Panasonics New 2009 line of Plasma and LCD Model Series

Jagat

Panasonics New 2009 line of Plasma and LCD Model Series

Panasonic made a number of HDTV plasma announcements at the 2009 International Consumer Electronics Show earlier this month. Among the highlights: the expansion of its plasma HDTV line to 26 models; new Neo PDP (plasma) panels which consume only 50% of the power of their 2007 models; a new 54 screen size; higher contrast ratios up to 40,000:1 (this is real contrast not dynamic contrast) and deeper blacks (Panasonic calls it Infinite Black Panel).

For more info on this line up read CES 2009: Panasonic’s New Plasma and LCD Model Series HDGURU.Com

I visited the new Panasonic Brand Shop at Dhole Patil Road, Pune last evening.

The guy from Panasonic India office in Chennai who was helping setup the new showroom informed me that the Viera 2009 series (G10 , X10 ... ?) should be available by mid June 2009 in their brand shops around the country. I guess members from Chennai will get to see these sooner than the rest of us as the consignments would land in Chennai!

He also indicated that there were new DVD players expected with HDMI and USB support.

I'll be watching their website closely for any updates as I'm looking to buy a 42 inch plasma for my living room.

TVs: VIERA Plasma TV & LCD TV | Digital AV | Panasonic India

Brand Shops:Panasonic Brand Shops

--Bhuvan.

I called up the Panasonic India head office today (Chennai number) and they had no clue about any upcoming Viera models. Either I got somebody very dumb on the phone or Panasonic forgot about India this year.

I had asked about the 2009 launches in the Panasonic showroom in G.N Chetty road and was told there aren't any this year!!!

thanks for the updates guys. seems like, not so good news about panasonic office in chennai having no clues! i wish i had noted down that guys contact details(whom i met in their new pune brand shop).

would be great if others can try to get confirmation on new releases this summer/year of the plasma range. at least this would help the "fence sitters" like me who are delaying thier buying decisions.

i would be surprized they have nothing new to launch along with a new advt. campaign!

Last edited:
thanks for the updates guys. seems like, not so good news about panasonic office in chennai having no clues! i wish i had noted down that guys contact details(whom i met in their new pune brand shop).

would be great if others can try to get confirmation on new releases this summer/year of the plasma range. at least this would help the "fence sitters" like me who are delaying thier buying decisions.

i would be surprized they have nothing new to launch along with a new advt. campaign!

Hi. I have confirmed information about Panasonic introducing new models for Plasma and LCD in August. There's a shop in Chennai called JD Electronics. These people have confirmed about new models launch in August. The new ones are definitely less power consuming and more advanced than the existing ones. Needless to mentioned, a little dearer too.

Last edited:
Thanks adder, really needed your views on new models.
Other than reg features, what is main differences between all series?

Panals r mostly IPS alpha.How to get proper LCD?

Sony & Pany are on my list, Pany is better for price & performance, so pls give your opinion..

Thanks.

updates:

I found few rev on whatshifi & amazon,

LCD and Plasma TV reviews and Best Buys - from the experts at whathifi.com
Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Panasonic TX-L32S10 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back