Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

Hi
Recently encountered a problem with my 220 player (region free mod done.) Five minutes into any BD and the player stops working.
This started when I inserted a Region 8 DVD and set the player to the specific region on the remote with the option 2708 thing.
Anyone else facing the same problem? Is it some settings related issue? Appreciate any help
TIA
Gijo

Finally ordering the modified Pana BDT 230 from TPS UK.

The final offer is at 249 GBP (with VAT). Asking a friend to bring it along so saving on shipping..

Hi All,

.Vob files are not getting played through the USB port? and I Vaguely remember playing these files from my computer through Nero media home. Now I have a problem with this Nero media home software and when I try to select a file to play it says unknown error.

For now if I copy these files to a DVD-RW will I able to play them in my Panasonic BDT-220?

Hi All,

.Vob files are not getting played through the USB port? and I Vaguely remember playing these files from my computer through Nero media home. Now I have a problem with this Nero media home software and when I try to select a file to play it says unknown error.

For now if I copy these files to a DVD-RW will I able to play them in my Panasonic BDT-220?

Just copying to DVD as data files may not work. Burning them as a video DVD should make them playable on the BDT-220.

ASHD- You are paying an obscene amount for the player. It is available for $110 USD or so at AMZ-US. Even with shipping and customs, it shall not cost you beyond INR-10K. The firmware to amke it regionfree is about 2500 or so (AFAIK-30euro). So anything beyond 14/15K is does not make sense.

Better buy the BDT220 from ebay for around 9K and make it region free for 2500. I think there is not much difference between 220 and 230. But finally the call is yours.

Hi All,

You can also try to convert to MKV using MKVMERGE. It shall work.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just getting introduced to BR world,

Was browsing through amazon.in BR movies, all are priced above 1k, is this the usual price of BR disc.
Is there any site Indian or international site which members use to buy their BRD?

Thanks
Tushar

Hi,

Was browsing through amazon.in BR movies, all are priced above 1k, is this the usual price of BR disc.
Is there any site Indian or international site which members use to buy their BRD?

Thanks
Tushar

You please go the movie section for more details on the discounts and offers on movies (both from Indian and international sellers).

But roughly the avg price is around 1K. But many titles available in Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk for less than 250 or 300 INR. But the catch is shipping and customs (for more details refer the "MOVIES" section)

Hi,

Thanks
Tushar

I always buy from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. Some BDs, especially new releases are above Rs. 1k (landed cost incl of all) but you can get the same at nearly half price 6 to 8 months after release. My average cost of BDs is Rs. 700.

Hey just4kix,

Iv joined the bandwagon of bd220 owners too...bought it from ebay last week... any words of advice? :) Should I get it updated to the new version as its prompting me?

Hey just4kix,

Iv joined the bandwagon of bd220 owners too...bought it from ebay last week... any words of advice? :) Should I get it updated to the new version as its prompting me?

Yes. Apply the latest firmware. PM me with your email id.

Hi experts,

I read lots of reviews, all praising Pana BDT220 for its PQ and VFM. I am planning to replace my media player and wanted to buy a BR player (under 20k), so leaning towards BDT220.
How good it would be for stereo listning. I would pair this with my Denon 2310using Opt.
I have another option to go for a Denon 2012UD (1+year used) for almost double the price of the BDT220...would this be worth paying that amount keeping the limitations of 2012UD in mind) Or BDT220 is the best bet
Any suggestions appreciated :)

for those who are interested in BDT220, here is the best deal i found online...pls let me know if its available cheaper than this elsewhere (INR 8371)

Brand New Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Smart Network 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player | eBay

TIA
Ajay

Hi experts,

I read lots of reviews, all praising Pana BDT220 for its PQ and VFM. I am planning to replace my media player and wanted to buy a BR player (under 20k), so leaning towards BDT220.
How good it would be for stereo listning. I would pair this with my Denon 2310using Opt.
I have another option to go for a Denon 2012UD (1+year used) for almost double the price of the BDT220...would this be worth paying that amount keeping the limitations of 2012UD in mind) Or BDT220 is the best bet

for those who are interested in BDT220, here is the best deal i found online...pls let me know if its available cheaper than this elsewhere (INR 8371)

TIA
Ajay

Well. I have both the bdps. If you want the best audio video performance denon 2012 is the one.
Though bdt220 is very good with sound especially with its enhanced modes, 2012 is way ahead of it.
You can try out a demo of the two when both are just bitstreaming the audio to the avr.
The 2012 has a formidable chassis seperating audio and video circuitry (remember there could be interference between them causing degradation of sound and video). The 2012 itself is like a avr in size.
We might get the best avr and presume that it gives the best sound but the truth is that the source that is sending the audio bits whether decoded or undecoded is where the magic lies.
2012 gives you sound so immersing with good and clean bass, you will just be blown away.
If you want to take the best out of the avr then feed it through 2012.

Hi experts,

TIA
Ajay

thanks for the link, am considering the BDT220 for some time now, any suggestions on a region unlock? is this possible anymore?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back