Philips AF-729 turntable

Maxvector9

Hi,

I recently bought a AF-729 turntable mark 2. However is has a problem that when the circular disks covering the mechanics is placed on the player, this small amount of pressure causes the player to not be able to stop turning. When I try to place the needle to the end position with the disks removed, it does stop playing automatically.

What could be causing this problem? I have a hunch the part I'm pointing at in the image isn't able to push hard enough. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_161825.jpg
    IMG_20220501_161825.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 22
I understand that English may not be your first language. But hey, It's not mine either.
From your post it is not clear what the problem you are facing is, and when
Are you
1. Facing issue getting the platter to stop (In that case - when?)
OR
2. Facing issues with the platter getting up to and maintaining speed?
OR
3. Something else ?

Hi,

I recently bought a AF-729 turntable mark 2. However is has a problem that when the circular disks covering the mechanics is placed on the player, this small amount of pressure causes the player to not be able to stop turning. When I try to place the needle to the end position with the disks removed, it does stop playing automatically.

What could be causing this problem? I have a hunch the part I'm pointing at in the image isn't able to push hard enough. Any thoughts?
What I understand from your post is that you are facing a problem of auto stop mechanism with your tt platter & it works fine without the platter. If it is so, then your platter is putting a break to the auto stop mechanism. Just look carefully & try to identify the part I think you will be able to rectify the same.

What I understand from your post is that you are facing a problem of auto stop mechanism with your tt platter & it works fine without the platter. If it is so, then your platter is putting a break to the auto stop mechanism. Just look carefully & try to identify the part I think you will be able to rectify the same.
Hi, thanks for your response. However it doesn't seem to be a mechanical part stopping the system from stopping, it just seems like the system is very delicate so the extra weight causes the mechanics in the whole system to slightly change their angle...and hence not work properly.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back