Panasonic VT20 Owners Thread

Dear All:

Need a help... I had not used a pendrive on my VT20.. got one movie which i wanted to play. I connected the pendrive through one of the USB drive though the USB drive recognized nothing happened after that. Am I missing something here, please advise.

Thanks

Sharath

If you are trying to play a file that is not supported by the TV, the drive will be recognized but not the file. It is frustrating but better to get a media player to do this instead of expecting the TV to be able to play such files. Or you can convert the file to a supported format and then try playing.

I am thinking of wall mounting my 50VT20D to get it out of reach of an active two year old. Can someone please help with any reference of a good chap in Mumbai who operates in the Western suburbs. I already have the free wall mount that came with the TV.

I am thinking of wall mounting my 50VT20D to get it out of reach of an active two year old. Can someone please help with any reference of a good chap in Mumbai who operates in the Western suburbs. I already have the free wall mount that came with the TV.
Call panasonic and fix an appointment. They will do it for Rs.500.

My set has developed a problem since yesterday.........a thin vertical line has started appearing at the right hand side of the screen from top till middle of the screen.....played different contents.....ran break in slides but the line is still there...request inputs if anyone had faced similar problem..

Guess its time to call up Panansonic service center...

My set has developed a problem since yesterday.........a thin vertical line has started appearing at the right hand side of the screen from top till middle of the screen.....played different contents.....ran break in slides but the line is still there...request inputs if anyone had faced similar problem..

Guess its time to call up Panansonic service center...

Guys....Anyone facing a similar issue with 2010 / 11 models.....

Hi .. Can someone tell me what is the power consumption of 50VT20D. Any idea per hour how many units of power will be utilized?

Hi,

I have the VT20 and have a denon 1912 AVR. All of my HT equipments are connected to the AVR and the AVR to the VT20 through HDMI1.4.

I was trying to get my denon 1912 to switch on automatically when I switch on the TV and am not able to do this. Is it possible and if yes, then is it a setting on the VT20 or on the denon 1912 or both?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try the HDMI control function on your AV receiver, only the HDMI connected devices will be switched on/standby using this feature.

Yes, I have switched on the HDMI control. As a matter of fact, when I switch off the TV set, the AVR is going into the standby mode, which is as per what I expect. Its just that when I turn on the TV, the AVR is not switching on.

I have been able to figure out the issue. Had to set the default audio out in my VT20 to Home Cinema (AMP) from the Vierra Link menu. Basically this tells the TV to switch on the AMP and play the audio from the AMP.

Has anyone found a work around to control tv with iPad?

I have vt20, pioneer vsx-1021-k receiver both connected to t-link router bridged to another t-link router connected to netgear modem router.

Cheers

I have a TH-P65VT20R
I searched every where for the firmware update but could not find it. Panasonic support gave me a link to download the firmware update but when I insert the SD card with that firmware it shows error 0013. Which apparently means that the firmware is not for that TV.

Someone please help me! I need TH-P65VT20R firmware update.

I have a TH-P65VT20R
I searched every where for the firmware update but could not find it. Panasonic support gave me a link to download the firmware update but when I insert the SD card with that firmware it shows error 0013. Which apparently means that the firmware is not for that TV.

Someone please help me! I need TH-P65VT20R firmware update.

If TV is working fine why do you want to update the firmware?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Guys,

Are any of the fellow VT20 owners using Videocon D2H or another DTH capable of outputting in 60Hz? If so, do you see any improvement in Black levels and more importantly motion when you switch to 60Hz on the set-top box?

I love my vt20 (and a Tata Sky HD+ box) but the 50 Hz issue is really killing me. Using Motion Interpolation makes it better but it is less than perfect and introduces a lot of artifacts. Incase you haven't heard of the 50 Hz bug, the easiest way to see it (if you want to) is in football matches when the camera pans and the half-way line breaks up into multiple colored lines. This issue is not there when the TV receives 60Hz, hence wanting to check.

Thanks.

Hi Folks
I had bought this set about a year back, have been using occasionally and maybe used for only 800 hours. Last month had watched the IPL and strangely now i see that the MAX logo is faintly showing up there indicating burning! I thought that once the 200 hours or so of break in period was over this TV will not show burn in issues. I can also see the "press" sign which is the indication of some alert for you on Tata Sky.
Can i do something to reduce this? Its quite faint but very surprised to see this. I see a few people reporting this on other forums too

Image retention happens after 200 hours also. Just follow standard anti-IR procedures and the effects will go away. Even watching a lot of TV, especially with no logos will make the IR go away.

Hi Folks
I had bought this set about a year back, have been using occasionally and maybe used for only 800 hours. Last month had watched the IPL and strangely now i see that the MAX logo is faintly showing up there indicating burning! I thought that once the 200 hours or so of break in period was over this TV will not show burn in issues. I can also see the "press" sign which is the indication of some alert for you on Tata Sky.
Can i do something to reduce this? Its quite faint but very surprised to see this. I see a few people reporting this on other forums too

That is the reality of a Plasma, Burn-in still exists eventhough most plasma fanboys will never admit it as they take good care and precautions for their own sets.

That is why LED is the way to go if you are going to watch TV channels most of the time, specially sports matches and news channels, even gaming controls can cause burn-in.

Image retention happens after 200 hours also. Just follow standard anti-IR procedures and the effects will go away. Even watching a lot of TV, especially with no logos will make the IR go away.
I have been searching high and low for the procedure with no luck, please help.

I have been searching high and low for the procedure with no luck, please help.

While you can wait for suggestions from just4kix, you can refer this article.

Fixing Plasma Image Retention | Home Theater

In your case, it seems to be temporary image retention and not burn-in.
Also, I guess you have already taken care of having optimum settings for contrast, brightness, etc. I always used to watch STB/cable channels in zoom mode just to avoid those channel logos.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back