Oppo's new players BDP 103 & 105

I am planning to buy the 103 from Amazon. A couple of questions I am hoping
you can help me:
1. I only have 2 channel audio. Can I connect to TV via HDMI for video and send 2 channel audio via digital coax or optical to my amplifier?

Yes, you can do this- however, you will need to turn the sound of the TV off as otherwise you will have an "echo effect"

2. Planning to carry it as cabin luggage. Any potential issue with TSA?

No .presuming you are carying it as Hand bagage. Depending on which airport you are transfering(Heathrow is highly avoidable!)you may have to open your bags

3. Do I have to pay duty in India since its within import allowance?

Are you not carrying anything else ? It also depends on the officer on duty!

Thanks much for the advice, jbgude! I have ordered the 103 should get it in a few weeks. This will also replace my Marantz CDP, which I will be putting up for sale soon.

Divakar

Received my Oppo BDP 103 today (I meant days in my earlier post not weeks!). It is superbly built--like a chiselled piece of solid metal. I played Lord of the Rings-The Two Towers (BD) on the hotel TV (LG) using HDMI. Amazing picture quality. It easily fits into my carry-on. It comes included with a wireless adapter and what looks like an external firewire port. Very happy with my purchase. It should hopefully last through the age of discs (going the way of dinosaurs) and positions me well for the wave of the present and future- streaming content.

Received my Oppo BDP 103 today (I meant days in my earlier post not weeks!). It is superbly built--like a chiselled piece of solid metal. I played Lord of the Rings-The Two Towers (BD) on the hotel TV (LG) using HDMI. Amazing picture quality. It easily fits into my carry-on. It comes included with a wireless adapter and what looks like an external firewire port. Very happy with my purchase. It should hopefully last through the age of discs (going the way of dinosaurs) and positions me well for the wave of the present and future- streaming content.

Congrats! What's the landing cost?

If people are interested in making purchase of min 5 pcs together, then they can get a group buy benefit from Avenue Sound:

Prices as follows:
Oppo BDP-105 Region unlocked: Rs. 1,03,000.00
Oppo BDP-105 Region Locked: Rs. 90,000.00

Oppo BDP-103 Region Unlocked: Rs. 56,000.00
Oppo BDP-103 Region Locked: Rs. 48,000.00

Oppo BDP-93 Region Unlocked: Rs. 58,000.00
Oppo BDP-93 Region Locked: 50,000.00

i got my BDP-105 and got rid of my BDP-93 for 25K with box and all accessories. Why is the BDP-93 more expensive than the BDP-103?

Hi friends,
Recently I have seen an adv in AV MAX- May-13 claiming that Oppo-103 & 105 can play Netflix as well as Vudu-HD in India..has any body tried this services in India ? Coz as far as know they have blocked this streaming services for India..:sad:

These streaming services are blocked outside of US. The only way you can use them in India is thru the VPN account of US.

If people are interested in making purchase of min 5 pcs together, then they can get a group buy benefit from Avenue Sound:

Prices as follows:
Oppo BDP-105 Region unlocked: Rs. 1,03,000.00
Oppo BDP-105 Region Locked: Rs. 90,000.00

Oppo BDP-103 Region Unlocked: Rs. 56,000.00
Oppo BDP-103 Region Locked: Rs. 48,000.00

Oppo BDP-93 Region Unlocked: Rs. 58,000.00
Oppo BDP-93 Region Locked: 50,000.00

Are these figures for a single pc each or 5 pcs??? #Jawdrop :confused:

Are these figures for a single pc each or 5 pcs??? #Jawdrop :confused:
:lol:
Unfortunately they are for a single piece and I am one of those who paid that price!! IMO, worth it but again I am very low risk taker in this instance (I was not open to customs discussions, postage damages etc.) and so that is the price to pay, I guess, for avoiding the inherent risks of a direct order :)

Finally my 103 region free player arrived from US. It costed 34k, I had one of my friends to pick it up for me from Bombay Electronics. They had no problem with Customs. Hope to write soon about it when once i connect it.

Finally my 103 region free player arrived from US. It costed 34k, I had one of my friends to pick it up for me from Bombay Electronics. They had no problem with Customs. Hope to write soon about it when once i connect it.

Congrats Praveen. I love this player- Oppo is easily the best blu ray player manufacturer in the world. I have a 5 year old oppo bdp83 and is still rocking. Still i am planning to upgrade to 103 through anyone coming from USA. The HDMI input feature makes it almost an AVR and is truly awesome.

Btw, I am just curious did u pay anything above the product price ? Because correct me if i am wrong but in amazon the price is $499 which in any case shdnt have crossed max 30K INR. Thanks

Thank you, I am bowled over by the player and its basic performance as i have not got sufficient time to explore it. Actually it stands up to the reviews available online.

You are right $499 is the price (for region code locked player) Mine is a life time region free player, that's what the guys from Bombay electronics claim. It costed me $615, more over I was also supplied with a WiFi device or some sort of blue tooth enabled device along with it and i should check how useful the device is. IMO it is worth every paise that I have spent.

In case if you are upgrading your 83 IMHO please retain your bdp83 as there is a new application (cinevia) or something like that in the latest oppo player which will allow you to play only the original Blu ray disc only.

Oppo 103 can detect my 2TB External HD, which i was very concerned with as there was no info about it on net. It can play most of the file formats other than iso files.

Thank you, I am bowled over by the player and its basic performance as i have not got sufficient time to explore it. Actually it stands up to the reviews available online.

You are right $499 is the price (for region code locked player) Mine is a life time region free player, that's what the guys from Bombay electronics claim. In case if you are upgrading your 83 IMHO please retain your bdp83 as there is a new application (cinevia) or something like that in the latest oppo player which will allow you to play only the original Blu ray disc only.

Ah got it. region free will surely come at an additional premium. I personally wud prefer buying the region free kit separately (easily available for these oppo models) and install it myself ...just to have the psychological feeling that no one else has touched my player but thats just me. Thats what i did with my bdp 80 (sorry its 80 not 83 as typed above- excuse the typo). Oppo has the deadly combo of [Region free + 7.1 analog + HDMI input] which i think is unbeatable.

Thanks for the heads up. Will surely retain the 80 now just in case.

We both are in bangalore . Wud love to come and check out your player if possible...if u dont mind. So let me know. Thanks

You are right $499 is the price (for region code locked player) Mine is a life time region free player, that's what the guys from Bombay electronics claim. It costed me $615, more over I was also supplied with a WiFi device or some sort of blue tooth enabled device along with it and i should check how useful the device is. IMO it is worth every paise that I have spent.

In case if you are upgrading your 83 IMHO please retain your bdp83 as there is a new application (cinevia) or something like that in the latest oppo player which will allow you to play only the original Blu ray disc only.

Oppo 103 can detect my 2TB External HD, which i was very concerned with as there was no info about it on net. It can play most of the file formats other than iso files.

Hey can you share contact of bombay electronics, in case I wish to buy one as well

The HDMI input feature makes it almost an AVR and is truly awesome.

Not an AVR, but a pre-processor!! :)

I was contemplating 105 for quite some time which can replace a entry level CD player, BD player, USB DAC, preamp, pre processor, media player etc....! All this with superb video and sound quality.. But it was beyond my budget so had to stop the desire from sprouting.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back