katesh

I have ordered following titles from Amazon.com USA website

Nature's Most Amazing Events [Blu-ray]
Life (narrated by David Attenborough) [Blu-ray]
Africa: The Serengeti (IMAX) [Blu-ray]

Ordered date Jan 10 2011
Estimated Delivery Date Feb 18 2011
Delivery Address : Hyderabad, India
Shipping method: Standard International Shipping ( no tracking information )

I have not received my package yet. Please let me know your experiences in ordering from Amazon website to Indian address, specifically Hyderabad.
My order total is less than 100$ to avoid any attention from customs.

Do I need to check with any local customs office or Post office. Please let me know your suggestions and experiences.

Get in touch with them. They will ask you to wait until a specific date. If you don't receive it within the specific date, they will either resend the goods to you or you can ask for a refund.

In terms of customer service, amazon does it right.

i agree, amazon's customer service is great...delivery takes between a month to a month and a half...both the quality of the product, the packing and the over all experience is great...write them an email asking for a clarification....

Hi, please check with the local customs office, soon you will get intimation to produce documents on the equipment bought. It will take 20 + days to reach destination.

Anil

Last edited:
Packages sent through Standard International Shipping sometimes may take up to 2 months to reach.

No need to worry. Amazon customer care is the best. So get in touch with them
.They will either do a refund or ship the items again (some times using a better shipping option on their own cost, so that it can reach you quickly).

Am I missing something ? Estimated delivery date is Feb 18th. Today is Feb 16th. You need to wait 2 more days before you press the panic button and call Amazon customer services.

As pointed out by others, Amazon customer service is great and they would address any concerns or problems that may arise due to non-delivery of items.

I think orders placed from Amazon around Christmas season gone for a toss ..Mine and other member maxind123's orders which placed before Christmas never really delivered. We have ordered several times earlier, every time we got delivery at max in 3 weeks.
Good thing is they acknowledges customer grievances. They returned my shipping amount twice already and promised to send another one if I won't get it by this 28th. Actual Delv.Date is Jan 18th.
So no need to worry...worst case you will receive your money.

Dont worry,you need to complain them.I did the same when my graphiccard was not delivered in US.They responded well & gave me $5 discount for next purchase.I bought Bluray disc which reached within time.

Thanks pguy, reubensm, Anil Kumar, Surendar, gem, manas27587, idlebrain, spirovious , for your responses.
I still did not receive, so mailed to Amazon customer care about the issue. Their response was great, My payment is reversed. All this process took just few minutes without much explanation. Amazon Customer Care is really great.

it takes two months to get anything from amazon usa. i ordered twice - since both didnt come on time amazon refunded twice. but i got both two months later.

Katesh,

I have been ordering DVDs and Blu-ray disks from Amazon for the last 5 years. The only time I have not received the shipment is when I ordered using Standard International Shipping (the package arrived by local post with the box open and 3 out of 5 DVDs missing)!!!

Amazon refunded the amount without any hesitation, they have the best customer service.

Next time, try Express Courier or Expedited International shipping, that will not arrive by regular post. Also, in the Express option, you get it in a week's time, plus Amazon handles the customs duty. Charges are higher, but it still works out cheaper or on par with the prices of blu-ray titles in India, so it's worth it.

The beauty is that if the customs duty is less than what Amazon collects from you, they will actually refund you the balance money...

Adios,

AV

Lately, Amazon US shipping's are getting delayed for as good as 2 months. The one I ordered around Christmas Season was delivered last week. Good thing is amazon refunded the shipping charges twice and refunded the whole amount after it passed their promised date i.e around Feb 2nd week.
Express shipping is too expensive for that matter even the standard shipping of AMZ US. Lately I am ordering BDs/DVDs to Aramex US address and then to India. In that way I am getting my order safely in less than a week and with half the price of what amazon quoting for standard shipping.

Satya

Try Aramex shop and ship. Ship supersaver to Aramex address and let Aramex forward it to India. I have been using it for CDs and I find it better than standard shipping. At ~500/half pound, it competes well with the standard shipping rates (USD 4 /CD). The total time from order to delivery is a little over two weeks.

The best part is that I can track the shipment.

You should, however be careful about one thing. Do not order stuff that is not marked 'in stock'. Amazon, in order to ship fast, will break the order up into multiple shipments and the Aramex's charges become high. I once had to pay Rs 500 for the delivery of one CD.

Last edited:
You should, however be careful about one thing. Do not order stuff that is not marked 'in stock'. Amazon, in order to ship fast, will break the order up into multiple shipments and the Aramex's charges become high. I once had to pay Rs 500 for the delivery of one CD.

Sometimes Amazon use to ship a single order with multiple 'In stock' items as more than one packages. This is because they have different items in various fullfilment centers across US. Borderlinx has the option to consolidate multiple packages before you place a shipping request.

Update

Received my shipment on Mar 18. Scheduled delivery date was Feb 18.
It is one month late. Anyhow I received it. Funny thing is I was vacating my home and I received the shipment while i was about to leave in couple of hours
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Katesh,

I have been ordering DVDs and Blu-ray disks from Amazon for the last 5 years. The only time I have not received the shipment is when I ordered using Standard International Shipping (the package arrived by local post with the box open and 3 out of 5 DVDs missing)!!!

Amazon refunded the amount without any hesitation, they have the best customer service.

Next time, try Express Courier or Expedited International shipping, that will not arrive by regular post. Also, in the Express option, you get it in a week's time, plus Amazon handles the customs duty. Charges are higher, but it still works out cheaper or on par with the prices of blu-ray titles in India, so it's worth it.

The beauty is that if the customs duty is less than what Amazon collects from you, they will actually refund you the balance money...

Adios,

AV

+1 to that!

I have had the same experience during my first naive order circa 2000.
They actually sent the package twice and I got it in the 3rd try when they sent it via priority courier. 2 months later I got part of the original shipment. Thats why I have 2 copies of Thing-Fish!

I now order only by priority courier. It reaches within a week and its fully trackable online

Cheers

My three audio Cds were not delivered on time. After I mailed them, they sent it again with a priority post free of cost. And you know what? I got both the shipments together on the same day. So, I have now three duplicate brand new Cds. Amazing amazon.

Back