Oppo's new players BDP 103 & 105

Folks,

I am a bit confused. I use HDMI to connect to my amp. Since HDMI, as per my understanding, is digital, does the quality of the player really matter?

Folks,

I am a bit confused. I use HDMI to connect to my amp. Since HDMI, as per my understanding, is digital, does the quality of the player really matter?

Even if you use HDMI, the quality of signal from source is still important.

Hi,

I will watch out on the release of 105. Any way I am not going to use the Oppo-93 for another 3-4 months as I am waiting for my home theater room to complete before I unpack it. So if 105 is available by then, I will go with it and sell of my BDP-93 :).

-John.

Hello! The Oppo 105 is now available as presale only. It'll be available globally by Thanksgiving.

Do let me know if you decide to sell Oppo 93.

Thanks.

hello, friends i contacted oppo but they informed that they are not sending the same to india. Then how do we get the same in india and what will be the cost for each.

hello, friends i contacted oppo but they informed that they are not sending the same to india. Then how do we get the same in india and what will be the cost for each.

The best and cheapest way would be to use shipping agents like borderlinx and aramex. You can search the forum for details on them.

The best and cheapest way would be to use shipping agents like borderlinx and aramex. You can search the forum for details on them.

+1 to this. Or if you have someone in US who can carry it even better. Shipping charges within US is even less... only overnight Fedex is around $100... 3-5 day shipping is cheaper.

Hi
Pliz help.
My friend in US wants to ship a BDP 105 to Bangalore.He wont be visiting India any soon Which is the best service to use to avoid customs hassles. I know that customs duty has to be paid. But which one should he use-FEDEX/UPS/USPS?
pliz help
thanx

Use FedEx. Ask your friend to mark it as a gift and request for no price or shipping rate to be printed on the parcel. You may totally escape customs.

Please be aware that all Oppos sourced in the US are region blocked for DVD and Blu Ray. While Blu Rays dont seem to be an issue, DVDs might be.

I have an OPPO 93 and I am going to sell it for I wouldn't mind getting a 105. I was going for a 95 but now it will be the 105.

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy the 103 from Amazon. A couple of questions I am hoping
you can help me:
1. I only have 2 channel audio. Can I connect to TV via HDMI for video and send 2 channel audio via digital coax or optical to my amplifier?

2. Planning to carry it as cabin luggage. Any potential issue with TSA?

3. Do I have to pay duty in India since its within import allowance?

Thanks much!

Divakar

I had my Oppo made region free with the approved hardware modification. Seems to work fine - but it costs quite a bit to do. Mine came from the UK.

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy the 103 from Amazon. A couple of questions I am hoping
you can help me:
1. I only have 2 channel audio. Can I connect to TV via HDMI for video and send 2 channel audio via digital coax or optical to my amplifier?

2. Planning to carry it as cabin luggage. Any potential issue with TSA?

3. Do I have to pay duty in India since its within import allowance?

Thanks much!

Divakar

Which TV are you using? 1. You can connect the 103 to the TV via HDMI and then use the outputs from the TV and send it to your amplifier.
2. Oppo has 2 hdmi out. Use one just for picture to your tv and sound from surround output L and R from Oppo to the amp.

I had my Oppo made region free with the approved hardware modification. Seems to work fine - but it costs quite a bit to do. Mine came from the UK.

Is the Oppo you made region free is BDP 93 or 103. If it is 103, please let me know detais of hardware modification.

Lizardking, I have a Samsung HD TV with 2 HDMI inputs. The second option appeals to me more.

I had one more question- the current DVDs from India that I possess, will they not play on the Oppo 103 from the US without modifications?

Thanks again.

Divakar

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back