Panasonic VT20 Owners Thread

Did what was recommended- used the DVD which creates that "noise" and ran it for over 4 hours. Have watched other content also for over 3 hours. No success, but one thing- the logo and letter box image can be seen ONLY on a white background( like when you open windows explorer)
It may have got fainter but cannot make out a large difference. How can it be a burn after 900 hours of viewing? It was the first time though that such a regular usage of a single channel happened. This is quite annoying and frustrating.

Did what was recommended- used the DVD which creates that "noise" and ran it for over 4 hours. Have watched other content also for over 3 hours. No success, but one thing- the logo and letter box image can be seen ONLY on a white background( like when you open windows explorer)
It may have got fainter but cannot make out a large difference. How can it be a burn after 900 hours of viewing? It was the first time though that such a regular usage of a single channel happened. This is quite annoying and frustrating.
IR is not a problem that is prevenlent in the first 200 hours although that is the time when TV is most susceptible. To get IR that is visible on normal TV viewing means that you are watching TV on high contrast/brightness. Do the following and eventually IR will go away:

1. Reduce contrast to 35% and brightness to 45%
2. Watch more TV in full screen mode with logos pushed out of the screen
3. Watch a lot of original movies (DVD and BD)
4. Run vertical scroll bar for 2 hours every day

It will take a little more time but it will go away.

I am using "Plasma Burn In" DVD. I had a similar problem but after using this, The problem has gone. Search the net, you will find the same

Searched the net high and low, finally have the dvd that shows up the pixels( also called noise). What is shocking is this:
I saw Star Cricket for a few hours- barely 2-3 hours and i can see a faint logo of that above the already existing one.
Another weird thing- i put "mute" on tata sky and kept it like for maybe an hour. I see that small circle also showing up. This is all the more shocking as i have watched football etc earlier with the logos there, and nothing happened!
I hope the vertical scroll bars or the "plasma burn in" dvd is the same what i am referring to.

Last edited:
My 50" VT20 went kaput a week ago. One blink Issue. Technician came and after two days checks said it could be the Main Board problem. Later came estimate from the servicing center - Rs.20K. My heart missed a beat!! One fourth cost of the TV!
I bought it in Oct.2011, after some R&D and fellow members' suggestions. Ofcourse it is the reference level. Who can raise a finger against it? No regrets on that front.
But don't we have any alternatives when it comes to board replacements. I saw one board on ebay that is with different number but almost identical and available for Rs.3K!
Should I try my luck or just handover the responibility to the servicing center? Has any one had ( I hope you should not) any experience of this kind with 50VT20?

That is the biggest misery. The card I got conatined warranty for One Year only. I curse my ignorance for not insisting on 3 year warranty.

You can tell panasonic guys that dealer missed to hand over the 3 year warranty card. The policy applies on all TV's sold that year it is not dealer based. Panny guys are well aware of the fact and trying to trick you for 20k..

Try to find a paper add of that year where they mentioned 3 years warranty on all panels. That should be good to fight.

Thank You Kittu. A ray of hope. Will try that. Let me see how things turn up.
Thanks for that lead!
I think back then the default warranty card used to be of 1 year only and one had to call panasonic toll free and they sent a pdf or something for 3 yr warranty.
Even I had bought this TV then but don't remember exact details on what the warranty card had (1 or 3 years). You can search this thread. I remember there were scans uploaded on this or some other thread.

I have a TH-P65VT20R
I searched every where for the firmware update but could not find it. Panasonic support gave me a link to download the firmware update but when I insert the SD card with that firmware it shows error 0013. Which apparently means that the firmware is not for that TV.

Someone please help me! I need TH-P65VT20R firmware update.

You can tell panasonic guys that dealer missed to hand over the 3 year warranty card. The policy applies on all TV's sold that year it is not dealer based. Panny guys are well aware of the fact and trying to trick you for 20k..

Try to find a paper add of that year where they mentioned 3 years warranty on all panels. That should be good to fight.

Kittu, I have the 2nd & 3rd year warrnty card given by the dealer with me. Also an A4 sheet from Panasonic chennai mentioning the 3 year coverage. Do I need anything else to cover up the warranty

Kittu, I have the 2nd & 3rd year warrnty card given by the dealer with me. Also an A4 sheet from Panasonic chennai mentioning the 3 year coverage. Do I need anything else to cover up the warranty

The first document should be enough to claim your warranty. Second makes it even better. :)

H Friends,

Need help, MY P50VT20 has vertical lines issues, Service engineer told me it will get replaced.

Now they are saying that VT 20 is discontinued and insisting me a ET or DT series LED TV which is not as good as VT20 in picture quality. then they asked me to go for 65VT30 and pay the difference which is hify 1.7 Lakhs

I am confused. Please suggest.

Thanks
Pawandeep

I am to reach my 3rd year of ownership now for my 50VT20! not a single issue! had bought a voltage stabilizer frm V-Guard + one belkin gold surge protector alongwith the tV. To annoying relatives, who used to run the TV, mute the sound & used to turn on thier laptop then: - I used to & still use to tell : Boss, watch the content / program/ news on internet- on the computer, but dont touch the panny remote! Phew: it was the first biggest electronics investment afterall! Well the TV is as fine as it was on the day 1. sometime, I ll put the picture in this thread!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back