Panasonic Viera Plasma TH-P42V20D **Xclusive Images**

Vinod,

Nice pics! My cousin too bought this a couple of weeks ago.

Plasma does certainly have a smoother and more natural picture quality than LCD / LED. Try hooking your TV with a Sony BDP-S370 blu-ray player (it's less than 10k, real value for money), and see how good blu-ray movies look on a plasma.. Especially discs from Disney / Pixar (reference quality disks)...

Enjoy your HD life..

AV

I am planning to buy one this weekend from Mumbai, where would I get it for 60-61k or lower ?

Thanks

i am not sure if bajaj electronics is in mumbai, i bought it in hyd @ 59K just last month....Awesome i should say. !!

Hi All..
I also bought home this beauty (got it for 63k in Pune :( looks to be on lil higher side :( ). Anyways it's happened now... but I would must say PQ is awesome, HD channels ... One cannot stop him/her self from starring this beauty, PQ is awesome. Till now I have seen all stuff under 'Normal' settings given by the company, do we have to customize it?

Have to learn about settings, could someone please let me know what initial settings should be? is there anything where we can check total hours usage by this TV?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi to all.. please bear my limited knowledge..

I went to local electronics store at Malviya Nagar, Delhi to look for LCD/plasma TV today..
The shopkeeper recommended to me a particular LCD Panasonic TV, on enquiry he told me the price to be 42K.. I asked him to write a model no and price in a piece of paper for me..
The model number he has written down is 42V20D. I have checked the Panasonic India web-site and I guess that he might be referring to TH-P42V20D itself..
I am also little confuse because he has written down the above model to be LCD tv.. further he has quoted 34.5K for plasma tv (I did not ask for model noumber).. he mentioned that both the model were full HD..

My question to the experts here is how come the price suddenly fall from 61K to 42K? Am I missing something here..
I have saved small amount since last 3 years to buy 42 Plasma/LCD TV
I was with the impression that LCD is better than Plasma and LED is better then LCD.. I guess I am wrong..

I would be immensely thankful if somebody can point me towards right resources to help me to choose..

Thanks to all in advance..

A warm friendly greetings to all the members of this prestigious forum,

In my search to find one of the best 42" LCD/LED TV's, I visited Reliance Electronics at Ambience Mall, Gurgaon and requested the salesman to convince me into buying any LCD/LED/Plasma (thought this plasma tech would be soon phased out, until Panasonic introduced their "Neo-plasma" tech) on display.

I was blown away by the direct comparison between this panel versus all the latest and greatest panels in the LCD/LED/Plasma HDTV line up (about 20 panels on display). The VIERA TH-P42V20D out shone the competition and stood out with its natural looking, realistic color rendered, PQ. Requested the salesmen to play different media (DVD, BlueRay, USB DivX format Videos, except Std. Def. DTH signals, etc), I had found my 42" HDTV.

Price quoted? Rs 65,000 with 1 YR warranty. I requested 2 Yrs extended warranty, price? Rs 69,950. Visited Reliance Electronics, Ambience Mall, DLF Promenade New Delhi, Panel out of stock. Took them 1 week to tell me that all panels were sold out and the only panel on sale was the display unit they showed to me in Gurgaon. It seems there is an Octroi Sales Tax involved if a Delhi resident purchases such an item from a Gurgaon reseller. Jumbo Electronics were poor in responding to my request & advised me to go to Panasonic directly. Dropped the idea of buying it from any of the mentioned chain stores.

Randomly, called Panasonic Brand Shops in Delhi and got quoted prices of Rs 60,000 - 62,000 inclusive of 3 YR warranty, Stand + Wall mount bracket + Free Installation + Onsite Demo. I am confident considering this panel is a 2010 release, we should be able to hard bargain the PBS's into a better price. Lets see how it goes.

A heads up and cautionary note - avoid buying any items from so called giants like Reliance Electronics and Jumbo Electronics without checking prices with atleast 2 other resellers/shops before making your purchase. Imagine, they would have ripped Rs 7,000 - 8,000 off with their intentional/unintentional misleading information and pricing. If any member in Delhi gets a better price, please share your findings with us.

Thank you all.

Congratulations Rajan Vinod and all the esteemed members at this wonderful forum. :licklips:

My first post too. Greetings to all the members. In my search for the best PQ in a LCD/LED/Plasma, I came across the 42V20D at Reliance Electronics, Ambience Mall, Gurgaon. It simply blew the competition away of all the 25 models of various brands on display. Price quoted - Rs 65,000 with 1 Yr Warranty. Rs 65,950 with 3 Yrs Warranty. Decided to check with other dealers, glad I did. On checking with Reliance Elec., Amb Mall, DLF Prom, Delhi, same price, out of stock. Checked with Jumbo Electronics, out of stock, poor service and customer reception, never going back. :mad:

Inquired at random with the Panasonic Brand Shops in Delhi, lowest price quoted Rs 60,000 - Rs 65,000 with 3 Yr Warr, Stand, Wall mount bracket, installation + demo. Units are available in stock, plenty. :D

If any member comes across lower or similar prices in Delhi, please share your latest findings with all of us here at the forum, would be fun to make a coordinated purchase and benefit all. :clapping:

Good luck friends.

Best regards,

Videophile

Firstly thanks to the forum for making my task easier to take decision on finalizing the Plasma TV. I bought this from Panasonic showroom Pune baner.for 60K with 3 years warranty.

Now looking out for a good HT system compatible with this TV. Any suggestions? My budget is around 30K.

Congrats on your nice purchase. Happy enjoyment and good viewing.

Please post your display settings also for our knowledge.

Hi Guys,
I also got this new unit from croma recently--which, confirmed by panasonic india that is discontinued and is going to be replaced by st30. Anyways I have a query here-- on some international site it is mentioned that using your usb thumb drive, you can record live tv content! Can members here please confirm if any of you have tried the same. I am yet to find that option in its manual.

Thanks

@ Videophile,

I was able to clinch a deal of 59500 last November, for the P42V20D with 3 yrs warranty from Jumbo Elex Gurgaon.

@Snorkel4u

Belated congratulations on your purchase last year. You are lucky. The best quote I this year around May was RsS 57,000. Unfortunately, their stock was sold out. What BD DVD player you purchased to compliment the V20D? Can you share an image or two of your HT setup if possible?

@ Anandg

Congratulations on your purchase. Thats a good price I would say. Please share your first impressions with us, also what would be your preferred install, wall mount or stand mount?

@coolbeach

Congratulations on your purchase. Good price. I m looking forward to setting up our 1st HT as well. Starting with designs for a small room set up. Will share all I gain on this subject on another thread. This thread is exclusively for first impressions and images dedicated to the P42V20D.

Hi Guys,
I also got this new unit from croma recently--which, confirmed by panasonic india that is discontinued and is going to be replaced by st30. Anyways I have a query here-- on some international site it is mentioned that using your usb thumb drive, you can record live tv content! Can members here please confirm if any of you have tried the same. I am yet to find that option in its manual.

Thanks

Anandg, I have read from various forums that it is possible to record live tv content on certain brands of external hdds, but user is required to format selecting a certain file system and the recorded content could not be read off the hdd by Windows OS PC, only pana could re-read content off of it. One user reported the V20 cannot record onto a thumb drive, which I doubt. :eek:

Nevertheless, whenever I come across any info about USB thumb drive recording on the V20, I will surely share it with you. If you come across any, please share with all of us. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back