Philips 50" tv model 50PUT6604/94 dead pixels along screen edge

SR71

I bought a Philips 50" 4K tv model 50PUT6604/94 in November 2020 during the Flipkart sale.

When I received the tv I thoroughly checked it for screen defects and there were none. Today after 3 months I found around 7 dead pixels which are concentrated on the left vertical edge.

From normal viewing distance these dead pixels are not visible. However I am concerned about the quality of panel considering the dead pixels are concentrated in a particular edge.

Also when Amazon firestick 4k boots up showing the white screen with smiling logo,red pixels briefly flash on top left side of tv.

The tv was handled carefully during the unboxing and installation. The screen was not subject to any pressure as far as I know. I am not using a voltage stabilizer with the tv.

Is it wise to contact the Philips customer care and invoke warranty claim?

I bought a Philips 50" 4K tv model 50PUT6604/94 in November 2020 during the Flipkart sale.

When I received the tv I thoroughly checked it for screen defects and there were none. Today after 3 months I found around 7 dead pixels which are concentrated on the left vertical edge.

From normal viewing distance these dead pixels are not visible. However I am concerned about the quality of panel considering the dead pixels are concentrated in a particular edge.

Also when Amazon firestick 4k boots up showing the white screen with smiling logo,red pixels briefly flash on top left side of tv.

The tv was handled carefully during the unboxing and installation. The screen was not subject to any pressure as far as I know. I am not using a voltage stabilizer with the tv.

Is it wise to contact the Philips customer care and invoke warranty claim?
Your warranty will cover even if there is no voltage stabilizer. Contact Phillips. The tvs lately are supposed to withstand positrons accelerated to near light speed levels in a large hadron collider particle accelerator or a tokamak straight from hades. They have switch mode power supply to stand guard. But practically it is an issue post warranty and extended warranty and therefore you should have a stabilizer eventually.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back