Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

This can be made region free at a cost of 2500. Otherwise the ideal will be region A (if you gonna source your BDs from US) and region B (if you gonna source your BDs from UK/Europe). Normally Region B ones are also 220V/50HZ, where Region A ones are (110V/60hz), which needs a adapter which is readily available and does not cost much.
p/s. Of late, many people that I know have been rejected at firmware info website. So don't bet on making the player region free.

I just checked with Panasonic shop in Baner, BDT 230 will be available in last week of July at 11,000.

BDT220 not available at all. No old stock.

Last week I went to Chennai Burma Bazaar and have seen lot of shops having this Panasonic -BDT 220 model and was quoted Rs 9500.

I just checked with Panasonic shop in Baner, BDT 230 will be available in last week of July at 11,000.

BDT220 not available at all. No old stock.
That unit will be Region C locked. So unless one can make it region free, there will be some limitations. Price is a little expensive - 9K to 9.5K would have been ideal.

From the player settings or from the Blu ray disc cover is there any way we can know the size of the movie file?

this is getting murkier by the day...

220 not available and anyways mod may not be provided (at the mercy of the guy)
230 available but not sure when mod may come up + its luck same as above

If no mod is done then have to buy BDs in India which is recurring expensive affair..

Oppo 103 (499 GBP) Really expensive but Mod is easily available (74 Euro) and Modified 103 (575 GBP) is also available..

Oh that Pioneer 450 looks great. I think the prices have been reduced of late. Anyway, I think that is a better option for someone looking for Region free BD player.

Pioneer 450 is praised a lot for PQ and most importantly the sound by whathifi . One might see more muscle in sound even when doing bitstream to the AVR via hdmi.
Having a double hdmi outs is a bonus. If one is not sure if passthrough of video via avr is degrading the picture, one can use one hdmi straight to the tv and the other to avr only for sound.

If you are considering the pioneer 450 just remember that it does not have analogue outs for stereo. So if you want to use it for music you will need an AVR.

If you are considering the pioneer 450 just remember that it does not have analogue outs for stereo. So if you want to use it for music you will need an AVR.

That shouldn't be a concern I guess. Every tv these days has tv outs for stereo.

From what I've googled, almost 80/90% of the BRs available in India are region free nowadays

Oh that's incorrect. Officially no bd player can be region free. Some of them can be made region free with either software or hardware mod hack.
Some bd players are region free only for dvds, which are not they can be made region free easily.

Oh that's incorrect. Officially no bd player can be region free. Some of them can be made region free with either software or hardware mod hack.
Some bd players are region free only for dvds, which are not they can be made region free easily.
I think he is talking about discs and not the player.

That shouldn't be a concern I guess. Every tv these days has tv outs for stereo.

Hmm, that is not the case most of the new one's including mine LG 47LM7600 do not have a Stereo out and I am using the Stereo out from Panasonic BDT 220.

In that case, will have to wait till the 230 is launched and available in India.. Its a few days till they will get the stock...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back