• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

paint recommendation

Shivam

I have recently tried a wall with JK white putty, finished by using sandpaper (120 number) as a screen and it is giving me better results than any of the conventional wall paints I have tried so far.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

vkirti

I have recently tried a wall with JK white putty, finished by using sandpaper (120 number) as a screen and it is giving me better results than any of the conventional wall paints I have tried so far.
Only wall putty ? That's interesting, would be an off white sort of a color ? Will need to treat a wall in July so will be following this thread and learning from fm's experiences.

Shivam

Only wall putty ? That's interesting, would be an off white sort of a color ? Will need to treat a wall in July so will be following this thread and learning from fm's experiences.
Yes, it is off white in color. Calibration of the projector took care of that. It is giving me good colors, bright image and no hot spot.

Shivam

I tried clicking photos but it is of no use since it depends on the camera settings. It is similar to trying to judge a music system by listening to its performance on youtube.

you are right shivam..i have been trying to get one of my friend to click photos for me as he is a good photographer and has a nice camera..wintermoon is performing well for me black levels are just great even in day watching ...but whites are bit more even when i am using eco mode only

anilva

Go with Cream Colour Paint...
Bhargavk,

Noticed that you are replying to every post on the forum with some trivial answer. Don't know what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to put something up for sale and hence increasing your post count? If you are cannot contribute with any valuable information, please refrain from posting and not just reply with some one line comment.

kannapi

bringing up this thread cos somebody here was trying to paint an MDF board .. i was thinking about the same .. do anybody have any experience .. i would either be going for that or Wall with wintermoon ....pls advise

bringing up this thread cos somebody here was trying to paint an MDF board .. i was thinking about the same .. do anybody have any experience .. i would either be going for that or Wall with wintermoon ....pls advise
I've painted my wall with Dulux Snowfield after some research on other forums. It has worked out great for my Epson Home Cinema projector. The contrasts are great and the colors are vivid after calibration.

SPONSORED ADS
Sorry for the late reply since I don't read these forums regularly. It's a Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080 that I picked up from the U.S. a long time ago. If I remember my research that I did then correctly, the problem commercial paints have is that they absorb and reflect different colors in different proportions so color accuracy is difficult to obtain. The one I have mentioned came the closest to reproducing all colors equally and the picture was outstanding after a simple calibration using red and blue filters and SMPTE patterns. Be advised that since it is a shade of grey, it absorbs more light than something closer to white (but it gives better blacks) so you need to have a dark room for a bright picture. I don't see why it shouldn't work the same for other projectors.

Last edited:
There is one available on Amazon at price around Rs.550/- by name
Silk Touch
Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating
I think by adding a spoonful of black in it will give a better grey and so the contrast. I am thinking of trying it. Any comments on this.

edjamesx

There is one available on Amazon at price around Rs.550/- by name
Silk Touch
Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating
I think by adding a spoonful of black in it will give a better grey and so the contrast. I am thinking of trying it. Any comments on this.
Hi amedius
Any good result using this paint ? somebody posted in the commented section white primer will give better results.
I also have to do paint on MDF plywood. Let me know the results..

SPONSORED ADS