Optoma HD65

in this price band i see only 2 options for dlp pjs - x9 and hd65. I havent found a reliable dealer for X9 in india (let me know if you did).

try to see if you can get it imported from US or singapore you will get for a good price, but thats another story.

other option to keep your budget low is to got for a cheaper LCD 720p PJ now and upgrade in 3-4 yrs when 1080p pjs become very cheap and HD content is also available in india. ;)

in this price band i see only 2 options for dlp pjs - x9 and hd65. I havent found a reliable dealer for X9 in india (let me know if you did).

try to see if you can get it imported from US or singapore you will get for a good price, but thats another story.

other option to keep your budget low is to got for a cheaper LCD 720p PJ now and upgrade in 3-4 yrs when 1080p pjs become very cheap and HD content is also available in india. ;)

For Infocus the people from Onida/Mirc Electronics Ltd. are listed below:
PRODUCT MANAGER, MR. PRSAHANT KAVALE-09821077110
or Mr.AVINASH,09810523991

plz do tell me after talking to them.

The same u mentioned earlier 68K all inclusive........chaxy what do u say now, the infocus X9 can be purchased for 65K+tax........i am in a fix, its all getting out of budget
where is Dushie?

Hi Mandeep

Well i will still recommend to go for HD 65, was reading all the posts.
As x9 is a new product and i do not know what warranty and support you will get for the same.

Normally PJ's last for a long time if you take good care of them and have normal usage of couple of hours a day.

If you need more help on procuring the HD 65. Please get in touch with Mridul he is a member of this forum , he may be able to guide you and answer some of the questions you have.

I will be procuring my projector from him.

Please call him and see if he is able to help.

Mridul Goel
Inspired Innovations
M : +91 93 42422204 / +91 99 99464224
E : [email protected]
W : http://www.inspiredinnovations.in

I also saw the links you gave for the canadian site and Av forums,

Agree with Chaxy, if you can get one from abroad it will be cheaper as price there is much lower compared to what you will pay here.

Just checked out the price in most of the palces in US it is costing around 999$ , which is around 50k indian rupees

Last edited:
Hi Mandeep

Well i will still recommend to go for HD 65, was reading all the posts.
As x9 is a new product and i do not know what warranty and support you will get for the same.

Normally PJ's last for a long time if you take good care of them and have normal usage of couple of hours a day.

If you need more help on procuring the HD 65. Please get in touch with Mridul he is a member of this forum , he may be able to guide you and answer some of the questions you have.

I will be procuring my projector from him.

Please call him and see if he is able to help.

Mridul Goel
Inspired Innovations
M : +91 93 42422204 / +91 99 99464224
E : [email protected]
W : Index of /

I also saw the links you gave for the canadian site and Av forums,

Agree with Chaxy, if you can get one from abroad it will be cheaper as price there is much lower compared to what you will pay here.

Just checked out the price in most of the palces in US it is costing around 999$ , which is around 50k indian rupees
I will try to get in touch with mridul...thanks
Infocus is provided by Onida here in chandigarh....at least they have an office and a full time representative for PJ's here in chandigarh and today i contacted him and he told me that they can provide onsite warranty for one year and 90 days on bulb.But the price is high for X9 and service still doubtfull.I am scheduled to meet him for a demo of X9.

Last edited:
I will try to get in touch with mridul...thanks
Infocus is provided by Onida here in chandigarh....at least they have an office and a full time representative for PJ's here in chandigarh and today i contacted him and he told me that they can provide onsite warranty for one year and 90 days on bulb.But the price is high for X9 and service still doubtfull.I am scheduled to meet him tomorrow for a demo of X9.

looking forward for your review of the x9 demo. Please try the demo with a normal hindi DVD also.

Also. try to check out what all calibration options are there,as most of the reviews outside and posts say that it does not have much options for calibrations and they have disabled that by default otherwise there would be no difference left in this model and the higher end ones which they offer.

Hence u can just do few basic settings and nothing big.

Here are some of the posts i got from other forums -
------------------------------------
The colour gain bias control is not there in X9. It is there on the HD65 and it helps a lot.
---------------------------------------------------
menu options available for calibrating colour, greyscale, etc are not there
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONe customer emailed the infocus support on X9 - details below

More specifically, does it have:

1. 'White balance controls' for greyscale calibration to align the greyscale to D65 ?
2. 'Colour management system' to adjust the colour gamut to HD Rec. 709 specification ?

These features do not seem to be mentioned in the manual.

the reply:
---------
Hi Jason,

The X9 was designed as a low end home theatre projector therefore no color gamut utility exists for this model.

Adjust for grayscale calibration and the color gamut through adjustments that are only available in the RS-232 serial control.

These adjustments are red/green/blue offset & gain. But it is important to note that any changes with affect all inputs. These values are not source specific. Therefore if they choose to make these adjustments they should ensure they are on their primary use source design.

To access the RS232 port on this model requires a serial cable with one end a 3-pin min-din connector and the other end DB9.

So would it appear to have controls but not accessible through a standard menu?

Please verify and cross check the above when you do demo

Also. try to check out what all calibration options are there,as most of the reviews outside and posts say that it does not have much options for calibrations and they have disabled that by default otherwise there would be no difference left in this model and the higher end ones which they offer.

Hence u can just do few basic settings and nothing big.

Here are some of the posts i got from other forums -
------------------------------------
The colour gain bias control is not there in X9. It is there on the HD65 and it helps a lot.
---------------------------------------------------
menu options available for calibrating colour, greyscale, etc are not there
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONe customer emailed the infocus support on X9 - details below

More specifically, does it have:

1. 'White balance controls' for greyscale calibration to align the greyscale to D65 ?
2. 'Colour management system' to adjust the colour gamut to HD Rec. 709 specification ?

These features do not seem to be mentioned in the manual.

the reply:
---------
Hi Jason,

The X9 was designed as a low end home theatre projector therefore no color gamut utility exists for this model.

Adjust for grayscale calibration and the color gamut through adjustments that are only available in the RS-232 serial control.

These adjustments are red/green/blue offset & gain. But it is important to note that any changes with affect all inputs. These values are not source specific. Therefore if they choose to make these adjustments they should ensure they are on their primary use source design.

To access the RS232 port on this model requires a serial cable with one end a 3-pin min-din connector and the other end DB9.

So would it appear to have controls but not accessible through a standard menu?

Please verify and cross check the above when you do demo

Had the demo today at home(for 20-25 min only),as i had no screen, results may differ slightly.

You r right Dushie, The X9 has no separate R,G,B controls to fine tune grayscale balance, just a color temp slider.The color's are accurate, with Brilliant Color turned on. Brightness, Contrast and some other basic controls.Overall the picture was very good, smooth, particularly sharpness was very good, the only weakness noticed was black level performance (immediately noticeable).Haven't seen HD65 in action, no comparison.

Also took the demo for Epson Dm1 ,it has same old problem of visible pixels(but quite less) at all screen sizes, but quite negligible at below 80" screen size,it however has good sharpness and colors were also very good, seems to me to be a very good tight budget option and the whole unit with integrated DVD player is very practical and easy to use.

Mandeep, So whats your final take on the X9 considering factors like Cost, pic quality, dealer support/warranty etc? What offers is the vendor giving on the X9 considering that its Mirc.

Hi folks,

I am getting a quote for 66,000 (inclusive of all taxes) for the HD65 from Kolkata. Do you think the price is okay?

TiA

hello everyone,

Does anyone here have/demoed an Optoma HD65, 720p PJ.

I am very keen on buying one for me.The person at Digipro gave me a price of
Rs 58,500+tax. Is this the correct price.I think it used to cost less before the economic slowdown, can anyone mention what was the price.

Infocus X9 is too costly right now .

Hd65 is more VFM as compared to X9.

For X9 there is nothing mentioned (on its website) about the image processing tech. it uses.

Is Digipro the only distributer/importer for Optoma in india?

Thanks

hi, i have the optoma HD65 ,got it installed in dec/2007 ..thats a fabulous price u have been quoted ,i paid 65k at that time as it was jst launched then,,,even at 65k i think its fantastic value for money ,pictures upscaled to 720p is fabulous,,,,it also accepts pics upscaled to 1080p ,,,now thats real value!! u cud anyday go for it!!!! -------But may i suggest -----if u cud stretch your budget you cud go for HD80 as it is full HD (1080p) and the images from a bluray wud look outstanding ,,,and u cud avoid a future upgrade!!

hi, i have the optoma HD65 ,got it installed in dec/2007 ..thats a fabulous price u have been quoted ,i paid 65k at that time as it was jst launched then,,,even at 65k i think its fantastic value for money ,pictures upscaled to 720p is fabulous,,,,it also accepts pics upscaled to 1080p ,,,now thats real value!! u cud anyday go for it!!!! -------But may i suggest -----if u cud stretch your budget you cud go for HD80 as it is full HD (1080p) and the images from a bluray wud look outstanding ,,,and u cud avoid a future upgrade!!

hi , i got it from digipro through a dealer (hansa pictures) in bangalore ----total price paid inclusive of all HD65--65k,,,cieling mount(vantage point) 6.5k,,,,HDMI cable (from AVR to HD65) 7k ,,,,so totally--78k

Well just inquired today prices have shot up drastically, Optoma Hd 65 which was offered earlier for 58k + tax, is now being offered for 70k.

Looks like for now i have to drop the idea of going for the same , will wait for prices to drop then will decide

Tempted to go for it.

OR should I save up more and go for full 1080p - the HD80.

Well just inquired today prices have shot up drastically, Optoma Hd 65 which was offered earlier for 58k + tax, is now being offered for 70k.

Looks like for now i have to drop the idea of going for the same , will wait for prices to drop then will decide

hi ,whom did you contact? try contacting kalpesh (hansa pic) bangalore ,i got mime thro him ,his contact Mb--09342540415

Hi Subhash
i contacted kalpesh only, it is presently costing 70k. Prices have gone up

hi,so its gone up by 5k thats sad as it retails for less than 1000 US $,,how abt the older model HD 70? this is very similar to Hd 65 ,,specs are almost the same except the size of the unit ,i think as it is an older model u cud get a better deal on the HD70

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back