Planning for Two Subwoofers, budget 50K Max - Suggestions please..

elangoas

Hi All,

Looking for two subwoofers.. From general reading, it looks like two subwoofer is better than one..

- Prefer to skip the established brands.
- Looking for VFM products.
- Depending on how good the deal is, would decide to go for online (or) Grey market route.
- Sort of blind buy.
- Remote control, high level inputs not required.
- 10 Inch preferred.
- Maximum budget of 50K.

Room size : 14Wx 11D feet

Placement - will be placed along 14 feet wide front wall, or if it demands better placement, will workaround better places..

Something that am interested in Taga harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer. It is aval in hifimart for 28K..Grey market might be slightly lesser..

Some Specs

Design: Bassreflex subwoofer, auto on/off,25mm thick MDF TLIE cabinet
Bass Driver: 255mm (10) 2 x ?156 magnet,polypropylene cone, THAW, TSAC
Frequency Response: 20Hz-200Hz
Amplifier Power: 175W RMS / 550W Dynamic Peak, THCA
Dimensions (H x W x D): 43 x 35 x 41 cm (incl. feet)
Weight (net): 26.5kg pc. / 28.4kg pc. (High Gloss)

But am not very sure abt the Freq resp from the above specs.. The video of the product says 30hz - 200Hz.

If there are any products that are worth considering in this budget, please suggest here and i will do some googling on the product..

For a 14x11 room, you will be much much better off with a single 10" sub
It's a pain as is to match the phase and delay on a single good sub, in all likelihood, you will end up getting mediocre to poor results with two low end subs with possible phase cancellations and added reverberation

Unfortunately the audition of Taga Harmony products are rare .

Yes.. Will try for an audition in Chennai dealer in Parrys corner..

For a 14x11 room, you will be much much better off with a single 10" sub.It's a pain as is to match the phase and delay on a single good sub, in all likelihood, you will end up getting mediocre to poor results with two low end subs with possible phase cancellations and added reverberation

Me too not sure on this.. Most articles on the net, suggest two subs are better than one, because it evens the response across the room..

Think smoother response with two subs is "Better" than one sub that can go "Deeper" is what is more evident from articles on the net, with some conclusive tests too..

Understand that if two Subs were used ,it's life may increase due to lesser strain .also bass management will be smoother and spread across entire room. Now if that's the thing in case if I want to add one more sub .do I need to stick to the same brand and model? For frequency matching etc. Somebody can clarify this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Understand that if two Subs were used ,it's life may increase due to lesser strain .also bass management will be smoother and spread across entire room. Now if that's the thing in case if I want to add one more sub .do I need to stick to the same brand and model? For frequency matching etc. Somebody can clarify this

I think adding one more sub of the same model would be great, as it should have the same freq resp too..

I have heard sw10 two times......first in what hifi mumbai....it sounded very good....had the punch....
2) at Mz audio bandra showroom....heard music...it blended perfectly with the speakers and again...loved it

Definitely a good buy

Hi

The SW10 has a nice compact finish...yes has the punch....quite heavy in weight...

Somehow it is quite close to a 12 inch sub performance ..decent enough...

Hi

The SW10 has a nice compact finish...yes has the punch....quite heavy in weight...

I have read your review on BIC America products in other thread..Any idea on the models and its pricing?

Two subs would be definitely better than one, It's been discussed at length few yrs ago on audioholics

http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-setup/two-subs

I'm still doubtful about the additive benefits though, I've mostly heard two subs at audition rooms, but couldn't find a starking difference though. Probably, carefully calibrated rooms make a difference, I have few concerns of my own.
1. If two subs are of same model, the frequency response in certain frequencies will remain deficient..
2. Instead, combining a sub good for movies and another good for music would be more practical I think.

Planning to get a SVS SW currently, or buy two cheaper Subs like two Samson Media one or Polk Sw125 or Boston acoustic subs? Bit confused.

Two subs would be definitely better than one, It's been discussed at length few yrs ago on audioholics

Are Two Subwoofers Better than One? | Audioholics

Thanks.. That was a very good video..

I'm still doubtful about the additive benefits though, I've mostly heard two subs at audition rooms, but couldn't find a starking difference though. Probably, carefully calibrated rooms make a difference, I have few concerns of my own.
1. If two subs are of same model, the frequency response in certain frequencies will remain deficient..
2. Instead, combining a sub good for movies and another good for music would be more practical I think.

In the same video, they mentioned that two subs of the same model preferably is better..

Planning to get a SVS SW currently, or buy two cheaper Subs like two Samson Media one or Polk Sw125 or Boston acoustic subs? Bit confused.

Think you need to go 2 sub...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

When I moved from HTIB to separates
My Onkyo active sub was lying idle so connected along my Velodyne Impact12 with Denon 3100.
To me it was like hearing thru a blanket,muddy didn't suit well.
Am happy with single sub (vi12)

TT

Hi

Since our one of the most knowledgeable member efernand has said it.....It should be very good

I have heard sw10 two times......first in what hifi mumbai....it sounded very good....had the punch....
2) at Mz audio bandra showroom....heard music...it blended perfectly with the speakers and again...loved it

Definitely a good buy

Does it go deep also?

When I moved from HTIB to separates
My Onkyo active sub was lying idle so connected along my Velodyne Impact12 with Denon 3100.
To me it was like hearing thru a blanket,muddy didn't suit well.
Am happy with single sub (vi12)

Since it was a HTIB sub with a Very good sub, the difference was very evident for you..

May be 2 x Velodyne impact 12 should be even better

Hi elangoas,

The BIC America sub is quite good and I believe is much much better than a Taga.

I have heard them as demo for What HiFi show, heard them at avenue sound and also the demo from the seller.....

Avenue Sound is selling the H100ii and F12s well above the 40k mark ...it comes with 7 years warranty.....earlier a year back it was costing somewhere around 34-37k.

I did hear the 8 inch sub which comes with the DV32s (venture series ) and it was not happening....infact the sub which comes with the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS cubes is much better.

The Boston ASW 250 is good....the ASW 650 is awesome but no more available, infact the Taga SW 10 reminded me of the ASW650. The ASW650 from a performance perspective is a noch better than the Taga.

Thanks.. That was a very good video..

In the same video, they mentioned that two subs of the same model preferably is better..

Think you need to go 2 sub...

It is a bit old article, I dont know how relevant it is now with newer receivers and drivers. I was Planning to get a SVS PB1000 now and add a SB1000 later to have the best of both worlds , But, the more I researched it , I'm Convinced on buying two identical SUBS instead of what common sense would decide.

I definitely don't have the space for two Pb 1000 in my listening room, So Any suggestions for small yet Powerful Sub below 30 k?

This is the original article from where everyone has quoted a reference

Subwoofers: 4, 2, or 1? | Sound & Vision

The things get complicated a lot for accurately placing two SUBS, The article on connecting two Subs (there is link on the article mentioned below on the same site) is too technical for a person like me.

Stereo Subwoofers: Why Every Man Needs Two

Even the Audioholics end the discussion Preferring by 'listen and decide' instead of 'measure and decide' so subjective opinion matters I think ( which I can do , trust my own ears instead of SPL meters)

People using two Subs in their setup can give a more better outlook I believe...

Avenue Sound is selling the H100ii and F12s well above the 40k mark ...it comes with 7 years warranty.....earlier a year back it was costing somewhere around 34-37k.

The Boston ASW 250 is good....the ASW 650 is awesome but no more available, infact the Taga SW 10 reminded me of the ASW650. The ASW650 from a performance perspective is a noch better than the Taga.

Thanks.. Anything more than 25K online (or) grey market, i would give it a miss..

It is a bit old article, I dont know how relevant it is now with newer receivers and drivers. I was Planning to get a SVS PB1000 now and add a SB1000 later to have the best of both worlds , But, the more I researched it , I'm Convinced on buying two identical SUBS instead of what common sense would decide.

I think it still holds good.. With Digital room correction, it should only get better.. Or it should be even better with sub EQ feature...

I definitely don't have the space for two Pb 1000 in my listening room, So Any suggestions for small yet Powerful Sub below 30 k?

Think you already have Samson Media one sub in place.. Best would be to get an other sub of the same brand... Don't know how much is the cost? You get the benefit of 2 subs with minimum budget.. If it is good, then you can sell both and plan an upgrade later with better performing subs...

This is the original article from where everyone has quoted a reference

Subwoofers: 4, 2, or 1? | Sound & Vision

The things get complicated a lot for accurately placing two SUBS, The article on connecting two Subs (there is link on the article mentioned below on the same site) is too technical for a person like me.

Yes.. There are some terms difficult to comprehend.. Never mind.. If it is two subs, best placement is in the front corners or mid wall placement..

Stereo Subwoofers: Why Every Man Needs Two

Even the Audioholics end the discussion Preferring by 'listen and decide' instead of 'measure and decide' so subjective opinion matters I think ( which I can do , trust my own ears instead of SPL meters)

Even audioholics have tested 2 subs in living room than their dedicated HT Room, which is good as most of us would be using it in Living room..

People using two Subs in their setup can give a more better outlook I believe...

Yes.. Looking forward to it..

Back