Oppo Voltage issue

razaa

Hi,

I am going to purchase Oppo DVDp in US through my friend. My friend in US told that only 110 voltage is available there. Any converter is there to suitable to our country. Or I have to advice him to purchase only 210 voltage oppo product.

Please advice me

Hi,

I am going to purchase Oppo DVDp in US through my friend. My friend in US told that only 110 voltage is available there. Any converter is there to suitable to our country. Or I have to advice him to purchase only 210 voltage oppo product.

Please advice me

oppo dvd player 980 does have the option of dual voltage switching or is capable of 110-230v input. Please check the specs online or get a step down transformer.

Hi,

Please advice me

All Oppo products come with Power Supply of 100V 240V, 50/60Hz so it will work without a hitch.

Thanks for info,

But American other products like AVR doesnt come with both options.Manufacturer to produce things with US compatibility.
US peaple need different options than other countries?:rolleyes:

I got a rev of oppo 980 in which you can see back panal where AC in section states 100v to 240v, there is no swich like on AVR.How?

Most large manufacturers manufacture three version of the same product - one for US, one for Europe and one of Asia. If you see the web sites this will be reflected. When you make a product for a particular region, you save money by localising as much as possible.

Oppo has only a single production line and makes for the whole world. That is why they have that dual transformer option.

Rev is informative ,but doesnt say which DACs are onbrd.

You really are obsessed with DACs are you not? Spiro, please understand just a DAC is not going to create any magic for you. If you also remember in a early post from you, I had mentioned that the specs of DACs chips from companies such as Burr Brown, TI, etc., will be very close to each other. Ultimately it becomes a question of implementation.

Cheers

Oppo has only a single production line and makes for the whole world. That is why they have that dual transformer option.

OK,but there is no switch visible,when you say dual transformer ,switch must be there like on Onkyo AVR,what abt your 983,is there any switch?

You really are obsessed with DACs are you not?

Just curious abt chips & circuitry:eek:hyeah:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back