just have trailers of mkv and they work fine and I havent tested it. For those interested I can give the exact changes to be made in Tversity in a separate post.

For flac/wav, Asset in v3 beta allows transcoding on the fly so you can set wav and flac to be transcoded to lossless pcm and send to the oppo.
Currently, I have heard there are limitations in multichannel streaming, but I dont have systems to test. I have been able to test both 16 bit and 24 bit flacs and they work fine.

My knowledge in this is slightly limited by there could be quality issues in this whole method as many of these are emerging technologies.

One could use PS3 media server instead of TVersity. I couldnt get foobar to work so used Asset.

hey - can you check any upnp remote hardware (nokia n95)/ software (foobar plugin)? To browse and play files stored on server, on the player - while remote can be a third device. This is sounding quite exciting.

There are a few. Wont necessarily work in my scenario, the oppo doesnt allow for remote rendering I think but need to check. There are tools like Xbmc which work with iphone or ipod touch. Not sure of nokia n95 or other devices. You could check the forum for the resp. tools to get this info.

Is it possible to buy a region free (blu-ray and dvd) (so modded) oppo bdp 83 in grey market in India? Bangalore, Calcutta, Chennai, any where? At what approx price?

Is it possible to buy a region free (blu-ray and dvd) (so modded) oppo bdp 83 in grey market in India? Bangalore, Calcutta, Chennai, any where? At what approx price?

Not to my knowledge
Sent from my iPod touch using sh!tty Tapatalk

with ebay,you communicate with seller 1st.
I recently won BDrom for $65.Paid for it,seller refunded saying the price was &75 & then saying unable to ship to new Jerrsy.:mad:

Does OPPO BDP-83 upscale the files such as MKV connected through the USB? How would you compare OPPO to a media player such as xtreamer if you do not not consider the internet capabilities of either of them?

Every media file whether through disk or network or USB when sent via the HDMI cable of the oppo bd83 gets upscaled by the abt upscaler chip.

How does it do against xtreamer?

Well if you are serious about downloading and playing movies as in that being the way you see most movies then you should look at a xtreamer kind of device. If you do it occasionally like I do you could do with a laptop or desktop running a media server and sending the files via network to the oppo.

In terms of file support through USB or disk its significantly less than what an xtreamer does. But from a networking perspective(DLNA) you can get most formats working.

Hope this helps.

I want a modkit for region free for blu ray and dvd oppo bdp 83. Where to get it from? Also is http://www.bluraychip.dk/ good?

Also can I get modded oppo region free for blu ray and dvd?

Please give me options and tell which would be the best way to go about it?

Last edited:
bluraychip.dk lists two oppo bdp 83 models -

With this easy to install kit, your Oppo player will be region free on bluray and DVD playback. For BDP-83 and BDP-83SE models.

When I buy from Amazon, which model do I buy? How many types of bdp 83 models exist? I don't want to have a different model and a different blu ray chip which won't work with it.

Thanks.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back