Pioneer PD-4100

chris05gto

Hi, I just bought a pioneer pd-4100, it was suppose to have worked when shipped. When I tried it out it would not, I heard something loose inside so I opened the case and found this clear round piece. What is it and where does it go? And would it keep the cd player from working?
Thanks, Chris

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 101
Hi, I just bought a pioneer pd-4100, it was suppose to have worked when shipped. When I tried it out it would not, I heard something loose inside so I opened the case and found this clear round piece. What is it and where does it go? And would it keep the cd player from working?
Thanks, Chris

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/Blu-ray/site1/ps3diode-images/kes400ao-t.jpg

Looks like your CD player's objective lens came off. Your CD player won't work unless you repair it's optical pickup.

Thanks, Chris

Yes, the lens has fallen off. Try fixing it back on the laser transport ensuring that the lens stays clear. If it does not work, then you'd have to replace the laser transport. I think your player uses the PWY1010 Laser Transport.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back