Panasonic new 42" plasma vs LG plasma 42pt350R

mahesh_cbrl

Hi,

this is my first post and I have a few questions.

After going through all the posts here, I decided to buy a plasma tv. But the panasonic brand showroom in bangalore is saying that in the 42" category there is a new model xt50d instead of the older xt30d. But I could not find any mention of xt50d on the panasonic website or in this forum. Did anyone buy this and what is the feedback? As per a rather frank salesperson, there is not much difference other than a 12,000 rupees hike. The new one costs 45000. the older one was sold for 33,000.

Also, since I wanted a 2d only model, the only other brand I could find in ezone is the lg 42pt350R. It looks nice with a thin frame and good sound. But what is the feedback on LG's plasma reliability?

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks
mahesh.

Hi,

this is my first post and I have a few questions.

After going through all the posts here, I decided to buy a plasma tv. But the panasonic brand showroom in bangalore is saying that in the 42" category there is a new model xt50d instead of the older xt30d. But I could not find any mention of xt50d on the panasonic website or in this forum. Did anyone buy this and what is the feedback? As per a rather frank salesperson, there is not much difference other than a 12,000 rupees hike. The new one costs 45000. the older one was sold for 33,000.

Also, since I wanted a 2d only model, the only other brand I could find in ezone is the lg 42pt350R. It looks nice with a thin frame and good sound. But what is the feedback on LG's plasma reliability?

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks
mahesh.

Hi Mahesh,

XT50D 3D model launched in 2012, previously only X30D 2D model was available not XT30D. I bought my 42XT50D last month from jaipur @46500/- without 3D glasses. Picture quality much improved then 2011 models. If you are looking for non 3D model, so wait for new 42X50D, will be available at store in July'12.

LG 42PT350R is 2011 model. Now LG launched some new models i.e. 42PA4520 non 3D, 42PM4700 3D in budget price tag. As everyone knows that Panasonic is Pioneer in Plasma technology. So my vote is reserved for Panasonic Plasma.

The price difference is due to increase in dollar value and taxes.But feature wise I guess there is no much difference.

I am also planing to buy P42X30 from Panasonic Brandshop for 36.5K at Coimbatore. I could not bargain more than that.

Last edited:
Samsung has better entry level tv's than panasonic............that was the scenario until panasonic launched its 2012 line up that also improvised their X and U series. IF you want to go with the X series, then suggest to go for X50 or XT50 and not X30. If you still want to go for X30, then better to also demo some of the entry level plasma from Samsung's 2012 line up.............they might be better compared to X30.

Also have a look here : 42 Plasma TV: Our Top Recommended 42 Inch Plasma Televisions for 2012

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will wait till July to see what models are launched. Also, the link from aakashr shows how much difference we have for the prices. even at a 60 rupee to dollar, the LG is still 27000 in INR equivalent. There is nothing less than 40000 currently in Bangalore.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back