other regions games(xbox 360)

manu4panjab

hello brothers

i have an xbox 360 elite with ntsc region and last day my brother from australia send me gta 4 disc which has pal region and i can't play it .i know you can't play other region games but my xbox 360 is modded and it plays original halo3 which is too pal region

so why it cannot play gta 4

please any suggestion or any solution

hello brothers

i have an xbox 360 elite with ntsc region and last day my brother from australia send me gta 4 disc which has pal region and i can't play it .i know you can't play other region games but my xbox 360 is modded and it plays original halo3 which is too pal region

so why it cannot play gta 4

please any suggestion or any solution

xbox games are region locked usually. This issue is there and often certain games wont play.

BTW is it hard modded or soft modded?

i guess its soft modded

but then why halo 3(pal) is playing on my ntsc console

bhai sometimes do not work on these systems even while they are region free. My neighbor has a original 40 gb sony ps3 and ps3 games are not supposed to be region coded. Still the handful of games he bought from the us do not work. And similarly GOW2 gives 480p in pal, full hd in ntsc - who can you blame here.

Like wise windows sometimes needs its drivers loaded in a particular order for it to work stress and crash free.

BTW dude the japanese versions not have problems with region coding (best to but from there).

Manu - In Xbox 360 not all games are region locked, GTA4 is region locked while Halo 3 is region free.

Refer to this site for region Compatibility for Xbox 360 games!!!

Also, modding a Xbox 360 doesnt make the console region free, since you have a NTSC console so have to buy NTSC games or the region free games!!!

So next time you are getting a game refer to the link for its region Compatibility!!

Suprateep - The games bought from US which didnt worked on the PS3 are PS3 games or PS2 games? can you tell which are those games!!! Usually only the DLCs (Downloadable Content) like map packs etc are region locked in PS3s!!!

bhai sometimes do not work on these systems even while they are region free. My neighbor has a original 40 gb sony ps3 and ps3 games are not supposed to be region coded. Still the handful of games he bought from the us do not work. And similarly GOW2 gives 480p in pal, full hd in ntsc - who can you blame here.

Like wise windows sometimes needs its drivers loaded in a particular order for it to work stress and crash free.

BTW dude the japanese versions not have problems with region coding (best to but from there).

hey brother you are right about japanese region console
i have one still have it now and i tell you it can play any regions disc and its also modded but its dvd -rom is now broken so it can't play any games

can you please tell me can i change its dvd-rom
like my japnese version console has hitachi-lg dvd-rom can i use other like samsung and lite-on or benq these dvd-roms also use it some xbox 360 console

Manu - In Xbox 360 not all games are region locked, GTA4 is region locked while Halo 3 is region free.

Also, modding a Xbox 360 doesnt make the console region free, since you have a NTSC console so have to buy NTSC games or the region free games!!!

So next time you are getting a game refer to the link for its region Compatibility!!

Suprateep - The games bought from US which didnt worked on the PS3 are PS3 games or PS2 games? can you tell which are those games!!! Usually only the DLCs (Downloadable Content) like map packs etc are region locked in PS3s!!!

:signthankspin: brother

well for one i remember pretty well ridge racer did not work....had region 1 written over it. There were also a couple of fighting games that refused to start up.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back