Panasonic VT20 Owners Thread

I have a TH-P65VT20R
I searched every where for the firmware update but could not find it. Panasonic support gave me a link to download the firmware update but when I insert the SD card with that firmware it shows error 0013. Which apparently means that the firmware is not for that TV.

Someone please help me! I need TH-P65VT20R firmware update.

I have a TH-P65VT20R
I searched every where for the firmware update but could not find it. Panasonic support gave me a link to download the firmware update but when I insert the SD card with that firmware it shows error 0013. Which apparently means that the firmware is not for that TV.

Someone please help me! I need TH-P65VT20R firmware update.

Simple question - why? Is you're TV not working? Are smart apps not working?

Aha! Finally I got my Panny VT20-50D back in working condition from Panasonic (service agent Comtel) a week ago. It was a very long wait indeed - some 3 months. A month ago when I became restive they offered P50X and P50S and some LED models but I would not budge. The first P board they got was defective. Then they had to order another one and that took long time. Finally I got my Panny in good working condition. Yes it was covered under 3 year warranty. So did not pay anything. Glad it is back.

Anybody replaced the batteries in the 3D glasses yet. I tired the maxell CR2032 from the watch shop , but they don't seem to have enough power. The light just blinks and then nothing.

There are Panasonic brand batteries available in global ebay, already ordered yet to receive. But is there a local store which sells these batteries ? or any other which are compatible with these 3D glasses ?

The glasses that I own with ST50 use CR2025. I used local batteries but the quality (power) is not as good as the original but the new ones did not loose juice immediately.

Hi friends MY P50VT20 is dead for a month almost now and Panasonic is sleeping over it. Calls to their service center only get same reply"we will get back with update on spare required" but nothing happens.
Can somebody share contact details of higher ups so that i can get things moving.
It is the same industry issue of s2 s3 board gone bad. I get 7 flashes of led on powerup.

Hi Guys,
Yesterday for the first time my Panny VT20 showed signs of Trouble, the left side of the pannel around the size of 5inc*10inc section pixel wer not updating or looking dull, its not burn in nor dead pixel, its just looks like that section of pixel not going max, its not visible much in Blacks and Whites but in some colors like Blues, But Strange after watching some contents for 2 hours it was fixed...should i be worried or its just normal....i am into 3rd Year, looks like pannel problems are very common...in plasma....

Finally tv is back in action after new boards were installed. Thinking of giving it a ups for cleaner power delivery

Hello (if anyone's still watching this thread)!

i updated my TV's software to v5.606 a few days back. however, its still viera cast for me. how could i get viera connect? though i read in the earlier pages that viera cast is speedier, but the youtube watching experience on it is not fulfilling. hoping that viera connect is better on that front atleast.

Hello (if anyone's still watching this thread)!

i updated my TV's software to v5.606 a few days back. however, its still viera cast for me. how could i get viera connect? though i read in the earlier pages that viera cast is speedier, but the youtube watching experience on it is not fulfilling. hoping that viera connect is better on that front atleast.

I thought the current version is 5608?

Hey guys

M facing a strange issue on a 50VT20D,
There are horizontal lines that are continously coming up on the lower half of the panel.
The same is even prevalent upon connecting my laptop so tatasky is not faulty here.

http://youtu.be/QdU9wPRNp28
Have attached a video link.

Any1 faced this issue ?
Unable to diagnose it kindly help

Last edited:
after 3year 4months of perfection my TH-P50VT20D 3D plasma suddenly stopped working sometime in march2015. the co. was duly informed, they took the set, after examination quoted a price of some 22k. for repair. i okayed the offer and after some 4wks. of keeping the set i got a phone call from their service people they are unable to repair it as the required parts are no longer available.
any ideas anybody

gvr

Need help to get the screen replacement at right prices for my 50vt20d here in Delhi. Request if fellow members can suggest right shops to get this done.

after 3year 4months of perfection my TH-P50VT20D 3D plasma suddenly stopped working sometime in march2015. the co. was duly informed, they took the set, after examination quoted a price of some 22k. for repair. i okayed the offer and after some 4wks. of keeping the set i got a phone call from their service people they are unable to repair it as the required parts are no longer available.
any ideas anybody

gvr

am happy to inform you that the local service centre was able to fix the tv partially. it is now working as a display panel( the audio of tv tuner is not working). as it so happens ,i have always been using it as a display panel only with all inputs(dish tv, bluray, media player) being routed through my onkyo av receiver. just got it back and connected. it is working fine. there is no guarantee offered even for the A board they have replaced. so just hoping for the best. ( almost went and ordered the samsung plasma 55inch on snapdeal for some 66k). and since they were unable to fully repair the tv, they charged me rs. 8050/- instead of the 22k they originally quoted.

gvr

am happy to inform you that the local service centre was able to fix the tv partially. it is now working as a display panel( the audio of tv tuner is not working). as it so happens ,i have always been using it as a display panel only with all inputs(dish tv, bluray, media player) being routed through my onkyo av receiver. just got it back and connected. it is working fine. there is no guarantee offered even for the A board they have replaced. so just hoping for the best. ( almost went and ordered the samsung plasma 55inch on snapdeal for some 66k). and since they were unable to fully repair the tv, they charged me rs. 8050/- instead of the 22k they originally quoted.

gvr

Is there any degradation in the picture quality after the repair? Also, out of curiosity, how many usage hours is it showing in the service menu of your TV?

Back