Picking a Plasma: Panasonic TH-P50ST50D or Samsung PS51E8000

Can any one suggest which Television is best whether Plasma or LED as there is an offer in Metro on Panasonic Plasma 50 inches for 59990. I am confused to choose between.

Can any one suggest which Television is best whether Plasma or LED as there is an offer in Metro on Panasonic Plasma 50 inches for 59990. I am confused to choose between.

There are few other threads (and many other websites) which talks extensively about Plasma vs LED. Both has it's own advantages and disadvantages. So it would be better to look at it and decide on what suits you the most.

Can anyone please tell me if the 51E8000 has a 15 amp power plug or normal 5amp plug? IIRC last year the 51D550 had a 15 amp plug.

this year sammy are with bigger power plug 16 amp wala......panasionic is normal 5 amp wala......

to onlydude.....online is best and unbeatable for a purchase...except a tv due to its fragility....well they change it in case anything happens but lots of hassle....tv should be bought locally......

Can anyone please tell me if the 51E8000 has a 15 amp power plug or normal 5amp plug? IIRC last year the 51D550 had a 15 amp plug.

As started above, Samsung plasmas come with 15A plug even when not necessary. Use a converter socket. 5A is sufficient.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Pioneer kuro was(and still is) a reference plasma.After Panasonic bought the Pioneer plasma manufacturing unit, it is very much possible that the kuro engineers expertise would have been put into the panasonic plasmas.

This is a guess and does not help the OP as its just your opinion. Also the Panny st and gt series seem to be having some issues in colour reproduction and banding (search the forums).

That leaves Samsung followed by LG.

Thanks prosenjit and just4kix!

from specs: Typical Power Consumption 198 watts, which is less than 1 Amp

I can't figure out why they provide a 15/16A plug.

For Bangalooru,

Lowest Sams 51E8000 at Devi 91k - Techy.

Lowest Pana 42GT at Devi 83k - Kartik. (w/o printer)

Lowest Pana 50GT at Devi 96.5k - Naren.

Feel free to correct on info.

No stock in Pune. Few at Mumbai.

It looks I was late in the game to pick up 51e8000 for myself :) There are no stocks at least in Hyderabad and and they are also not accepting orders on this model.

It seems the message from Samsung head office is that this model is stopped/discontinued. Not sure how right is it but got the same answer from all shops including Samsung plaza.

Bit disappointed as I thought it was a good VFM! Looks like Panasonic ST/GT does not want to leave me. But the Panasonic offer is not tempting. Guess, I am back to square one and thinking of delaying the buy for now!

Last edited:
even I have come across the same hurdle... as the discussion I had with samsung ppl , they are looking at concentrating only certain geography areas for plasma.. WHile 64 Inch beast is available... 51 inch is very rarely available...

My contact from Samsung BLR says, fresh stocks will only arrive after Nov 20th! I was also told that to get the tab offer, one has to buy the TV on or before Nov 18th & complete the installation/submit the invoice copy by Nov 22nd.

Personally, the TAB is a waste for me. Prefer BD player.

Would have converted to something useful as Klix has done.

As new TV will come , Me thinks prices would drop.

Hope for better, Next step is new year or end of year sale.

Personally, the TAB is a waste for me. Prefer BD player.

Would have converted to something useful as Klix has done.

As new TV will come , Me thinks prices would drop.

Hope for better, Next step is new year or end of year sale.

It was a waste for me as well ... but got 16.5k for it from ebay .... so i m supppperrrr happy now .... my 83k just got wayyyy cheaper ....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My contact from Samsung BLR says, fresh stocks will only arrive after Nov 20th! I was also told that to get the tab offer, one has to buy the TV on or before Nov 18th & complete the installation/submit the invoice copy by Nov 22nd.

Kohinoor in andheri west mumbai has stocks ....

It was a waste for me as well ... but got 16.5k for it from ebay .... so i m supppperrrr happy now .... my 83k just got wayyyy cheaper ....

It's good to know that you got around 16.5k from ebay. I think that's cool deal.

I along with my friend also want to sell it.
Right now I am getting quote of around 15k from shop and office colleague.

Back