Pioneer KRP TV owners - help requested

murali

Those who own Pioneer KRP series plasma TVs which come with a separate tuner box, can you please share your experiences in connecting any terrestrial TV broadcast to the box? I believe you need to use SCART cables. I have only Asianet's separate set top box (decoder) which I don't think can be connected direct though the TV's tuner has built in decoders for several satellite broadcasts of Europe.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
murali

^ it is a 500m with media receiver and the best tv on the planet as of today for HD and one of the best for SD.

It has HDMI, Component and RCA input in the media receiver to which you can connect your set top box or any other media player just like any other flat screen tv.The media receiver wont work here in India cause it requires a smart card.

The steps u needs to follow:

connect your set top box to the media reciever input(rca,hdmi or component).

switch to the respective video channel(where you've connected the set top box) uing the channel or av button in remote.

you must be all set.

the audio from your set top box can be given into the audio input of the media box or to any other receiver if you want to.

Scart is an European standard input similar to DVI which has no use here in India.The system cable out from the media receiver has to go into the input of the monitor.

You may also want to read the manual as it is impossible to set up the kuro to its potential without doing the same.

How much did you buy it for?

^ it is a 500m with media receiver and the best tv on the planet as of today for HD and one of the best for SD.

It has HDMI, Component and RCA input in the media receiver to which you can connect your set top box or any other media player just like any other flat screen tv.The media receiver wont work here in India cause it requires a smart card.

The steps u needs to follow:

connect your set top box to the media reciever input(rca,hdmi or component).

switch to the respective video channel(where you've connected the set top box) uing the channel or av button in remote.

you must be all set.

the audio from your set top box can be given into the audio input of the media box or to any other receiver if you want to.

Scart is an European standard input similar to DVI which has no use here in India.The system cable out from the media receiver has to go into the input of the monitor.

You may also want to read the manual as it is impossible to set up the kuro to its potential without doing the same.

How much did you buy it for?

Thanks for your inputs. My set is a KRP-500A and not 500M. I looked at all the 9th generation models like 500A, 500M, 600A, 5090H, 6090H before deciding on the 500A. The 500M is called a monitor whereas the 500A is called HDTV (these are Pioneer's definitions) which I found one of the best value buys. It comes with a separate tuner box (almost like a A/V receiver) with all connections there. The plasma panel is only 64 mm thick and has just two connections, a power connection and the system cable connection from the box. All the rest go to the box. The 500M has no separate tuner box (that is why they call it monitor). I got a decent deal for the 500A with side speakers and table stand (all come separate) totalling about US$3,200. Of course, freight plus duties extra when I sent it to India.

cheers.
murali

Thanks for your inputs. My set is a KRP-500A and not 500M.

I know that KRP-500A is called an HDTV and 500M is a monitor.

What i meant in my post was that the 500A is nothing but a 500M with the media receiver.

I have experienced almost all the models of the kuro so i am quite familiar with the information you've given in your post.

What was the total cost inclusive of customs and landing here in india?

where are you located at?

You can add another 40% towards freight and duty I paid through door-to-door delivery from Middle East to my home in Cochin, packed in wooden box etc etc.

The local dealer here has a couple of KRP-500A as well as 5090H and 6090H. The latter was so tempting as the ultimate TV but I didn't go for it for two reasons - almost double the price over the 50" 500A and high power consumption.

I hope I made the right choice as next month I am coming home and expect to assemble and install the whole thing.

cheers.
murali

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back