philips 8 in driver

I have seen a pair of HQ 8 inch driver here in Baroda (used).

May I know how you want to use it?

philips has been taken over by BOSTON INTERNATIONAL and we do get hi q speakers. They are identical to the original hi q s. The same forum has discussions about the driver and it can be easily found by googling. I am presently using the bostons and its really worth every penny.

philips has been taken over by BOSTON INTERNATIONAL and we do get hi q speakers. They are identical to the original hi q s. The same forum has discussions about the driver and it can be easily found by googling. I am presently using the bostons and its really worth every penny.

Tnvijay
Can you please tell the sources to get those drivers. At Hyderabad / Mumbai / Pune.

I also saw drivers branded as Pulz (Pulz is Indian manufaturar of Amps speakers, mumbai based. In many movie halls I saw their installations)

The build, look, design was exactly like Philips drivers. So anyone have clue in this direction. OR any experience of Pulz

Thanks

Pulz cant be compared to old Holland Philips Drivers.

Trust me I have a pair of original Philips Holland 12 drivers and even the 8 inch dual cone drivers from 1974.

Yes it is true that Philips has stopped making drivers and other Hi-Fi audio components such as their legendary universal preamp kit almost a decade back...now their into lighting and making midrange DVD 5.1 systems....

If your are lucky you will be able to find some new old stock OR get some good deal on some Philips Hi-Q Internationals speakers in Choor Bazaar...Those came in a 8 inch and also a dual 8 inch full range that is if you really wanna hear how the actual Philips sound like :)

BTW Lamington Road has stopped selling Philips drivers since the early 2000s :lol:

Thanks,
Ethan.

Beware some of the used hifi vendors , take help of local winders to refit old damaged speakers with junk cone and coils (same as that used to repair autowallas audio systems )

If any one buying , buy from old gentleman who kept the system himself

Pulz cant be compared to old Holland Philips Drivers.

Trust me I have a pair of original Philips Holland 12 drivers and even the 8 inch dual cone drivers from 1974.

Yes it is true that Philips has stopped making drivers and other Hi-Fi audio components such as their legendary universal preamp kit almost a decade back...now their into lighting and making midrange DVD 5.1 systems....

If your are lucky you will be able to find some new old stock OR get some good deal on some Philips Hi-Q Internationals speakers in Choor Bazaar...Those came in a 8 inch and also a dual 8 inch full range that is if you really wanna hear how the actual Philips sound like :)

BTW Lamington Road has stopped selling Philips drivers since the early 2000s :lol:

Thanks,
Ethan.

Philips sold their Speakers manufacturing division to Boston Acostics , evantually Boston Acostics became part of D&M holdings ( Denon & Marantz)

Premium Sound Solutions Private Limited

Indian factory still there and you can still get 8 inch brand new full range co axial woofers...

Thanks everyone managed to purchase two Philips hi q international speakers.

Attachments

• 20150328_153620.jpg
    20150328_153620.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 149
Philips sold their Speakers manufacturing division to Boston Acostics , evantually Boston Acostics became part of D&M holdings ( Denon & Marantz)

Premium Sound Solutions Private Limited

Indian factory still there and you can still get 8 inch brand new full range co axial woofers...

Yes its true I heard you can still get 8 inch fill range drivers brand new ...In face
last month when I visited Banglore i found an audio shop selling them...First I thought they were NOS but on closer inspection if found they have a lot of minor differences compared to the original on like the cone is more thicker and rigid so i have doubts on the sensitivity also the was a cheap type matted power coat finish...Color cone was black while the 70's ones had a light to dark brown color finish...
When I heard one of em play it sounded rather dull and cheap like those Rs.150 Queena Drivers we get here in Lamington Road for PA use..But yes they were Philips branded...

Thanks everyone managed to purchase two Philips hi q international speakers.

Well Done :clapping: They are a set of fine speakers made by the Indian Division in early the 70's...They are a bit low powered for its time but are highly sensitive and sound lovely when paired with a tube amp...

They are a bit low powered for its time but are highly sensitive and sound lovely when paired with a tube amp...

+1 to the last part above.
They are sounding correct, apt for my room, efficient of course and with presence for a superb imaging.
I am going to buy one set more that I found in the Rajmahal road here in Baroda. The set is used one but in good condition.

Current one was used one as well.
I am playing them in open baffle.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back