Planning for Two Subwoofers, budget 50K Max - Suggestions please..

Just received the subwoofer..

Packing was good.. No damage or dents on the subwoofer box..

Some pics...

3188f4b6dffada0304bea04bf3a6e3c4.jpg

f1fea7bbef23799baa18f7777d9e858d.jpg

46aeb808552df10bc05e0a8334688ba7.jpg

ef7ef2153e671f4ca16954098e96fca8.jpg

baf58e2f54c47bcc4ef3f1d17a6733e3.jpg

e0753d5708af36682413395c79d27026.jpg

71ac3a76903bf2aba61d68b62d85e9e0.jpg

b1d7651ef3483d2a5a6b42f20e81fbe2.jpg
Congratulations, it looks pretty impressive, do review it for us as soon as possible. Do a A/B comparative data with 1 vs 2 Subs with changing crossover settings. I'm eagerly looking forward to your inputs.

"Tagarians" will be dominating the subwoofer scene for coming months on HFV it seems...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Congratulations, it looks pretty impressive, do review it for us as soon as possible.

Thanks Buddy.. Sure.. it does.. Will share my experience.

Do a A/B comparative data with 1 vs 2 Subs with changing crossover settings. I'm eagerly looking forward to your inputs.

Sure.. Need to get some connectors, will allow it to run-in for some days and then observe the difference..

"Tagarians" will be dominating the subwoofer scene for coming months on HFV it seems...

:eek:hyeah: Good one.. Letz see..Not sure how many bought 2 subs of Taga..

We are awaiting honest, detailed and unbiased review that is typical of FM elangoas. We need review for both music and movies. For music i'm waiting to hear how it copes with fast Indian film music - if possible the track dil tu hi bata from Krrish3.

We are awaiting honest, detailed and unbiased review that is typical of FM elangoas. We need review for both music and movies. For music i'm waiting to hear how it copes with fast Indian film music - if possible the track dil tu hi bata from Krrish3.

Thx sash.. Sure, i will try my best to observe and share the experience in detail..

As i don't have an AVR right now, i have hooked the subs with my brother's Onkyo AVR, allowing sometime to burn-in

Hi,

Recently got the chance to Audition/Compare the new Sonodyne Roarr 210( MRP 26K, after discount 21 k) with SVS PB 1000 (MRP 52K after Discount 44k).

Both are having 10" Driver. After performing couple of side by side test, I concluded Sonodyne 210 is way better than SVS PB1000. Following are my observation and reason why Sonodyne is better.

Build Quality
--------------

The Build quality of SVS PB1000 is better than Sonodyne Roarr 210 as it huge. Look wise also SVS PB1000 is better than Sonodyne Roarr 210.

But power cable attached to the SVS PB1000 was looking cheaper. It is 2 pin power cable which is not detachable. Where as sonodyne is detachable.

Sound Quality
----------------
AV Receiver Subwoofer Level was set to 0. As well as crossover was set to 80Hz.

1) I set the Sonodyne Roarr 210 Subwoofer Volume level to 60% and Crossover Frequency to the lowest i.e 50 Hz.

Then Set the SVS PB1000 Subwoofer Volume level to 60% and Crossover Frequency to the lowest i.e 50 Hz

The amount of deep Bass I got with Sonodyne Roarr 210 was ahead than SVS PB1000. Then I set the Volume of SVS PB1000 to 100% with Crossover Frequency to 50 Hz. But still I felt Roarr210 Bass was slightly more, not Boomy but tight.

Price
------
The Price of SVS PB1000 is double the price of Sonodyne Roar 210.

Hi,

Recently got the chance to Audition/Compare the new Sonodyne Roarr 210( MRP 26K, after discount 21 k) with SVS PB 1000 (MRP 52K after Discount 44k).

Both are having 10" Driver. After performing couple of side by side test, I concluded Sonodyne 210 is way better than SVS PB1000. Following are my observation and reason why Sonodyne is better.

Build Quality
--------------

The Build quality of SVS PB1000 is better than Sonodyne Roarr 210 as it huge. Look wise also SVS PB1000 is better than Sonodyne Roarr 210.

But power cable attached to the SVS PB1000 was looking cheaper. It is 2 pin power cable which is not detachable. Where as sonodyne is detachable.

Sound Quality
----------------

1) I set the Sonodyne Roarr 210 Subwoofer Volume level to 60% and Crossover Frequency to the lowest i.e 50 Hz.

Then Set the SVS PB1000 Subwoofer Volume level to 60% and Crossover Frequency to the lowest i.e 50 Hz

The amount of deep Bass I got with Sonodyne Roarr 210 was ahead than SVS PB1000. Then I set the Volume of SVS PB1000 to 100% with Crossover Frequency to 50 Hz. But still I felt Roarr210 Bass was slightly more, not Boomy but tight.

Price
------

Hi,

Build Quality
--------------

Sound Quality
----------------

Price
------

Good to see an a/b comparison done before purchase. Congrats on the purchase.

Hi,

Both are having 10" Driver. After performing couple of side by side test, I concluded Sonodyne 210 is way better than SVS PB1000.

I have heard the Sonodyne Roar 210 many a times & the studio monitor series SLF210 too which is better than Roar 210.. They are good..

Your comments might just irke a brand war here.. Let us not get there...

It would be unfair to say which one is better without getting the placement right, tweaking them correctly with EQ..

Did you take audition of single sub (or) multiple subs?

Your comments might just irke a brand war here.. Let us not get there...

It would be unfair to say which one is better without getting the placement right, tweaking them correctly with EQ..

nicely put Elango :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks Elangoas for your Input.

I compared with Single Subwoofer placement. My intention was not to hurt anybody's sentiment.

Before hooking the SVS Subwoofer, my expectation was huge and I was expecting some great sound from it as I heard a lot about SVS PB1000. Almost most of the AV Forum has recommended this Sub.

But after comparing with the Sonodyne Roarr 210. I was disappointed. For me it was just another Subwoofer. The wow factor was missing.

May be the SVS did not sound great as it was new and I opened it to from the Box to test. Where as the Sonodyne Roarr was used for some time(may be 10-20hrs).

Checked with Onkyo TX-NR646 as well as with Onkyo TX-SR313(basic level receiver)+ Raspberry Pi3(LibreElec) + Sony BDP-S4200 Bluray Player.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention.

One of my Friend purchased SVS PB1000 and I have purchased Sonodyne Roarr 210 recently.

Because of my Friend I got the chance to compare both the Subwoofer at my house as well as at his house with his Yamaha RX-V781 Receiver.

Also I found the 2016 Sonodyne Roarr 210 is better than Last Year Roarr 210.

Last edited:
My intention was not to hurt anybody's sentiment.

Perfect got it..

Before hooking the SVS Subwoofer, my expectation was huge and I was expecting some great sound from it as I heard a lot about SVS PB1000. Almost most of the AV Forum has recommended this Sub.

Reputation precedes the brand.. SVS have great following..

But after comparing with the Sonodyne Roarr 210. I was disappointed. For me it was just another Subwoofer. The wow factor was missing.

May be the SVS did not sound great as it was new and I opened it to from the Box to test. Where as the Sonodyne Roarr was used for some time(may be 10-20hrs).

All i wanted to say was, without the conditions being equal, it would be unfair to call it better..

I have purchased Sonodyne Roarr 210 recently. Also I found the 2016 Sonodyne Roarr 210 is better than Last Year Roarr 210.

Congrats on your purchase.. Good choice..

Perfect got it..

Reputation precedes the brand.. SVS have great following..

All i wanted to say was, without the conditions being equal, it would be unfair to call it better..

Congrats on your purchase.. Good choice..

Congratulation to you too on your purchase of Taga Subwoofer. Please share your feedback of your Subwoofer as well as of your new projector.

Also I got your point Elangoas. Due to budget constraint I had to go With Sonodyne. Even I have audition their All subwoofer. I am not telling they are the best but around 20k price range I found them good compare to other model.

Congratulation to you too on your purchase of Taga Subwoofer. Please share your feedback of your Subwoofer as well as of your new projector.

Thanks.. Sure.. Will share..

Also I got your point Elangoas. Due to budget constraint I had to go With Sonodyne. Even I have audition their All subwoofer. I am not telling they are the best but around 20k price range I found them good compare to other model.

I have been using Sonodyne range of products for sometime for.. Always suggested their offerings for someone who have the heart to buy, but constraint on budget..

How're the subs working out for you? One of my top preferences for purchase a month later. But I'll be going only for one

does having 2 subs change things for 1 person who sits in the same spot?

from the audioholics article linked earlier

Are Two Subwoofers Better than One? | Audioholics

The only circumstance where I would choose a single sub over dual subs is if your budget and placement are constrained and you listen at a single position only

from that article it seems 2 subs helps more for other people in different seating positions. now in my case for eg no one else in family cares about this audiophile stuff or may even be able to tell much difference so would it be worth having 2 subs if its only for me and i sit in the one spot?

How're the subs working out for you? One of my top preferences for purchase a month later. But I'll be going only for one

They are good.. Go for two if your budget permits..

does having 2 subs change things for 1 person who sits in the same spot?

from the audioholics article linked earlier

Are Two Subwoofers Better than One? | Audioholics

from that article it seems 2 subs helps more for other people in different seating positions. now in my case for eg no one else in family cares about this audiophile stuff or may even be able to tell much difference so would it be worth having 2 subs if its only for me and i sit in the one spot?

Providing better response for the 2nd seating position is also one of the benefits for dual subs...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back