PHILIPS 29: HDTV ready CRT TV

prakasse

Hi folks,

One of my friend is selling philips 29PT8836 CRT TV. (100Hz, HD ready (upto 1080i only through component input, does NOT have HDMI) HDTV ready tv.

Philips Support - 29PT8836/94

Anyone is suing this TV? He is quoting 12K for 2 yrs old tv(purchased for 23K). How much should one pay for it this?

Thanks,
Prakash

Yes, I am using this TV, bought around one and a half years ago.

The price I think is okay, maybe you can go 1K further down.

The TV itself is very good, very good contrast (better than any Plasma I have seen). Unfortunately, it does not have HDMI and with the component, you can't get anything above 576p using a normal DVD player (upscaling needs HDMI, there are exceptions, but those DVD players are not available in India). This res is actually enough I would think for this TV. I think with the Playstation thingie you can get higher resolutions.

TV viewing is an absolute pleasure with the 100hz thing.

Do read up these reviews.

Sam's Web Log: High Definition TV

Philips 29PT8836/94 Review, Philips 29PT8836/94 Price, India, Philips 29PT8836/94 Accessories, 29PT8836 29" CRT HD Amazing.... - MouthShut.com

They are written by the same guy.

Last edited:
Hi

I bought this tv 2 years back, I was replaced twice within a week because of faulty products, The third one also got some minute problem which the authorised service centre could not rectify.

Thank God,
Finally I had to go for a consumer case and get my money back.

If this TV is very good TV why all the 3 had problems in it. And I don't know how this costly TV get out of the production lines, which are faulty.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back