Panasonic VT20 Owners Thread

50VT30 will be priced at nothing less than 1.3-1.4L .Also btw Panasonic has already announced VT50 model !!! I am sure they will dump the remaining VT30's after the launch of VT50.

For all those who are having jarring sound issue, you may try the following to see if it makes a difference-

1. Keep the "Volume Correction" level in sound menu at max. 3
2. Keep the volume of your STP at max 30%

Personaly, I have not experienced any sound distortion so far. In fact, due to width and depth of the TV, stereo separation is excellent for a FP TV. Y'day, kept volume above 40 and bass at +4 in music mode and saw "Kuchh to log kahenge". Avinash Behl's bassy voice was coming out perfect.

AFAIK, any higher level of "Volume Correction" and/or STO volume, results into input volume level increase beyond what the TV's amplifier and speakers are designed to handle.

Hope this helps.

For all those who are having jarring sound issue, you may try the following to see if it makes a difference-

Personaly, I have not experienced any sound distortion so far. In fact, due to width and depth of the TV, stereo separation is excellent for a FP TV. Y'day, kept volume above 40 and bass at +4 in music mode and saw "Kuchh to log kahenge". Avinash Behl's bassy voice was coming out perfect.

AFAIK, any higher level of "Volume Correction" and/or STO volume, results into input volume level increase beyond what the TV's amplifier and speakers are designed to handle.

Hope this helps.

sorry, but could you pls tell whats STP ? vol. correction on my TV was already set to +3. however, with my set, i've noticed the occurence of that jarring sound has dramatically decreased from the day i had started watching content on it. strange :rolleyes:

50VT30 will be priced at nothing less than 1.3-1.4L .Also btw Panasonic has already announced VT50 model !!! I am sure they will dump the remaining VT30's after the launch of VT50.

I know at CES right? Well you you gotta live with what you get dude. And i'm sure they will be spanking new and not the unsold american ones. :lol:

I have a PS3 and Sony home theatre, how best I can connect these with VT20, will Panasonic guys help me out on this. I also need to connect a wireless router. Appreciate some feed back/suggestions

The speakers in the VT20 are also facing downwards and only the subwoofer placed in the bottom center is facing rearwards. There is a whole lot of stuff in between the speakers + the sub and the front of the panel hence the plastic covering on the front has no effect. Then again cutting it did resolve the issue for you so all is well that ends well.

The rattling sound changes when I put my hand on the lower frame in the front where the speakers are supposed to be..........then it hit me :rolleyes:

I still have the plastic scratch guard film on the bevels and when I looked closely, they were wrapped around and over the speaker output grills. All this time I though the speaker openings were downward pointing since thats how I had seen the speakers in the V20D. Took a small scissor and cut off the plastic wrap covering the speaker vents and now the rattling sound is gone and overall sound is much better than before. :yahoo:

Well thats my experience, hope it helps someone else out there. GN

You can ask the helpline to send over a technician to give you a demo of the tv and request the guy who comes to help you out. The installation chap may help you out too. In itself it is a simple matter of connecting the HDMI or the AV component cable.

As for the wireless router there is a detailed & definitive discussion in the early part of this thread, just search this thread and read through the relevant posts.

Last but not the least, do not submit identical posts in different threads. It does not serve any purpose, members will help you out any which way.

I have a PS3 and Sony home theatre, how best I can connect these with VT20, will Panasonic guys help me out on this. I also need to connect a wireless router. Appreciate some feed back/suggestions

Hope this helps.

All i'm saying is.. in your sound setup if everything is set to 60% or lets say 50% that means vol to +50 Bass max is +15 say we keep it at half level +7 treble is also +15 so set treble at +7, roughly 50% the TV speakers shouldnt JARR/RESONATE or RATTLE esp if this tv was selling for 2 lac rupees.

Last edited:
I just Googled and downloaded the first "audio frequency sweep generator" I could find. To get the sound to the TV, I went to control panel and changed the default audio device as HDMI out since the TV is connected to the PC via HDMI cable. Next I set the software to output frequency from 50Hz to 700Hz and later set the upper frequency at about 200Hz. I found that the rattling was happening between 100Hz and 150Hz with volume at about 35 on the TV.

Next I set the frequency at a fixed 120Hz and went over to the TV. The rattling sound changes when I put my hand on the lower frame in the front where the speakers are supposed to be..........then it hit me :rolleyes:

I still have the plastic scratch guard film on the bevels and when I looked closely, they were wrapped around and over the speaker output grills. All this time I though the speaker openings were downward pointing since thats how I had seen the speakers in the V20D. Took a small scissor and cut off the plastic wrap covering the speaker vents and now the rattling sound is gone and overall sound is much better than before. :yahoo:

Well thats my experience, hope it helps someone else out there. GN

Woaah Audio frequency sweep generator is awesome man.. i tried it can now hear the jaar very clearly.. it happens in the LF part 50hz and above. all the higher frequencies are fine.

Just to give ya'll an update on my VT20, The Panasonic service people had called, and they are asking me to send the tv to the service center, they say they will give me a 42 inch tv on standby till then, now i don't feel like giving them the TV just the thought that they might take take the whole tv apart and maybe use it to do their own R&D. But then again i cant deny them the right for service @ their service center.. dunno what to do as of now i have asked them to send me an email regarding the same.. will decide after that.

Which is the 3D glass given with 50VT20 model? what is the best retail price for extra glasses? Do we have any other good alternate?

the only other goggle that would work with the VT20 is panasonic's itself. that retails for 9k. you could wait for 20north to jump back. might take just a day or two. apart from that, i dont think X103 is available locally anywhere in india.

Hi,
just a small query. Any users of vt20, can you let me know what is the jump in electricity bills you have seen after using vt20. I have seen my electricity bills jump about 30 to 35 percent that is around 400 bucks increase for a month with a daily use of appr 6 to 7 hours a day. I have connected the digital stb to tv and in turn hdmi to onkyo. But i rarely use onkyo htib, max 10 hours in a month only while watching bluray or dvd and definetly not for sd. But even in stand by mode and switvh off mode, onkyo htib displays a small word icon "hdmi" on its display. how can this be possible????? my nkyo displaying HDMI on its display in standby mode. how much power does it consume???

Mate, any luck ...........let me know as i dont mind buying a pair for 6k......preferably the old ones (cell operated)

sorry, but i havent bothered to check up on these yet, as am right now fixated upon xpand x103 glasses, of which i've got a quote of INR 4.5k (shipping+customs, all inclusive) from newegg.com, over at erodov. let me know if you too are interested.

first signs of IR on my VT20 :-(
My dad has been watching Times Now daily and today I see the TIMES NOW logo faintly visible even after i change the channel. Any suggestions on how to tackle this issue. I have raised a ticket with panasonic.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back