Please share best price TV purchase in last week sales, delivery speed and status

i called up Micromax CC today AN and they also told the same to get it registered before 15th Nov, as mentioned in FK site

In front of their own installation guy it was not working properly, although he didn't have any printed receipt to give me an acknowledgement.

And now you guys are scaring me, brb... Have to fill out flipkart replacement request :)

i called up Micromax CC today AN and they also told the same to get it registered before 15th Nov, as mentioned in FK site
Well if it comes to that then you may quote micromax site screenshot to them. Hope it doesn't come to that for any of us. uploadfromtaptalk1445362833298.jpg

oh no, the second case of replacement again from delhi, why not refund prk??

Last edited:
oh no, the second case of replacement again from delhi, why not refund prk??

For once, i didnt see a refund option, only return!

More importantly, i have checked the TV's performance thoroughly in the last 3 hours and its a pretty good product actually. Black levels, clarity, brightness, external media playability, sound; all exceed my expectations.

So i'm gonna give it another shot, and i still have 3 years warranty on this, in the worst case scenario.

For once, i didnt see a refund option, only return!

More importantly, i have checked the TV's performance thoroughly in the last 3 hours and its a pretty good product actually. Black levels, clarity, brightness, external media playability, sound; all exceed my expectations.

So i'm gonna give it another shot, and i still have 3 years warranty on this, in the worst case scenario.
Good to know that it works well while it does. I called their customer support about the damaged product and they did give me a choice between refund and replacement. I chose replacement because I need the TV and the price was good but if you prefer refund you'd most likely have to call customer support.

I checked my friends TV, Micromax 50B6000 FHD....

What i liked....

- Plugged 1 TB HD to the TV... easily abt 150 HD movies on it...I din't notice any lag while scrolling across the movie list...
- Most BR Rip files have DTS/Dolby Audio tracks and approx 3 -4 GB in file size.
- There is no mention of DTS/DD decoder on the TV or anywhere. But i think the TV has the decoder... Not sure if MMX didn't put the label/logo on the TV intentionally to keep away from paying licensing fee for the decoding capability...
- Played almost all movie formats...
- The MMX technician who came for installation, set the contrast, brightness, colour and other parameters to 50% straight..
- SD channels were good, but HD playback was superb & impressive... The video playback was crisp & picture's were sharp... I think i was sitting abt easily 8 - 10 feet distance from the TV..

They could improve on

- Menu display.. Looks too basic...Better graphics would please...
- Slightly bigger remote & bigger buttons...
- No optical out
- HDMI ARC and HDMI CEC function...

Last edited:
so nice of you to review the TV elango...
prk, there are two parallel cables running form video board to panel in all TV beyond 32 inch which actually split the panel in two half. May be one of your cable was bit problematic initially not powering the half of screen which became alright now. You can check youtube video of samsung panel repair to get an idea if these flat ribbon cables.
I am happy that you and elango are quite OK with performance. Bit extra confident on the unit.
I am sure macho will get new unit soon and enjoy like both of you.

being sony user, whats your personal feeling on the picture quality of micromax elango??
If we keep the price factor apart, do you feel the unit black level, sharpness and color is something beyond expectation at the offered price??

I checked my friends TV, Micromax 50B6000 FHD....

What i liked....

- Plugged 1 TB HD to the TV... easily abt 150 HD movies on it...I din't notice any lag while scrolling across the movie list...
- Most BR Rip files have DTS/Dolby Audio tracks and approx 3 -4 GB in file size.
- There is no mention of DTS/DD decoder on the TV or anywhere. But i think the TV has the decoder... Not sure if MMX didn't put the label/logo on the TV intentionally to keep away from paying licensing fee for the decoding capability...
- Played almost all movie formats...
- The MMX technician who came for installation, set the contrast, brightness, colour and other parameters to 50% straight..
- SD channels were good, but HD playback was superb & impressive... The video playback was crisp & picture's were sharp... I think i was sitting abt easily 8 - 10 feet distance from the TV..

They could improve on

- Menu display.. Looks too basic...Better graphics would please...
- Slightly bigger remote & bigger buttons...
- No optical out
- HDMI ARC and HDMI CEC function...

Does any Micromax TV has optical out ?

Thanks diplomat for the power cord info.
I got a call from FK this morning and later from Micromax office. They're sending an engineer to verify my problem which as of now doesn't exist. Based on his input, i may keep the same unit also.

How reliable are these online purchases ?

I am planning to buy a TV and on paytm its very cheap , almost 25k less than the quoted one here in store.

How reliable are these online purchases ?

I am planning to buy a TV and on paytm its very cheap , almost 25k less than the quoted one here in store.

If you buy online say from Flipkart with a seller like WS Retail which is actually a subsidiary of Flipkart, you can be sure that you'll get a boxed product straight from the OEM.

Purchasing from a seller through PayTM is like a hit and miss game you may get a demo piece. a used or damaged piece and replacement may not be easy. If the seller has lots of orders of a product then there is a fair possibility that you may get a good piece. If the seller does not have many orders he is most likely clearing a demo piece or a returned TV. You have to be really very careful and ready for a long, painful return process if you do decide to order and end up being unlucky.

Also, all OEM's do not honor warranties for online purchases. Do check with them prior to ordering and if possible write a mail to customer care and get a response in black & white.

If you buy online say from Flipkart with a seller like WS Retail which is actually a subsidiary of Flipkart, you can be sure that you'll get a boxed product straight from the OEM.

Purchasing from a seller through PayTM is like a hit and miss game you may get a demo piece. a used or damaged piece and replacement may not be easy. If the seller has lots of orders of a product then there is a fair possibility that you may get a good piece. If the seller does not have many orders he is most likely clearing a demo piece or a returned TV. You have to be really very careful and ready for a long, painful return process if you do decide to order and end up being unlucky.

Also, all OEM's do not honor warranties for online purchases. Do check with them prior to ordering and if possible write a mail to customer care and get a response in black & white.

If you are looking at buying this.

https://paytm.com/shop/p/panasonic-...d-tv-full-hd-LARPANASONIC-THELEC318451FEFF777

I'd suggest you stay clear as the seller has sold a single piece. every possibility that the previous purchase was returned and he is looking for a new bakra.

why is it so ? When a serial number is tallied to their company , what stops them from honoring the warranty ?

anyway , was about to order the TV , still I might go for deals on amazon and watch for AWS seller , IIRC for amazon.

Thanks. can you also help me out in that thread i have posted in what to buy ?

why is it so ? When a serial number is tallied to their company , what stops them from honoring the warranty ?

anyway , was about to order the TV , still I might go for deals on amazon and watch for AWS seller , IIRC for amazon.

Thanks. can you also help me out in that thread i have posted in what to buy ?

You are right in saying that but Videocon straight away told me that any purchases from snapdeal would not be covered under warranty. Also most OEM's have a small quote in there terms stating that purchases only from authorized dealers will be covered under warranty. India is still not dominated by e-retailing and there is enormous pressure on OEM's from there brick and mortar retailers to counter discounts by online sellers.

I dont mind 55 , but dont know what to get. If i get from panasonic itself , it will save me many hassle of paper work of refunding my old TV , but i want to know whether HEXA CHROMA is a real deal and worth it ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back