please help me buy home theater system under 2 lakhs

himniv

I am looking for a 5.1 ch package for my L shaped drawing room. The system will be in 16 feet x 9 feet area (the other section being dining needs no sound effect). I want the same system to go with general TV/movies experience as well as music. I listen to variety of music from Indian classical to rock. Also the speaker need to be wall mounted - floor standing will not work (except for sub-woofer ).
I have so far seen speaker packages from Bose, KEF , Bose lifestyle system, JBL, Genelec speakers. I plan to hear Yamaha, Onkyo and B&W systeme next.

I felt bose Ok for watching movies, but not good enough for music. KEF 3005 speaker system 3005 with Denon 2311 receiver was a disappointment - poor vocal, shrill sound and too loud at times (demo at Pro Fx shop). JBL CONTROL 1 (5 SPEAKES) was good with movies, while music sounded good, vocals could have been better.

I found Genelec 6010A with 5040 subwoofer by far the best. Music was really good and various sounds in movie quite clear. However I experienced this at Pandam studio, so am not sure if experience at home will be substantially different. Also not sure if the speaker package makes sense in 5.1 ch combo for a my room size. Will it be too small? Finally the looks will definitely be an issue!! Not sure if my wife will reject it for this reason itself!!!

Please help me decide/ suggest system which will meet my requirements.

You should also audition a NAD T747 and PSB Image series combo for your requirement as its both musical as well as great for Movies. You can audition this combo at Lakozy Electronics Mumbai.

I checked out NAD and PSB speaker combo at PSB. They showed NAD 765 and PSB synchrony 1B combo. While sound was good , it seems to be lot over my budget. How much would the image series differ in terms of price and experience.

Check out Canton and Epos. Both are very good brands and overall audio is very balanced. The sound will not be bright and shrilling at all.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I checked out NAD and PSB speaker combo at PSB. They showed NAD 765 and PSB synchrony 1B combo. While sound was good , it seems to be lot over my budget. How much would the image series differ in terms of price and experience.

PSB Image series is almost half Price in comparison with the Synchrony Series.

Are you looking at speaker packages at 2 lakhs or with avr?

Although, the dining area is not where you listen to the music, sound will leak to it, so you will need avrs and speakers that can handle that mass of air.

With wall mounted speakers, you will be limited for choices, as you would have to look for front ported speakers.

The Genelec or active speakers should be your best option due to the constraints in the space.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back