Optoma HD65

Chaxy, the screen shots look great ...

What content are you playing is it SD or Blue ray ?

What about the screen that you are using ?

I am planning to pick a PJ and screen, so looking at all the available options

John, how much did u pay for your HD 65 which is being shipped ?

Last edited:
Chaxy, the screen shots look great ...

What content are you playing is it SD or Blue ray ?

What about the screen that you are using ?

I am planning to pick a PJ and screen, so looking at all the available options

John, how much did u pay for your HD 65 which is being shipped ?

I am playing on a Sony DVD player with HDMI and upscaling. The content is standard DVDs. Now, the whole point about the H65 that i didnt notice in other projectors is that it plays normal DVDs like Blu ray. Ming blowing guys!! :eek:
The screen i am using is a 92" dia (panoview from optoma). I fell a 92" is more than adequate to generate a WOW!!

You cant go wrong with the Hd65. Will post some more pics later..
The screen i am using is a 92" dia (panoview from optoma). I fell a 92" is more than adequate to generate a WOW!!

You cant go wrong with the Hd65. Will post some more pics today later..

Last edited:
@Dushie - I paid Rs 62K , all inclusive for the projector.

John, 62k is an awesome price, can you provide further details about the deal,

Are you paying them directly and they are shipping the machine to your home.

Who is the sales person u contacted as in Bangalore, the are quoting very high prices above 65k + Vat

Chaxy i am also looking out for screens, the screen you are using what is the gain of the same ?

Last edited:
John, 62k is an awesome price, can you provide further details about the deal,

Are you paying them directly and they are shipping the machine to your home.

Who is the sales person u contacted as in Bangalore, the are quoting very high prices above 65k + Vat

Chaxy i am also looking out for screens, the screen you are using what is the gain of the same ?

Dushie, I am getting it via ProFx Kolkata. I drove a very hard bargain as I am a regular customer of theirs.

Re: Received the Optoma HD65

Got my Optoma HD65 today. Have hardly been able to spend much time on it. Much time was spent adjusting the picture by the technician.

Big first question?

How to increase lamp life? Set to Standard mode (instead of Bright). Should I put in on High-altitude mode? Anything else?

Will post pictures later. I don't have my HDMI cable yet, so pictures are not the best.

Some more points

The Optoma Distributors (Techtronics) is giving 2-year warranty on the projector, 1 year (or 1000 hours) warranty on the lamp, and 1-year free insurance on the projector.

Landing price 62K, all inclusive.

Question: I have had the projector shelf mounted for now. However, the shelf is not at the same level as the top or bottom of the screen. It is 4 feet from the floor (the lower part of the screen is 2 feet from the floor). Will I get a better picture if I mount it at the same level as the top of the screen (i.e., mount it upside down on a shelf using bolts)?

Last edited:

Got my Optoma HD65 today. Have hardly been able to spend much time on it. Much time was spent adjusting the picture by the technician.

Big first question?

How to increase lamp life? Set to Standard mode (instead of Bright). Should I put in on High-altitude mode? Anything else?

Will post pictures later. I don't have my HDMI cable yet, so pictures are not the best.

Some more points

The Optoma Distributors (Techtronics) is giving 2-year warranty on the projector, 1 year (or 1000 hours) warranty on the lamp, and 1-year free insurance on the projector.

Landing price 62K, all inclusive.

Question: I have had the projector shelf mounted for now. However, the shelf is not at the same level as the top or bottom of the screen. It is 4 feet from the floor (the lower part of the screen is 2 feet from the floor). Will I get a better picture if I mount it at the same level as the top of the screen (i.e., mount it upside down on a shelf using bolts)?

i have left mine in high alt mode as this thing gets pretty hot. high alt mode runs the fan at higher rmp and thus better cooling for lamp.

placement of any projector is generally the most complicated part. It depends on many factors. if you plan to mount it upside down with the bolts you can do it easily but install your screen after fixing the Pj. This way you can line up the screen optimally. once you fix the screen its very difficult to line up the projector.

i have left mine in high alt mode as this thing gets pretty hot. high alt mode runs the fan at higher rmp and thus better cooling for lamp.

placement of any projector is generally the most complicated part. It depends on many factors. if you plan to mount it upside down with the bolts you can do it easily but install your screen after fixing the Pj. This way you can line up the screen optimally. once you fix the screen its very difficult to line up the projector.

Thanks a lot Chaxy.

After a lot of experimenting, I have placed it on a low table. The picture is much better.

Thanks a lot Chaxy.

After a lot of experimenting, I have placed it on a low table. The picture is much better.

exactly thats how i have placed my projector. by placing on a table I find it a lot easier disconnect to it and store in a safe dust free place when ever not in use.

Last edited:
hi guys , can you tell me where can i get the optoma hd65 from chennai as price u have bought from profx, kolakata.

here in chennai, there's a profx dealer, can i have the hd65 from or i ahve contact somebody, i need this hd65 for showroom for the demo purpose.

hi guys , can you tell me where can i get the optoma hd65 from chennai as price u have bought from profx, kolakata.

here in chennai, there's a profx dealer, can i have the hd65 from or i ahve contact somebody, i need this hd65 for showroom for the demo purpose.

What type of demo do you plan to use the HD65 for? :confused:

its for the use in home theatre demo room , using upscaler dvd players for hd pq, the screen size is 100" diagoanl

try talking to digipro in Hyderabad, They can arrange for chennai delivery.

Digipro Tecktronixs Audio-Visual PVT. Ltd.
1-2-9/E, SARDAR PATEL ROAD, SECUNDERABAD - 500 003. (ANDHRA PRADESH) INDIA.
TEL?+914027908419~21 ; +914027815419 ; +914027814350 ; +914027890599 FAX?+91-(0)40-27815399 ; +91-(0)40-278214612
http://www.digiproindia.com
Contact?MR. Sanjay Jain
[email protected]
Contact?Mr.Mukund Puranik
[email protected] ; [email protected]

Source: ::: Welcome to Optoma Asia :::

hi welcome to optoma was a very informative site on all the new models of optoma ,the new HD models like 80 ,81 ,82 must be really good ,wonder what cud be the pricing?

thanks chaxy for your valuable information about optoma, and also need help about the price details for all the models in optoma

visit

Ved Information Systems Hyderabad

they have listed prices for all the optoma projector models along detailed specifications.

I spoke to the one Mr.Asher, He was quick to respond to my queries and was polite. Even though I could not purchase HD-65 for a month or so after making lots of queries, he did not forget me when I called him last month.

Their support in answering all my queries made me purchase HD-75 model from them.

regards
K Chandra Sekha Gupta

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back