Panasonic Viera Plasma TH-P42V20D **Xclusive Images**

Although I have posted this elsewhere as well, I see on the specs of V20 vs U20 that the former says 1080 lines of Moving Picture Resolution which is 900 in the later. Can anyone explain me what is this difference?

Also what would be the equivalent lines in LG 50pk550 or SAMSUNG 50c550 or 50c450?

Vinod,
Any idea on what is the difference in picture in Eco Mode vs standard mode? And moreover what is the difference in power consumption between the two modes? The rated power supply of your tv is 350Watt on the pana website.

In Eco Mode the screen adjusts to the room lighting and the contrast is automatically increased or decreased based on the ambient lighting. I am not sure what is the variation in power supply.

Discovery & NGC HD on my Tata Sky+ HD is doing full justice to the TV... Never before seen picture clarity and amazing sound... So happy :)

According to flatpanelhd review for 50 inch v20 , here are the power consumption figures post calibration :

OOBstands for Out of Box and PC - Post Calibration

Standby (OOB 0.2 W ) (PC 0.2 W)
SD (OOB 201 W ) (PC 186 W)
HD (OOB 201 W ) (PC 186 W )

The above figures are for the 50 inch plasma so it should be even lower for 42 inch, 350w for 42 inch is the rated power consumption (max) provided the screen is displaying a pure white screen constantly at max brightness.

Calibrated settings :
Profile: Professional1
Contrast 36
Brightness: 0
Colour: 30
Sharpness: 0
Vivid Color: Off
Eco mode On/Off
Intelligent Frame Creation Off
P-NR Off
Gamma 2.2
R-Gain: -1
G-Gain: -1
B-Gain: +6
R-Cutoff: 0
G-Cutoff: 0
B-Cutoff: +1

While the above settings are good for a dark room, i have kept my contrast at 50 and color at 45 considering the fact that we have pathetic DTH services in our country :p

Discovery & NGC HD on my Tata Sky+ HD is doing full justice to the TV... Never before seen picture clarity and amazing sound... So happy :)

I agree to that, real HD sources can showcase the true potential of this TV. Its depressing to see that our service providers are still incapable of increasing the number of HD channels.

Calibrated settings :
Profile: Professional1
Contrast 36
Brightness: 0
Colour: 30
Sharpness: 0
Vivid Color: Off
Eco mode On/Off
Intelligent Frame Creation Off
P-NR Off
Gamma 2.2
R-Gain: -1
G-Gain: -1
B-Gain: +6
R-Cutoff: 0
G-Cutoff: 0
B-Cutoff: +1

While the above settings are good for a dark room, i have kept my contrast at 50 and color at 45 considering the fact that we have pathetic DTH services in our country :p

So does this mean that your tv-s power consumption will be higher? And moreover do you do gaming like PS3 etc on this TV?

Its a nice TV...only wish they would streamline the side a bit, compared to the the designs by LG and Sammy, the Pana is a lady with a fat ****

Congrats on the new purchase. I too have this TV at my disposal but box packed without opening it. Waiting for some painting and cleaning work to complete before I set it up, don't want to damage it at this early stage, but find it irresistible. Purchased it for 61k.

Hey, can you please tell me the dealer from whom you bought it? I am also in Bangalore and planning to buy one this weekend. Thanks in advance!

Can someone please help with Price of Pana 42V20 in Bangalore.

I know that some people mentioned about buying at lowest price of 57.5k. But I am not able to get price lower than 61K (minimum at Vivek's).

All dealers (Ezone, Girias, Adhishwar (even the Rajajinagar one), Vivek's, Yesbee, Reliance Digital etc) were damn sure than in past 3 months no one would have sold this model at that price point of less than 61K.

And were asking me to get the copy of Bill or just the Bill Number at that price point (if someone really bought at that price point). And they would offer the same price to me.

I am very confused, as all other model prices have come down significantly, why I am not able to get Pana 42V20 less than 60K.

Many congratulations...awesome HDTV, you'll see its true potential in pitch dark surroundings while viewing Nat Geo HD / Discovery HD, for movies WB...blu ray movies...with moderate picture settings, once you've observed the initial 100 hrs of burn-in :licklips:...ENJOY !!

I have 42X20D...even it packs a punch for normal SD and HD channels, can only imagine what this beauty (42V20D) will do in ideal conditions.

Try and control the ambient light to maximum use double curtains avoid mirrors / glass or cover them in that room.

Suggestion - Go for Tata Sky HD plus.

Cheers

Hey, can you please tell me the dealer from whom you bought it? I am also in Bangalore and planning to buy one this weekend. Thanks in advance!

Got it from Griha Vaibhav.

I too observed all the models have dropped their prices from since the time I bought but not this one. Possibly due to its demand from enthusiasts due to superior PQ.

Man I got this on second week of Jan for 65K in Bangalore! I went to all showrooms and tried all different ways of hard bargaining, but not worked out. Finally got it from Reliance Digital. In a matter of few days the prices came down to 60K and below? But nice to see that prices are falling for these gadgets.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back