paint recommendation

I have recently tried a wall with JK white putty, finished by using sandpaper (120 number) as a screen and it is giving me better results than any of the conventional wall paints I have tried so far.

I have recently tried a wall with JK white putty, finished by using sandpaper (120 number) as a screen and it is giving me better results than any of the conventional wall paints I have tried so far.

Only wall putty ? That's interesting, would be an off white sort of a color ? Will need to treat a wall in July so will be following this thread and learning from fm's experiences.

Only wall putty ? That's interesting, would be an off white sort of a color ? Will need to treat a wall in July so will be following this thread and learning from fm's experiences.

Yes, it is off white in color. Calibration of the projector took care of that. It is giving me good colors, bright image and no hot spot.

I tried clicking photos but it is of no use since it depends on the camera settings. It is similar to trying to judge a music system by listening to its performance on youtube.

you are right shivam..i have been trying to get one of my friend to click photos for me as he is a good photographer and has a nice camera..wintermoon is performing well for me black levels are just great even in day watching ...but whites are bit more even when i am using eco mode only

Go with Cream Colour Paint...

Bhargavk,

Noticed that you are replying to every post on the forum with some trivial answer. Don't know what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to put something up for sale and hence increasing your post count? If you are cannot contribute with any valuable information, please refrain from posting and not just reply with some one line comment.

bringing up this thread cos somebody here was trying to paint an MDF board .. i was thinking about the same .. do anybody have any experience .. i would either be going for that or Wall with wintermoon ....pls advise

bringing up this thread cos somebody here was trying to paint an MDF board .. i was thinking about the same .. do anybody have any experience .. i would either be going for that or Wall with wintermoon ....pls advise

I've painted my wall with Dulux Snowfield after some research on other forums. It has worked out great for my Epson Home Cinema projector. The contrasts are great and the colors are vivid after calibration.

Sorry for the late reply since I don't read these forums regularly. It's a Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080 that I picked up from the U.S. a long time ago. If I remember my research that I did then correctly, the problem commercial paints have is that they absorb and reflect different colors in different proportions so color accuracy is difficult to obtain. The one I have mentioned came the closest to reproducing all colors equally and the picture was outstanding after a simple calibration using red and blue filters and SMPTE patterns. Be advised that since it is a shade of grey, it absorbs more light than something closer to white (but it gives better blacks) so you need to have a dark room for a bright picture. I don't see why it shouldn't work the same for other projectors.

Last edited:
There is one available on Amazon at price around Rs.550/- by name
Silk Touch
Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating
I think by adding a spoonful of black in it will give a better grey and so the contrast. I am thinking of trying it. Any comments on this.

Silk Touch
I think by adding a spoonful of black in it will give a better grey and so the contrast. I am thinking of trying it. Any comments on this.
Hi amedius
Any good result using this paint ? somebody posted in the commented section white primer will give better results.
I also have to do paint on MDF plywood. Let me know the results..

Silk Touch
I just finished using Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating. Its very good. Dries very fast. Hardly any smell surprisingly.
It's better than Asian paints plain white (Silk Touch has better contrast, better highlights), better than Light Grey laminate screen(I had previously).
The color is somewhat offwhite/mild-grey I have a feeling there is some silver mix type of thingy going on. It has a gain of 1.1.

Last edited:
i have tried all sorts of paint mix
just paint matt white and get a good projector
if u r projector is good the display will also be good

I just finished using Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating. Its very good. Dries very fast. Hardly any smell surprisingly.
It's better than Asian paints plain white (Silk Touch has better contrast, better highlights), better than Light Grey laminate screen(I had previously).
The color is somewhat offwhite/mild-grey I have a feeling there is some silver mix type of thingy going on. It has a gain of 1.1.
Since making this comment, I have retrospected a little as to why the Silk Touch looked better than a white shade of Asian paints. My point of references were a aging yellowing laminate screen and a 4 year old dull white wall. Silk Touch beat both of them easily. Would it look better than a freshly painted regular white wall, I do not know - but I intend to do a project next year which will give me that information.

Since making this comment, I have retrospected a little as to why the Silk Touch looked better than a white shade of Asian paints. My point of references were a aging yellowing laminate screen and a 4 year old dull white wall. Silk Touch beat both of them easily. Would it look better than a freshly painted regular white wall, I do not know - but I intend to do a project next year which will give me that information.
Reviews on Amazon are not very encouraging. Several reviewers stated that its just a normal paint primer. One says that its even printed on the can and has a sticker label of 'Screen Coating' over it -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-r...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01FM4W218

However I am truly amazed by this paint's demonstration -
Extremely expensive though - $528 for 2 gallons

Reviews on Amazon are not very encouraging. Several reviewers stated that its just a normal paint primer. One says that its even printed on the can and has a sticker label of 'Screen Coating' over it -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/customer-r...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01FM4W218

Fake or not, I have used the same screen paint. To be frank even I am not too sure if it made projection better or same compared to other paint options. Subtle difference that I found - this one creates a fine dusty coating like some chalk is mixed and not smooth finish like regular paint and its not pure white like wall primer. Painted 3 years back, still hold the color without being dull over time. 3 years back when I was looking for something similar; reading all varying performance, opinion and complexity about mixing and matching different colors, felt this was hassle free, just buy and apply. Not disappointed.

Official site: https://www.gardwelindustries.com/silk-touch-screen-coating/
does not have much information though.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back