Planning for Two Subwoofers, budget 50K Max - Suggestions please..

Don't bother with DIY for powered subwoofer, they somehow don't sound half as good

How can you justify that diy powered subwoofer sound half as good to the
branded ones.

Infact diy subs (sealed or ported) with proper knowledge about its electric measurements (t/s specs) measured or ready ones and designing the box accordingly can beat any branded subs by double of its performance and mind you at lesser cost.

You can easily build 2 subs if needed to the cost of 1 branded sub for better performance.

regards
r/s.

Hi, I'm not in India currently. Have not auditioned any subs yet. But, they said dual Roarr 210 setup is available for demo currently in Volumate.

On an other thread, there was a FM who had got BIC America F12 sub for 14k from amazon.com and it look like it is 240V.. Check this thread - http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...but-b6-pair-c5-bic-america-f12-subwoofer.html

If you can manage to get something like that, you may have 2 subs for lil more than half of your budget..

two subs is always a great feature to have in place.
Elango - why don't you go for svs pb1000 now and add 1 more a year later ?

branded ones.

Infact diy subs (sealed or ported) with proper knowledge about its electric measurements (t/s specs) measured or ready ones and designing the box accordingly can beat any branded subs by double of its performance and mind you at lesser cost.

You can easily build 2 subs if needed to the cost of 1 branded sub for better performance.

regards
r/s.
Sorry if you felt my comments slightly rude but, I was just stating my experience and I'm fully aware that people can have different experiences , I've tried a couple of DIY subs made locally 2 years ago, costed around 10 - 12k that time mostly branded components were used, though I don't remember the exact details, they sounded awful . Even my research on Dual vs single Sub was also done during that time when I was buying a Sub for a senior colleague of mine. The person who's currently pestering me to sell my Jamo 360 to him is also suffering from a DIY sub, (my Jamo sub ~5+yrs has developed an audible hum and distortion at volume >50%, Which the buyer feels is still much better than his DIY sub) . I do agree that, it all depends on experience and passion of the DIY-er & I'm not a technical person, I had to rely on local technicians.

BTW I'm open to the idea, if you can share your experience & help us with the individual components lists, we can assemble one and see. Please post the pictures of your DIY sub and relevant acoustic measurements and tips if possible.

Sorry if you felt my comments slightly rude but, I was just stating my experience and I'm fully aware that people can have different experiences , I've tried a couple of DIY subs made locally 2 years ago, costed around 10 - 12k that time mostly branded components were used, though I don't remember the exact details, they sounded awful . Even my research on Dual vs single Sub was also done during that time when I was buying a Sub for a senior colleague of mine. The person who's currently pestering me to sell my Jamo 360 to him is also suffering from a DIY sub, (my Jamo sub ~5+yrs has developed an audible hum and distortion at volume >50%, Which the buyer feels is still much better than his DIY sub) . I do agree that, it all depends on experience and passion of the DIY-er & I'm not a technical person, I had to rely on local technicians.

BTW I'm open to the idea, if you can share your experience & help us with the individual components lists, we can assemble one and see. Please post the pictures of your DIY sub and relevant acoustic measurements and tips if possible.

Yes you are right being a DIY needs lot of technical knowledge and also the right skills to design/tune the box to make them sound to perfection,referring to sub box buidling you have to first study its electrical parameters either ready ones or measured and designing the box accordingly.

Choosing the sub brand is the first most important thing,local made and box build without correct dimensions will sound scrape,in india only peerless is the most trusted brand,imported you have dayton,jbl,tangband etc.

I have built my own sub used peerless 12in with matching plate amp,you can
see my thread for pics and measurements,they sound great,planning to build 2nd sub of the same brand and design.

regarding 2 subs.
2 subs are always better than 1, purely because of Room modes. every room has a null or peak and by adding 2 subs in opposing corners of the room helps eliminate the null or peak in the room . So irrespective where you are in the room . the bass will sound even . So basically smoothening the sound in the room irrespective which part of the room you are in . In fact 4 sub would be even better . But that's going over the top.
Adding the second sub does not double the output- the overall output will increase by 3db only.

r.s

branded ones.

regards
r/s.

+1 to that.

Hi,

Just noticed that HifiMart has increased the prices for Taga subs

TSW 200
SW 10

Guess there is good response for the same.

Hi,

Just noticed that HifiMart has increased the prices for Taga subs

TSW 200
SW 10

Guess there is good response for the same.

Oh yeah.. The sub model that i was looking for has gone up by 3K :eek:hyeah:

Never mind, there is always a way to get to the product...

Hi,

I am trying to get a deal on Taga subs....most likely the sw 10 and Tsw 200.

Checking to see if we can get a group buy through one of my sources with the warranty.

If it materialises, I will let you know.

Hi,

Further update:

I have negotiated a good rate which includes delivery pan india + warranty.

Minimum quantity is 5 subs.....so please PM me for further details if interested in Taga SW 10 or TSW 200.

Hi

Received some PMs from interested members...

Once I have the required quorum of 5/6 , I can then proceed to execute this deal.

The deal includes warranty and courier delivery ...the price is very competitive....

For those who have not heard a Taga......the SW10 sounds as good as Boston ASW650....smooth bass....I particularly like the build quality and the finish...agreed it is heavy....at least it will stay at its place and perform.....

I am sure the TSW 200 would be as good as BIC America F12.....no opportunity to audition it as it was not there......will see if I can......

I think it would be better to start a new thread on the group buy. A group buy in the heading of the thread would give more responses.

Hi

Agree....will do that in a while. have to rush for an event now.....

However, some have PMed me a while back.......

I'm unable to find any good Reviews for Taga Sw10 etc..

Also, Where can I audition these is Hyderabad? Any suggestions please...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Taga as a brand has come just 18 months back and it's a Polish brand. Some members have purchased and audition the 5.0 or 5.1 systems. Seems to be value for money coupled with decent performance.

I heard it recently and it sounds close to the Boston ASW 650.

Not sure how many have purchased...but to get the time to write a detailed review may take a while....

Are Pioneer AJ sub-woofers still aval in the market? What are the models and last heard prices if any..

I could find S-MS3SW on Pioneer India website.. Any idea on the price?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back