Painting advice needed...

Imrahn

Can anyone plz share some ideas regarding painting/designing wall where I am planning to mount my plasma?Its the main hall which is currently of ivory shade.Have a thick cream colored curtain separating the dining area from the hall which blends very well with the hall's current color.

If painting the hall is not recommended,any advice regarding color patterns i can try out for part of the wall where the TV would be mounted are also welcome.

Thanx and regards

Imrahn, choice of colours and patterns are very subjective and it has to blend with the surroundings. This is a decision you must take in consultation with your wife and an interior decorator.

If you can afford it, one good idea will be to mount small frames, put a perforated sheet on top, line the sheet with 8 to 10 mm foam, and cover the whole thing with a cloth of your choice. This will give a nice touch to the wall, contrast with the TV, increase visibility, and also act as a very rudimentary sound dampener. A dark colour wiill be the best.

Cheers

Bump...plz provide some nice design ideas guys.

As Venkat mentioned, this is a very subjective choice. Here are some choices purely from an aesthetic point of view (no acoustic treatment):

1. Get wooden paneling in the area behind the TV from floor to ceiling, and mount TV directly to wall behind the paneling for added sturdiness

2. Paint the wall with the TV a different shade from the other walls - makes it a highlite wall

3. you can get some texture treatment on the wall behind the tv as well.. or part of it, whatever suits your decor the most

Obviously, you can mix and match whatever you prefer. In my bedroom, the TV behind the wall is textured with vertical lines, and the TV is mounted onto the wall. Below the TV i got wooden paneling done to conceal the wires all the way down to the entertainment section. Hope this helps :)

Go for Lead free paint. Only one or to brands offer this and all others including the big names exceed WHO recommendations and not only that they cannot be sold in EU or US due to stricter regulations.

but you need to discover which brand. I read about this case but could not research the brands ...

HTH

Thanx a lot for the valuable replies Venkat,kaipaji and gobble - much much appreciated!!!!!!
Am also thinking of highlighting the wall with the TV but not sure whether i should go for the entire wall or for color patterns since it is the main hall and would like to keep it subtle.

This is what i have done with the HTPC upstairs but think the same color would be too harsh for a main hall.

img20100827205653.jpg

img20100827205708.jpg

Colors affect psychology. One wall with a matching bold color can do a lot to relieve visual boredom. It should not be dark like in the pic but bold in manner that reminds one to maintain a sunny disposition.

HTH

^^yes mate,looking into the Asian Paints Royale Play and also considering wooden paneling the wall if it fits the budget. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back