Panel problem with my Samsung UA405500 please advise

Ragb123

I bought a new samsung UA405500RR led tv in 2011 December from Hyderabad samsung store, I thought it would last alteast for 5-6 years and did not opt for extended warranty. Now after usage of 18 months tv panel is showing up black strips on screen , samsung support guys say that panel must be replaced and would cost Rs24000 . Iam confused please advise whether to replace panel, or go for new television , what are good options if I go for new tv in 40"-46" sizes. Thanks for your time and views

Last edited:
I wud get the panel replaced... And lesson is go for extended warranty next time when u buy a tv...

Same thing happened with my D550 51" plasma bought in May, 2011. Samsung guys are asking Rs.33,000 for screen replacement for which they are not going to give any warranty. In my opinion, it is better to buy a new tv and take extended warranty.

I bought a new samsung UA405500RR led tv in 2011 December from Hyderabad samsung store, I thought it would last alteast for 5-6 years and did not opt for extended warranty. Now after usage of 18 months tv panel is showing up black strips on screen , samsung support guys say that panel must be replaced and would cost Rs24000 . Iam confused please advise whether to replace panel, or go for new television , what are good options if I go for new tv in 40"-46" sizes. Thanks for your time and views

Don't go for panel replacement, replacement panel won't have warranty of more than 6 months. Post that if it konks off again you would be stuck.
Better to invest in a new TV. If Plasma fits your bill you can get the 43" model for under 43k.

Sorry for slightly Off Topic. I am seeing 'samsung' board/screen problem much more often compared to other brands like sony/pana.

One of distant uncle who is in Samsung advises to go for Samsung with extended warranty and you will never regret paying those extras.

Don't go for panel replacement, replacement panel won't have warranty of more than 6 months. Post that if it konks off again you would be stuck.
Better to invest in a new TV. If Plasma fits your bill you can get the 43" model for under 43k.

I agree. It's always better to get a new TV in this case. a New 40" model from LG/Samsung would be around 45-58. So, technically you are going to spend half of that on getting a panel. Doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back