Any owners of Pioneer Kuro???

murali

I would like to find out more information on performance, settings etc of Pioneer Kuro TV's, one (KRP-500P) of which I am fortunate to own. Anyone owning any Kuro here???

Thanks in advance.
murali

Did Pioneer ever open its shop in India for Kuro plasma? I guess, most people will have imported sets.

KRP500 is a brilliant TV for HD, has amazing motion(without soap opera effect when played from a proper 24p source) and colors and blacks without black crush or green tint, the better the source the better it excels in displaying the picture. SD on KRP500 will not be as good as the new gen Samsung or Panasonic plasma.

IF you use the tv only for HD movies then nothing like it, enjoy the TV :)

Thanks for the responses. I am a bit surprised that no owner has responded yet. I got it from a dealer in Bangalore who imported from Singapore and supplied to me.
I also own a Panasonic plasma, have seen several others including the latest LCDs and LEDs. Nothing ever comes close to the Kuro on black level. It is wonderful to watch, especially with Oppo blu-ray player with full HD.
The nearest that comes to Kuro is a Philips 22:9 LCD TV I happened to see till a year ago bit it looks to have vanished from the market. The Philips I saw was far superior to all those Sony and Samsung LCDs. Some recent Sharp LCDs also look great.
Anyway I hope my Pioneer will last for a few years though there are still some coming around asking for a resale which I don't think I will do.

cheers.
murali

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back