Please suggest a 6.5 inch driver for subwoofer.

Naveenbnc

Hello all, can you suggest a 6.5inch driver for passive subwoofer please??

I have a sub that came along with Yamaha Yht196 package. First of all, it doesn't give any bass. It is lying useless in my home, but I don't want to throw it away because it looks nice indeed.

So i want to replace the inbuilt driver with a good one and see if it works.

The sub dimensions are in the attached pics. Can you suggest a good driver that may work with that enclosure please. Screenshot_2018-06-09-14-59-02-319_com.miui.gallery.pngIMG_20180609_150131.jpg

How did you reach the conclusion that the driver is the culprit? Bass in a real room is dominated by room modes. If the listener is at one of the nulls then you dont get bass at that frequency, irrespective of volume and irrespective of which subwoofer you use.
Play some sweep tones between 40hz and 200hz and check the cone motion.
Move the sub around to see whether that improves the bass perception

Hello all, can you suggest a 6.5inch driver for passive subwoofer please??

I have a sub that came along with Yamaha Yht196 package. First of all, it doesn't give any bass. It is lying useless in my home, but I don't want to throw it away because it looks nice indeed.

So i want to replace the inbuilt driver with a good one and see if it works.

The sub dimensions are in the attached pics. Can you suggest a good driver that may work with that enclosure please. View attachment 27972View attachment 27973
Which amp you tried with.
For powering this sub using the same AVR which is supplied with YHT ?

Agree with diyaudio. You can use this website to run low frequencies to see how the sub performs. Changing the drives is recommended only if it has gone bust.

I tried it with yht196 avr long back... But it barely produced any bass. Now i tried with another diy amp 250w made by our fm Aniket. Same result. (By the way this diy amp is driving a 12 inch sub nicely )

How did you reach the conclusion that the driver is the culprit? Bass in a real room is dominated by room modes. If the listener is at one of the nulls then you dont get bass at that frequency, irrespective of volume and irrespective of which subwoofer you use.
Play some sweep tones between 40hz and 200hz and check the cone motion.
Move the sub around to see whether that improves the bass perception
Hi ... Il try your tips. But this sub came in a very basic Yht196 package. In that package the speakers are very basic and sub is only for name sake. Many users said the same...that sub in yht196 is totally useless.
At full volume, if you place your hand at the port, you feel very mild air flow, and very mild bass.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back