Oustanding deals, 220V gear

The HT prepro is on sale at 80% off, all their gear is 110/220V selectable. Great value for AVRs as well, and they ship internationally as well.

I pulled the trigger on the prepro. Looks too good to pass up.

which one the 7030 or the 7020?
the 7020 is pretty simialr to the UMC one with better audio and xlr connections)

the 7030 has been really well recieved, esp for it's audio capabilities.

the mega deal (which sold out pronto) was the pA-7-350 for 999 USD?
had the dollar rate been more favourable, i would have loved the buy the 100lbs monster. 7 x350w = 2450w @ 999usd works out to 40c a watt. or less than INR50/- a watt incl shipping & duty

7020, sorry.I thought it was a steal. I am a fan of separates, and having owned and used a UMC 1, I know a thing or two about it.

I am sure it is. Sonically it is supposed to be way ahead. Just from a features and specs point of view it is similar. And if you have used a umc-1, which was no slouch either, you will be best placed to highlight the differences once it arrives.

Ps. Which method do you choose for shipping?

Kapvin

It's been shipped to my son in San Francisco, he will use it and he is willing to part with it later on( or exchange it for a 2 channel pre amp from me) I will get it, otherwise I will wait till my next trip there to audition it.

It's been shipped to my son in San Francisco, he will use it and he is willing to part with it later on( or exchange it for a 2 channel pre amp from me) I will get it, otherwise I will wait till my next trip there to audition it.

George,

What is the pre/pro purchased ? Was it free shipping to SFO ?

Kapvin

I was quite quite disappointed with the UMC 1-I had an LMC 1 earlier, so having owned both I can speak with some authority. The remote is an impressive unit without backlighting. The audio was barely adequate-but when I upgraded to a Marantz AV 7005, it was light years ahead in terms of tonal quality and far more lifelike. I know that Emotiva had a newer XMC 1 prepro in the works, but it was a long time coming-I dont know if it has since been launched.

Whats good about Emotiva?-I suppose value for money and ability to work off 110/220 out of box. I also suspect that unlike the big brands, internet based Emotiva and Sherbourn and a few others are not spending a huge amount on branding which then gets added to the price we consumers end up paying! I am not yet in a position to comment on Sherbourn, but they had a very good reputation for their products esp their multi channel amps.

Again this is only my personal view.

Cheers

The prepro is now listed on their site as unavailable, must have been sold out. My son got delivery last week and has it up and running, says it is full of features, and a good buy.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back