Planning to buy 42 HD ready plasma

Just ordered the Panasonic 42x30 for 36,500/- :)
Should be delivered today.
1 yr warranty + extra 2 yrs warranty only on the panel
Have bought this blindly just coz of the 3 yrs warranty on the panel. Earlier had a 40'' Samsung Full HD LCD that got spoilt 6 months after its 1 yr warranty got over and i had to sell it as trash. Hope PQ is good.

Just ordered the Panasonic 42x30 for 36,500/- :)
Should be delivered today.
1 yr warranty + extra 2 yrs warranty only on the panel
Have bought this blindly just coz of the 3 yrs warranty on the panel. Earlier had a 40'' Samsung Full HD LCD that got spoilt 6 months after its 1 yr warranty got over and i had to sell it as trash. Hope PQ is good.

Wow very good price and congratulations...

hi karthik,

congrats on ur purchase!
may i know where did you bought the 42x30. i was quoted 41k in panny showroom in bangalore. 36.5k is awesome deal!

thanks
shivap

hi amit,

congrats on ur purchase!
may i know where did you bought the 42x30. i was quoted 41k in panny showroom in bangalore. 36.5k is awesome deal!

thanks
shivap

@karthi amitmk is saying that his samsung lcd got spoil after the 1 year warranty got ended so no chance of replacement

@ amitmk can you share what happened with your lcd ? because am also thinking to get a samsung led tv now am little worried

hi karthik,

congrats on ur purchase!

thanks
shivap

Sorry for delay in my reply.

I purchased this model for 38,500 but amitmk purchased it for 36500 with 2 years warranty, I purchased from Panasonic Brand Shop in Kodambakkam Chennai. Vasath & co offered me 38,000 but went with brand shop due to satisfaction

Hi, I called up Croma today and Panasonic 42V20 is available for 59000, plus they are giving discount of 7000, so 52000. Is this a good buy or should i go for 42X30D which is even cheaper and newer model. Please give me your advice and suggestions. Thanks!

Hi, I called up Croma today and Panasonic 42V20 is available for 59000, plus they are giving discount of 7000, so 52000. Is this a good buy or should i go for 42X30D which is even cheaper and newer model. Please give me your advice and suggestions. Thanks!
If the piece is from the display wall, check the usage. Anything more than 100 hours is a bad deal. One may ask why. The reasons are these display pieces are powered with the highest contrast, high brightness, vivid colours, etc. to offset the brightly lit conditions of the showroom.

Now between V20 and X30 - there is hardly a good comparison. It is not even an apple to an orange. New does not mean better. The specs are wide apart as the comparison shows below (first figure refers to V20):
- Full-HD 1080p vs. HD-Ready 720p
- neoPDP vs. G14 panel
- 1080 line moving pictures resolution vs. 720
- infinite black levels vs. deep black
- 5,000,000:1 DCR vs. 2,000,000:1 (this is a pile of nonsensical figure anyway)
- less reflections vs. more

Even though the V20 is definitely superior but the X30 is not bad either. At a distance of 8 feet, the following won't matter much:
- full HD 1080p
- 1080 line MPR
- that stupid DCR

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back